What's new

ISI chief on farewell visits

everything is about Nov 2022 , when 4 to 5 names will be sent to PM for next COAS selection and he is on 4th number on seniority they are attacking him to make it difficult for him and PM IK ( if he is PM in Nov 2022 ) to become COAS . Everybody knows whats this position in Pakistan hold . Rest is all politics and mud slugging .
Which is why democracy is such a sham.

everything is about Nov 2022 , when 4 to 5 names will be sent to PM for next COAS selection and he is on 4th number on seniority they are attacking him to make it difficult for him and PM IK ( if he is PM in Nov 2022 ) to become COAS . Everybody knows whats this position in Pakistan hold . Rest is all politics and mud slugging .

True, and every time in our history that a PM has passed over seniority or otherwise selected a favourite in order to protect themselves politically, it has resulted in their own removal after a time at the hands of their own selection. Let's see what happens.

I think Gen.(retd) Jahangir Karamat was living in Washington, though I don't know the current status.

Very close to the US, as most Chiefs have been throughout history --- but he was in Pak last.
If any of the allegations against the ex DG ISI are remotely true, whether those allegations are coming from politicians, journalists, or from matters tied up with court-related ongoing developments, he'd also be well advised to start buying a few properties abroad and being prepared to make haste. It also looks like it's nearly open season on him, plenty of flak thrown his way too at the Lahore conference yesterday.

If you are going to interfere in domestic politics, which of course every DG does, then either do it really well / ruthlessly / full safaya --- or don't interfere.

Very close to the US, as most Chiefs have been throughout history --- but he was in Pak last.

If you are going to interfere in domestic politics, which of course every DG does, then either do it really well / ruthlessly / full safaya --- or don't interfere.

I think FH did it very thoroughly, which is why he is the target of such criticism. Criticism is coming from politicians, journalists, judges, and others in civil society. I think we've never seen a general in Pakistan's history who's been this buried in political dirt, with the exception of course of the various dictators.

I think FH did it very thoroughly, which is why he is the target of such criticism. Criticism is coming from politicians, journalists, judges, and others in civil society. I think we've never seen a general in Pakistan's history who's been this buried in political dirt, with the exception of course of the various dictators.

Wholeheartedly disagree that he was thorough. I do think he was a capable and well-intentioned officer, which is generally all you can hope for in Pakistan. Of course we don't need to agree on that :)

I separate external-focused agency with a DG totally unencumbered by domestic nonsense would do the country wonders. My 2c.

Peace.

Finally...............................

1637587379166.png

Back
Top Bottom