What's new

Is the Indian Military Capable of Executing the Cold Start Doctrine?

Never underestimate the enemy. As a concept the CSD is a serious threat. India may not be able to acquire all the hardware and put all the systems in place in next 4/5 years, but when thy do, it will become a real threat especially when uneducated and irrational, lunatic right-wing extremists are in power. Once they are confident of their setup and its capabilities, the war will become a reality.

On the other hand, Pakistani defense forces are also not asleep and despite limited resource for acquiring new hardware, they are also working on effective counter measures.

Openly admitting CSD was not wise in my opinion. It not only gave Pakistan an excuse to develop and test tactical nukes pressure -free but also gives an impression of aggression. All preperation for the doctrine could have been made without open declaration.

Good article.
However Pakistan's land forces have a gaping hole in their tank fleet, which I hope is solved. Everything else represents a powerful armoured force i.e. SP artillery, MLRS, APC's, infantry and so on.
Yeah I've been waiting to hear some good news regarding Al-Khalid II and Al-Haider. It's been too long. India far outnumbers Pak when it comes to tanks. To make matters worse Pak's tanks comprise of Al-Khalids, Al-Zarrars, T80UDs, and hundreds of older T models that weren't upgraded to Al-Zarrar standard...that sounds like a maintenance nightmare and may pose a huge problem during wartime.

Back
Top Bottom