What's new

Is something wrong with mentality of richer folks ?

Star Wars

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
So something just crossed my mind which happened to my last year when i was in Bangalore and am deciding to share this ..

When i had purchased something one day instead of getting change i got 8 toffees as change , I decided i would give it to one of those poor kids in the construction site . I expected the kid to keep everything for himself but to what amazed me the kid gave all the 7 toffees to every other kid and grownup at the construction site and kept just one for himself ..Kinda amazed me that someone who had so less would be willing to share 90% of what he got . I decided to do the same to one of the kids in the neighborhood , couldn't just randomly give it to kids(don;t take from strangers thingy) . Not surprisingly my neighbors kids wasn't really willing to share and he gets his fair share of treats ..

So is there something wrong with richer folks , or am i looking too much into it ...

So something just crossed my mind which happened to my last year when i was in Bangalore and am deciding to share this ..

When i had purchased something one day instead of getting change i got 8 toffees as change , I decided i would give it to one of those poor kids in the construction site . I expected the kid to keep everything for himself but to what amazed me the kid gave all the 7 toffees to every other kid and grownup at the construction site and kept just one for himself ..Kinda amazed me that someone who had so less would be willing to share 90% of what he got . I decided to do the same to one of the kids in the neighborhood , couldn't just randomly give it to kids(don;t take from strangers thingy) . Not surprisingly my neighbors kids wasn't really willing to share and he gets his fair share of treats ..

So is there something wrong with richer folks , or am i looking too much into it ...

Naahh....it pretty much depends on their upbringing.
Children brought up in joint families tend to be more sharing irrespective of their financial background.

lolz...I can honestly answer yes!

Richer kids kind of dont have the sharing concept coz they dont need to share...everyone gets their share!

It is a sad reality as I had done a similar experiment like you did....and got the exact same results!

Naahh....it pretty much depends on their upbringing.
Children brought up in joint families tend to be more sharing irrespective of their financial background.
yeah, most kids in cities now a days live in solitary environment and there is too much focus on education, less on socializing with other kids.

yeah, most kids in cities now a days live in solitary environment and there is too much focus on education, less on socializing with other kids.
Children are like sponges, they observe everything.
Frankly I dont blame the parents too, most of them strive to give their children the best, unfortunately the environment in the cities are such that socializing with others is for a purpose.

Agreed......................

It depends on the way you are brought up. But generally speaking people from a lower economic strata (in my experience) are a lot more generous then those better off. never really thought about it till now .

And that is precisely why they are poor. The poor universally have no concept of long term planning. They live in the moment and that is why they are always at the mercy of others.

And that is precisely why they are poor. The poor universally have no concept of long term planning. They live in the moment and that is why they are always at the mercy of others.
Or maybe he shared it with others because he wanted to share the happiness with all the others around him. Sharing something with others and putting a smile on their faces dont make u or keep u poor for the rest of ur life. The idea that u are putting out is exactly the selfish idea that the world unfortunately works on, imagine if all shared, how few our problems would have been.

For me it's the opposite. Rich people are much more generous and giving. Middle class or lower tend to keep everything hidden. So if you're expecting food or snacks, good luck with that. That's how it is for me. :D

OP, depends on how rich as well.

In Palestinian culture you have to be very welcoming and offer tea/sweats/mixed nuts as a regular thing. Muslims also tend to offer food most of the time.

People with resources in my culture give far more to charitable causes than the poor. That isn't because "rich" people are somehow better people, it is because they have the ability to do so. Also there are tax benefits to donating as well.

Richer kids kind of dont have the sharing concept coz they dont need to share...everyone gets their share!

^^ This

They simply don't understand why they need to share. To them, the world is fair as they get what they pay for.

Back
Top Bottom