What's new

Is Pakistan Losing Another Decade Like the Lost Decade of 1990s?

Your question's basic premise is flawed. It assumes that dictators always cause death of millions which is simply not the case in Pakistan.

To the contrary, dictators in Pakistan have accelerated both social and economic development in the country in the same way that most dictators in East Asia and ASEAN have.

Haq's Musings: Looking Back at Military Rule in Indonesia and Pakistan

As to you nonsensical question to the webmaster, the debate is between democracy (as in India) and dictatorship (as in China). Unlike China, millions of Indians are still dying of hunger every year. And the share of the world's poor in India has increased from 22% 30 years ago to 33% now.

Haq's Musings: India's Share of World's Poorest Jumped From 22% to 33% in 30 Years!

The debate is not Indian democracy vs. Dictatorship. You chose to compare India vs. China. Why not then compare Idi Amin (Uganda) with another democracy? China had how many deaths during the Cultural Revolution? Hence, my question holds true when you do a comparison. If you, drag a point be a good economist and look at it from all perspectives. Not a singular dimension.

The dictators who deliver had good policies. Democracies which deliver had good policies. China, which is a communist single party system (and your entire argument of calling it a Dictatorship is laughable) had good policies.

The single common factor is good policy. It has nothing to do with forms of systems. I really am not interested in looking at your blogs. I can provide enough sources to you which prove democracies have accelerated growth in the long run and from much more reliable sources.

Hence, if you cannot answer my query, your entire premise of saying a dictatorship will result in a good economic growth is flawed.

Back
Top Bottom