What's new

Is Modern Europe Enduring The Same Scourge As Ancient India?

What they overlook is Europeans will accept Turks, Morrocans, Syrians, Iranians far more than these sliding creatures from the overpopulated banks of the Ganga-Bramaputra.
You are going to give these people a heart attack. They have a massive superiority complex. They think of Caucasians as the albino version of ancient Indians.

He was not like that, they might have done something to deserve that.
Who knows for sure , until some new evidences are put forward .

Look you half literate it is not pronunced "Indika". Ινδική is used by ancient writers and it was pronounced as "Indee-keys". I have this info from a friend who is Greek linguist with interest in Ancient Grrek history. It was the British who began to use "India" and because they were superpower they made the term current across the world. To begin with the term Ινδική mean only the Indus region. What your doing, like most of your kind are apt to do, is gather bits and then join them togather to make a single narrative of your own making.

Dod you know that Asia originally meant the Turkish coast opposite Greece? Today it most Americans take it to mean Japs., Chinese, Koreans etc. That does not mean the "Asia" of 1000BC is Japan does it?

I am got going to go through this all over again. Those interested, please read the academic article posted in the link below.

1 (a) Ινδική > The Indus region that is modern Pakistan.
(b) Hendosh > The Achaemenid Persian satrapy covering modern Sindh in Pakistan.
2. Ινδική > The Indus region and Ganges basin.
3. Limyrike > Deccan region or modern South India.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/hindustan-is-not-india.421350/page-2#ixzz4FipjvkDJ

Why are you cherry picking :azn: he traced the geography of India and spend important time in the courts and kingdom of then king of India :oops:

Look you half literate it is not pronunced "Indika". Ινδική is used by ancient writers and it was pronounced as "Indee-keys". I have this info from a friend who is Greek linguist with interest in Ancient Grrek history. It was the British who began to use "India" and because they were superpower they made the term current across the world. To begin with the term Ινδική mean only the Indus region. What your doing, like most of your kind are apt to do, is gather bits and then join them togather to make a single narrative of your own making.

Dod you know that Asia originally meant the Turkish coast opposite Greece? Today it most Americans take it to mean Japs., Chinese, Koreans etc. That does not mean the "Asia" of 1000BC is Japan does it?

I am got going to go through this all over again. Those interested, please read the academic article posted in the link below.

1 (a) Ινδική > The Indus region that is modern Pakistan.
(b) Hendosh > The Achaemenid Persian satrapy covering modern Sindh in Pakistan.
2. Ινδική > The Indus region and Ganges basin.
3. Limyrike > Deccan region or modern South India.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/hindustan-is-not-india.421350/page-2#ixzz4FipjvkDJ
You're bursting a vessel for no reason. It is obvious that the original article was nothing more than a fantasy self-gratification piece. I have just finished a module with the OU in history specializing in empires and the article in the first post makes as much sense as a teenage boy daydreaming about how in the event of a terrorist attack on his classroom, he will emerge a hero by single-handedly saving the day.
When someone who cannot discern between refugees- who have lost everything in this world, and well equipped trained military in a by-gone era, the rest of the reading material is not worth the bytes it took up.

Okay here is the "ideal" life

*Naked in the jungles
*Most people trapped in in quasi slavery ~ Untouchability
*Women have freedom to get toasted on husbands death#
*Can't eat meat
*Divided and sliced into more horizontal/verical groups then I have hair - And trust me I have plenty.

Yeh that sounds real cool !!!

Now I am off. Have fun in the Ganges ......

You're bursting a vessel for no reason
Pressure release, General. Ever watch "Blackadder goes forth?" Well Ganges is my "Baldrick". Punchbag.

Who knows for sure , until some new evidences are put forward .
Sher Shah suri is my favorite though for his construction work for people. Tipu Sultan is the bravest and fought British valiantly and his famous quote is " One day of a lion is better than 100 yrs of jackal"

*Naked in the jungles
*Can't eat meat
*Divided and sliced into more horizontal/verical groups then I have hair - And trust me I have plenty.

Calm Down !:p:
Your anger has taken over . Drink some glass of Water .

1st point is baseless
2nd point is a social ill and misinterpretation .
Misinterpretation and been taken care off .
Baseless . I am a Brahmin and I eat meat .

Sir I can give you the example of Castes in Muslim society . Islam is against it , then why is it still continuing in Muslim society of South Asia .

Some of the backward or lower-caste Muslim caste include Sheikh, Quraishi, Ansari,Kunjra, Dhobi, Halalkhor, and Kalal. The upper caste Muslim caste include Garha, Iraqis, Mughals, Pathan, Muslim Rajput, Muslim Jatt and Muslim Tyagi.

*Naked in the jungles
*Can't eat meat

Pressure release, General. Ever watch "Blackadder goes forth?" Well Ganges is my "Baldrick". Punchbag.
Oh that will hurt but what we can do the truth hurts. :)

Can they deny half naked figurines / sculptures of their godesses in temples?
Can they deny caste system? (the slavery perpetuated under the cloak of the religion)
Can they deny satti?
Can they deny the beef ban even in 21st century secular India?

What the author and the Indians here conveniently forget is that Europe is just next to the Arabs and had repelled all sorts of invasions (including Mongol onslaught) over the last thousand years. Europe wasn't simply dropped from the skies yesterday.

They faced much larger Arab armies countless times in the battlefield, compared to the overstretched Arabs forces led by the likes of bin Qasim on the Sindh frontier. The local soldiers didn't fight back as valiantly; they lacked the morale to die for their Kshatriya generals because the few high caste persecuted the lower castes (99%, considered subhumans) like no tomorrow!
In fact, for the locals of (what we call today) the Indian Peninsula, foreign/Islamic invasion was a blessing in disguise that would gradually erode the prevalent caste hierarchy.

Last edited:
Europe is rediscovering terror. Paris, Brussels, Nice, Cologne and Munich. In all of this, one discerns a faint sense of history repeating itself, but under a different sky.

Think about this. You're back a thousand years or so in time, in India.

Life's good. There's fertile land, there is abundance. There are cultured people well versed in the arts; there is music, dance, philosophy, literature, learning, architecture and openness towards life. Civilization is at its zenith. It's a golden age in many ways.

There's the Kama Sutra. People don't shy away from enjoying the pleasures of life. Sexual mores aren't too strict. Women aren't sequestered away under the veil and enjoy plenty of freedom. They participate equally in various aspects of life.

Certain conditions of India a thousand years ago could very well describe today's Europe. History tends to repeat itself if its lessons are not learned.

There's war every now and then, but there are some rules, some honour even. Some major wars from the past have left scars on the people's psyche and made everyone wary of the misery that battle brings. Peace and humanity are the major driving forces, not hunger for territory.

And there's wealth, an immense amount of it. All this has made you a little soft. You've forgotten that while you espouse elevated philosophies of living, there are others who don't think like you; they believe in a very different system. You've neglected the need to defend yourself.

You're living and enjoying life, oblivious to the ominous clouds gathering over the horizon that will change your land's destiny forever.

And then you experience terror. The terror that comes from facing a ferocious foe, determined to sack, loot, rape, pillage and destroy.

You witness the slaughter and the carnage. Your compatriots killed, taken captive, enslaved. Your homes, universities, institutions and places of worship destroyed, your wealth plundered.

Women turned into commodities. You're helpless and unable to comprehend, let alone counter, the onslaught.

At first these are terrifying raids. The raiders come, loot and go away. Then they realize that you are unable and unwilling to fight back and they can rule over you. So they return, to stay and impose their beliefs.

History shows us that terrorism is not a new phenomenon. Just the methods of inflicting it have changed. India has faced it squarely and suffered from it immensely for more than a millennium.

Certain conditions of India a thousand years ago could very well describe today's Europe. History tends to repeat itself if its lessons are not learned.

Human nature is such that one can never neglect one's defences. The survival of a civilization requires strength and if it cannot protect itself, there will be predators -- lurking, waiting to violently impose their ways. Ancient India experienced this and paid a heavy price, and now modern Europe may just be getting a sense of it.

Having fostered and enjoyed a vibrant liberalism, it seems today that Europe may have failed to anticipate the clear and present threats to its values and way of life.

http://www.huffingtonpost.in/amit-n...e-enduring-the-same-scourge-as-ancient-india/

Panditji, word of advice.

This is the wrong forum to be discussing about ancient India (remember what happened when you posted map of Akhand Bharat etc)

You seem to be interested about ancient world civilisations. There are many out there that have much better, non-biased and well informed members on the subject...so I would suggest those.

Ones like this: http://historum.com/

Over here you will just get the usual crowd saying things like Ancient "Pakistan" (like the word even existed before the 20th century)....so there is really not much point in such threads as you will be swamped by "facts" and "reasoning" any proper historian will struggle not to laugh at.

Written by another chutiya.. Who doesn't know that 1000 years ago a united India didn't exist.. And those evil Muslim created empires .. Gave a society that was taxing low castes for covering their breasts and whatnot dignity .. Gave them things like the grand trunk road,tak mahal and whatnot..

writes another who proves he is that what he abuses other
Written by another chutiya.. Who doesn't know that 1000 years ago a united India didn't exist.. And those evil Muslim created empires .. Gave a society that was taxing low castes for covering their breasts and whatnot dignity .. Gave them things like the grand trunk road,tak mahal and whatnot..
india-quotes-5-728.jpg

You are half right .
Its not an army like the ancient time .
With time warfare has changed . To destroy powerful countries , you eat them from within not outside .

Historical sample of terrorism on indian soil...
N the least we shall from the below is now not to succumb to pacifist approach....

Dr. Koenraad Elst in his article “Was There an Islamic Genocide of Hindus?” states:

“There is no official estimate of the total death toll of Hindus at the hands of Islam. A first glance at important testimonies by Muslim chroniclers suggests that, over 13 centuries and a territory as vast as the Subcontinent, Muslim Holy Warriors easily killed more Hindus than the 6 million of the Holocaust. Ferishtha lists several occasions when the Bahmani sultans in central India (1347-1528) killed a hundred thousand Hindus, which they set as a minimum goal whenever they felt like punishing the Hindus; and they were only a third-rank provincial dynasty.

The biggest slaughters took place during the raids of Mahmud Ghaznavi (ca. 1000 CE); during the actual conquest of North India by Mohammed Ghori and his lieutenants (1192 ff.); and under the Delhi Sultanate (1206-1526).”

“The Muslim conquests, down to the 16th century, were for the Hindus a pure struggle of life and death. Entire cities were burnt down and the populations massacred, with hundreds of thousands killed in every campaign, and similar numbers deported as slaves. Every new invader made (often literally) his hills of Hindus skulls. Thus, the conquest of Afghanistan in the year 1000 was followed by the annihilation of the Hindu population; the region is still called the Hindu Kush, i.e. Hindu slaughter.”

Will Durant argued in his 1935 book “The Story of Civilisation: Our Oriental Heritage” (page 459):

“The Mohammedan conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. The Islamic historians and scholars have recorded with great glee and pride the slaughters of Hindus, forced conversions, abduction of Hindu women and children to slave markets and the destruction of temples carried out by the warriors of Islam during 800 AD to 1700 AD. Millions of Hindus were converted to Islam by sword during this period.”

Francois Gautier in his book ‘Rewriting Indian History’ (1996) wrote:

“The massacres perpetuated by Muslims in India are unparalleled in history, bigger than the Holocaust of the Jews by the Nazis; or the massacre of the Armenians by the Turks; more extensive even than the slaughter of the South American native populations by the invading Spanish and Portuguese.”
Writer Fernand Braudel wrote in A History of Civilisations (1995), that Islamic rule in India as a

“colonial experiment” was “extremely violent”, and “the Muslims could not rule the country except by systematic terror. Cruelty was the norm – burnings, summary executions, crucifixions or impalements, inventive tortures. Hindu temples were destroyed to make way for mosques. On occasion there were forced conversions. If ever there were an uprising, it was instantly and savagely repressed: houses were burned, the countryside was laid waste, men were slaughtered and women were taken as slaves.”

Alain Danielou in his book, Histoire de l’ Inde writes:

“From the time Muslims started arriving, around 632 AD, the history of India becomes a long, monotonous series of murders, massacres, spoliations, and destructions. It is, as usual, in the name of ‘a holy war’ of their faith, of their sole God, that the barbarians have destroyed civilizations, wiped out entire races.”
Irfan Husain in his article “Demons from the Past” observes:

“While historical events should be judged in the context of their times, it cannot be denied that even in that bloody period of history, no mercy was shown to the Hindus unfortunate enough to be in the path of either the Arab conquerors of Sindh and south Punjab, or the Central Asians who swept in from Afghanistan…The Muslim heroes who figure larger than life in our history books committed some dreadful crimes. Mahmud of Ghazni, Qutb-ud-Din Aibak, Balban, Mohammed bin Qasim, and Sultan Mohammad Tughlak, all have blood-stained hands that the passage of years has not cleansed..Seen through Hindu eyes, the Muslim invasion of their homeland was an unmitigated disaster.

“Their temples were razed, their idols smashed, their women raped, their men killed or taken slaves. When Mahmud of Ghazni entered Somnath on one of his annual raids, he slaughtered all 50,000 inhabitants. Aibak killed and enslaved hundreds of thousands. The list of horrors is long and painful. These conquerors justified their deeds by claiming it was their religious duty to smite non-believers. Cloaking themselves in the banner of Islam, they claimed they were fighting for their faith when, in reality, they were indulging in straightforward slaughter and pillage…”
The Afghan ruler Mahmud al-Ghazni invaded India no less than seventeen times between 1001 – 1026 AD. The book ‘Tarikh-i-Yamini’ – written by his secretary documents several episodes of his bloody military campaigns :

“The blood of the infidels flowed so copiously [at the Indian city of Thanesar] that the stream was discoloured, notwithstanding its purity, and people were unable to drink it…the infidels deserted the fort and tried to cross the foaming river…but many of them were slain, taken or drowned… Nearly fifty thousand men were killed.”

In the contemporary record – ‘ Taj-ul-Ma’asir’ by Hassn Nizam-i-Naishapuri, it is stated that when Qutb-ul- Din Aibak (of Turko – Afghan origin and the First Sultan of Delhi 1194-1210 AD) conquered Meerat, he demolished all the Hindu temples of the city and erected mosques on their sites. In the city of Aligarh, he converted Hindu inhabitants to Islam by the sword and beheaded all those who adhered to their own religion.
The Persian historian Wassaf writes in his book ‘Tazjiyat-ul-Amsar wa Tajriyat ul Asar’ that when the Alaul-Din Khilji (An Afghan of Turkish origin and second ruler of the Khilji Dynasty in India 1295-1316 AD) captured the city of Kambayat at the head of the gulf of Cambay, he killed the adult male Hindu inhabitants for the glory of Islam, set flowing rivers of blood, sent the women of the country with all their gold, silver, and jewels, to his own home, and made about twentv thousand Hindu maidens his private slaves.
And Rizwan Salim (1997) writes what the Arab invaders really did:

‘ savages at a very low level of civilisation and no culture worth the name, from Arabia and West Asia, began entering India from the early century onwards. Islamic invaders demolished countless Hindu temples, shattered uncountable sculpture and idols, plundered innumerable forts and palaces of Hindu kings, killed vast numbers of Hindu men and carried off Hindu women. ………but many Indians do not seem to recognize that the alien Muslim marauders destroyed the historical evolution of the earth’s most mentally advanced civilisation, the most richly imaginative culture, and the most vigorously creative society.” (cited in Khan p 179)

Of course Indians pre-Islam, fought, but it was NOT the practice to enslave or ravage, or massacre, or destroy religious sites, or damage crops and farmers. Battles were usually conducted on open soil between military personnel. (Khan p 205-207) There was no concept of ‘booty’ so Indians were unprepared for Islam’s onslaught. Indigenous Indians were forced to flee to jungles and mountains, or face gruelling exploitation and taxes, slaughter or enslavement while their society was demeaned and destroyed. Muslims constantly attacked the indigenous, idolatrous population and also fought against each other in ceaseless revolts by generals, chiefs and princes during the entire time of Islamic rule (Khan p 205).

india-appreciation-arise-roby-3-638.jpg

Panditji, word of advice.

This is the wrong forum to be discussing about ancient India (remember what happened when you posted map of Akhand Bharat etc)

You seem to be interested about ancient world civilisations. There are many out there that have much better, non-biased and well informed members on the subject...so I would suggest those.

Ones like this: http://historum.com/

Over here you will just get the usual crowd saying things like Ancient "Pakistan" (like the word even existed before the 20th century)....so there is really not much point in such threads as you will be swamped by "facts" and "reasoning" any proper historian will struggle not to laugh at.
Thanks . Bookmarked as Favorite

Back
Top Bottom