What's new

Is Left leaning politics of Nawaz Sharif the reason for current political crisis

Psycho Pakistani

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
It seems like NS has discovered a new love for left leaning politics due to the former ppp stooges like pervez rasheed and rana sanaullah gathered around elder and younger sharifs. What they have forgotten during the discourse is the "reality" of pakistan's deep state which has leaning towards the right like any other army in the world. NS has miscalculated the situation and tried to go overhead with regards to the relations between india and pakistan while sidelining the powerful military in pakistan. Military currently does not have problem with having good relations with india but they want this to happen slowly and gradually and most importantly on equal terms. NS under the influence of lefties tried to reach out to india abruptly which has infuriated the military.
The second mistake off course was mishandling of the case of treason against Musharraf in which case I am hearing that the deal was to stop at some stage before conviction in the judicial trial and send him back to dubai but NS tried to play over-smart and wanted to get Musharraf convicted which was against the covert agreement with the military, I think this mistake was also under the misguidance of lefties like pervez rasheed. NS's stupidity of trying to act like a leftist is what has caused the current political turmoil in the form of PTI and PAT long marches which are being staged by establishment using their pawns like Sheikh rasheed and chaudhary brothers.

Last edited:
left leaning? lol what?

NS is pretty much a right winger (albeit a center right politician); all his actions, words and economic policies point to that.

I'm not sure if you're trolling or serious.

Establishment in our country is a sample of lunatic group, they have concentration only to release this thug Musharraf ignoring grave consequences for favouring political party and military. Here their superior-ism exposed badly.

Military should be under civilian government in its real meanings and people ought to leave thinking of mighty army but mighty system where COAS follows JCOSC and JCOSC under Minister of defense. What military wants or not but the tendency of scrambling on civilian government at the cost of ruining system is total pathetic devastating.

left leaning? lol what?

NS is pretty much a right winger (albeit a center right politician); all his actions, words and economic policies point to that.

I'm not sure if you're trolling or serious.

I am not trolling , having lived through 90s with conscious mind I definitely know when nawaz sharif was "centre right" politician in ideological terms (not economics which doesn't matter in pak politics anyway). If he was same right wing NS of 90s he would ban all vulgarity on paksitani tv channels which is a common sight these days, he even banned pop singers wearing tight jeans and with long hair in 90s that was called right wing politics. His politics these days is totally left wing politics ideologically. I think you don't have an idea of real "right wing" politics of IJI and PMLN of late 80s and 90s because you most probably have grown up in USA.

I am not trolling , having lived through 90s with conscious mind I definitely know when nawaz sharif was "centre right" politician in ideological terms (not economics which doesn't matter in pak politics anyway). If he was same right wing NS of 90s he would ban all vulgarity on paksitani tv channels which is a common sight these days, he even banned pop singers wearing tight jeans and with long hair in 90s that was called right wing politics. His politics these days is totally left wing politics ideologically. I think you don't have an idea of real "right wing" politics of IJI and PMLN of late 80s and 90s because you most probably have grown up in USA.
That's not politics you mentioned here, that's social views. If you want to talk about politics, do just that and talk about his policial policies. His attempt to privatize public corporations (like PIA), his attempt to lower subsidies and increase taxation across the board, his attempt to bring in foreign investment, these are all right wing practices.

Don't confuse social norms with political policies.

That's not politics you mentioned here, that's social views. If you want to talk about politics, do just that and talk about his policial policies. His attempt to privatize public corporations (like PIA), his attempt to lower subsidies and increase taxation across the board, his attempt to bring in foreign investment, these are all right wing practices.

Don't confuse social norms with political policies.

You have wrong idea about pakistani politics, the social ideology plays a bigger role compared to economic policies in pakistan. That is also the reason why these jokers like IK and TUQ are carrying out long marches eventhough economically this government is performing much much better than the last PPP government. In pakistan, the ideology of a ruling party has to align with the ideology pravelent within the military establishment of the day which in case of NS is not inline with the military these days and hence all the political problems for him. We have a deep state in this country which functions mysteriously and manifests like it is doing at the moment in the form of political troubles for NS , it is a signaling by the establishment to NS that they are not happy with his political and social agenda.

You have wrong idea about pakistani politics, the social ideology plays a bigger role compared to economic policies in pakistan. That is also the reason why these jokers like IK and TUQ are carrying out long marches eventhough economically this government is performing much much better than the last PPP government. In pakistan, the ideology of a ruling party has to align with the ideology pravelent within the military establishment of the day which in case of NS is not inline these days and hence all the political problems for him.
Except, IK and TuQ are holding what are essentially political rallies. I'm not saying politics and society have nothing to do with each other, rather, in this case we need to look at the policies NS, and not his stance on society. Remember, actions speak louder than words, and NS's actions have spoken clearly that he's right wing.

Except, IK and TuQ are holding what are essentially political rallies. I'm not saying politics and society have nothing to do with each other, rather, in this case we need to look at the policies NS, and not his stance on society. Remember, actions speak louder than words, and NS's actions have spoken clearly that he's right wing.

Right wing of USA is not the same as right wing of pakistan, also the political ideology is not restricted to society only , the most important aspect of it from military's point of view is how to approach foreign policy which in case of NS is not in line with that of military establishment with regards to nature of relations with india and how to proceed with the dialogue with india, NS is trying to bypass the military establishment and as a result establishment is maneuvering its old time tested pawns to put pressure on NS to come to terms with the thinking of the establishment with regards to the the foreign policy related to india. That is the bottom line and the main bone of contention between NS and establishment, lets see what happens in the next few days , it is getting interesting, pak politics is fun to observe in such situation and people take it as entertainment. I remembered how happy I was before 1999 coup when I realized that a coup against NS was in the making just few weeks prior to that coup and I celebrated it a lot , we are "tamashbeen" nation :cool:.

Back
Top Bottom