What's new

Is it true that Electricity in Kabul has been disrupted for days

when i was in Kabul back in 2012. we use generators 24/7 in our compounds, because electricity was only available 2 hours / day .

Well one of the merits of doing business in Kabul that Afghan delegations tout is the almost uninterruptible availability of electricity in Kabul due to the power grid constructed by India -- I understand this is not true as Winter snows set in.

@Sher Malang @A-Team -- heard reports that electricity in Kabul has been out for days. Is this true? Any explanation to what is going on?

All good over here, no issue with electricity as far as I know.

when i was in Kabul back in 2012. we use generators 24/7 in our compounds, because electricity was only available 2 hours / day .

Kabul havnt had any major issues with electricity since 2010, is almost 24 hours with exception an hour cut here and there.

Not sure which compound you lived in, but UN agencies and NGOs and for that matter international forces have lots of money through around, I would say that is more to do with the corruption in international organziations than Kabul having 2 hour electricity.

All good over here, no issue with electricity as far as I know.

Kabul havnt had any major issues with electricity since 2010, is almost 24 hours with exception an hour cut here and there.

Not sure which compound you lived in, but UN agencies and NGOs and for that matter international forces have lots of money through around, I would say that is more to do with the corruption in international organziations than Kabul having 2 hour electricity.

strange must be wrong chatter

I worked in Afghan B-Sim ( AWCC ) , i am pretty sure i was living in compound in a good area. And thats was the situation at that time.

There is hardly any electrical usage & Internet activity in Afghanistan, see the maps below

Map of internet usage varying with time of day
botnet-internet-map.gif

Satellite image showing the light pollution from space
ScreenHunter_117-Sep.-10-19.20.jpg

There is hardly any electrical usage & Internet activity in Afghanistan, see the maps below

Map of internet usage varying with time of day
botnet-internet-map.gif

Satellite image showing the light pollution from space
ScreenHunter_117-Sep.-10-19.20.jpg

let me guess what @A-Team will say: clearly it must be because Afghans are leaps and bounds ahead in environmental issues and thus don't cause light pollution

;-)

Electricity is all good here since 2011 only 8 hours of load shedding in 48 hours during harsh winter time and that too for the 2nd and 3rd catagory residential areas. This problem is going to end by 2017 since 1300MW will be included to Kabul electicity grid by then. The construction of power lines and towers from Kabul to Logar-Paktia is going well too.

I worked in Afghan B-Sim ( AWCC ) , i am pretty sure i was living in compound in a good area. And thats was the situation at that time.

Government can't offer uninterrupted power supply to private sector that's why many telecommunication companies, banks, NGOs etc.. use 24/7 power generators to keep their services active and working. The major problem with electricity in Kabul was ended at the end of 2009.

let me guess what @A-Team will say: clearly it must be because Afghans are leaps and bounds ahead in environmental issues and thus don't cause light pollution

;-)

Most of rural population use renewable energy sources.

Back
Top Bottom