What's new

Is it possible to modify current parliamentarian system in Pakistan?

jupiter2007

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

1) Restoring power of the President by going back to Semi-parliamentarian system or giving more power to president or some kind of power sharing formula between PM and President (PM & President can be from different party).

2) Selecting PM or President as a popular vote instead of selected by assembly.

1) Restoring power of the President by going back to Semi-parliamentarian system or giving more power to president or some kind of power sharing formula between PM and President (PM & President can be from different party).

Yup we need to pass a resolution from parliament, senate and after that President have to sign it and President will become Chief Executive of the country.

There is no way to modify the system till it is in the hands Corrupt.

Corrupt Politicians and Bureaucrats are capable of twisting any system and every law

Instead of modifying the Laws, First make ' Rule Of Law ' the foremost priority of Pakistan

The system is corrupt because people are corrupt. No matter the system corruption will remain at its core

What's the need for all this circus of 8th amendment again.

Again why?
PM selection is by MNAs , what's wrong in that.

The system is corrupt because people are corrupt. No matter the system corruption will remain at its core
Very generalized statement.

Technically The PM is what the President is in USA.

Both are directly elected. The President's role is more like monarch, For example The Queen of UK.

That's a toothless position a part from little role to play in unusual circumstances.

Kehne ko to sab kuch ho sakta hai but I think the highest stake holder of power must go to directly nominated person, you can call it President or Prime Minister it doesn't matter

PS: In my opinion if the power needs to go to President, there is no need to keep the Prime Minister

echnically The PM is what the President is in USA.

Both are directly elected.

Not both are directly elected.

Its MNAs who elect a PM and its people who directly elect a President. If you search on internet you will find that 80% mainstream democracies have presidential republic.

Parliament main job is to legislate not run the country.

Very generalized statement
No its not. I live in Norway and here system is not corrupt because people are not corrupt. There are no fake degrees, license, certification, milawat or other corruption which is a normal thing in Pakistan

No its not. I live in Norway and here system is not corrupt because people are not corrupt. There are no fake degrees, license, certification, milawat or other corruption which is a normal thing in Pakistan
Welcome to Pakistan.

Parliamentarian and President system both will become corrupt in Pakistan.

Pakistan need a new political system to fight the corruption, special modified system to meet it's need.

The present system is broken !

It promotes corruption from the deeper core and promotes corrupt elements for civilian mode of power.

It cannot be fixed as the people who get elected have $ and guns and goons to scare people to vote for them and once they come in power , making Millions off local contractual deals enhances their financial profile.

In order for Pakistan , a better system is need that depends on

• Core policy makers 30-50 people (of high educational credential and intellect) not people like Diesal
  • These people need to be of Impeccable Transparency

China employs such system (200-300 policy makers) and it made them superpower due to steady 10-40 year policy and vision

Pakistan's present system reminds me of Shadi hall , scramble where every one wants to fill their plat with maximum number of botis

Government Official's account / Asset need to be monitored by NAB for increase / decrease

I think Parliamentarian system is much better for Sub-continent countries. If a party doesn't win majority, you can always form a coalition and make a government, if a coalition breaks down you can always have premature elections.

But imagine a Presidential system where party A manages to get their President elected but party B controls the parliament like they have in US? It will be choas! Government will shut down on monthly basis because, I don't think it will be very practical since, our politicians are more immature than 10 year olds. Even US, a country that has been following this for a few centuries now still has government shutdowns. We just witnessed it in 2013. No chance for this system to function in out countries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_federal_government_shutdown_of_2013

Back
Top Bottom