What's new

Is it possible to construct bigger and higher (altitude wise) ski resorts than Malam Jabba and Naltar in Pakistan?

Corruptistan

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

We have been blessed with some of the most beautiful and obviously some of the tallest mountains on the planet.

Expanding the ski infrastructure within Pakistan could give rise to a booming domestic and foreign tourism sector. Of course always with respect for the nature, locals and done in a sustainable way.

KPK, Gilgit-Baltistan and Azad Kashmir are obviously prime prospects in this regard.

How many days under snow there?
Higher mountains are not always convinient for ski resorts due steap sloaps, avalanches, thin air and high infrastructure cost.
In europe most visited ones are on altitude between 1500 upto 3000 m.

How many days under snow there?
Higher mountains are not always convinient for ski resorts due steap sloaps, avalanches, thin air and high infrastructure cost.
In europe most visited ones are on altitude between 1500 upto 3000 m.

In those two particular ski resorts, which are the largest and most developed in Pakistan, mostly during the winter months only due to the relatively low elevation as none of those two ski resorts have an elevation higher than 3.000 meters.

That is the problem. Most of the highest elevations in Pakistan are isolated and mostly untouched by humans. Very harsh terrain, high elevation, lack of infrastructure etc. Snow cover at those mountains is mostly all year but doubtful how feasible actual ski resorts would be in such terrain.

Not to mention the temperatures and wind.

The think with Europe is that it is much colder during the winter than Pakistan so it is feasible to have tons of ski resorts that do not have a very high elevation unlike in Pakistan.

Anyway I am sure that something could be worked out in the 3.000-5.000 m range but I am not sure hence why I am making this thread.

As for mountains overall, this link below gives you a good overview of the tallest mountains in Pakistan. From K2 (8611 m and the world's second highest mountain) to smaller ones.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom