What's new

Is IPL good for Indian Cricket ?

Is IPL good for Indian Cricket

• Total voters

Creder

Reaction score
Note: poll is only for Indian members, since pakistanis will vote probably against IPL.. So to keep things fair and to give IPL a fair shot let's see what the Indians got to say

India has been struggling since this franchise began. Keeping nationalistic views aside, how many of you think there is a connection between the two ? Is IPL responsible for India's current cricket ratings.

I'm not a cricket expert but Nemesis mentioned that India's one day's and Test ratings have been pretty good.. So is IPL (if it is) affecting only India's T20 form ?

Cant see your poll, bro.

@Topic - I dont think IPL has yet had an impact on our Test and ODI form. We have been consistently amongst the top 3 in those formats for the last 3-4 years. If we are evaluating purely on the basis of T20s performance and the T20 WC in particular, then I think the problem here is the scheduling. The fact that IPL doesn't have a dedicated window to it means that players are rushed from IPL to the T20 WC. The same thing repeated itself last year as well.

Generally IPL has largely been good for Indian cricket in the short term. Indian players are exposed to international players and opposition albeit on Indian conditions. It has brought on the emergence of young cricketers like Ojha, Vinay Kumar and others. Though the Modi fiasco has cast a shadow on Indian cricket, I guess its not the fault of the game or the format but the men running it.

What I am apprehensive about is the future of Indian cricket. A young player developing through school and club levels now doesn't need to focus on his correct technique to make a name for himself. As long as a batsmen can clear the boundary and a bowler can bowl yorkers and slower ones they are assured of a financially secure future via the IPL. They dont need to spend time in the nets getting their stance or bowling actions right. And that will have an effect on the upcoming talent that will represent India in Tests. Tests for me are the real indicators of your cricketing stature. I cant see a Suresh Raina, Yusuf Pathan, Uthappa etc to last long in swing and pace friendly conditions. Heck, even Yuvraj has been a failure when it comes to Tests. And so we will get to know what has been the impact of IPL when the next generation of Indian cricketers take the field in Tests.

^ good analysis can you post some stats for ODI and tests ?

Jadeja didnt played in IPL lol. Dunno why selectors selected him, without any match practice.

IPL is good for india because some peoples think its a criteria for selection and they also think Aussies learnt cricket from IPL :rofl: - i have been reading funny comments recently where i can't stop laughing. Its like before IPL aussies or proteas never performed in Cricket and IPL is the source of their excellence in cricket

like Ajpirzada said - The problem with IPL is IPL has short boundaries....... and in international matches they have large boundaries. So when a batsmen hit for six in the small ground of IPL it goes for a six but when the same batsmen plays a same stroke in T20 International thats caught on the deep.

Next time India should keep their boundary sizes equal to international standards and try to improve the quality of IPL rather than adding more n more teams just for the sake of money

For now i would say IPL is a shame to cricket........... they must improve their quality to international matches otherwise you won't be getting any Kapil Dev out of this tournament

Well gents I for one think that the leagues have kinda destroyed cricket

It went down from tests to ODIs and now it seems like the cricket future belongs to T20

Well gents I for one think that the leagues have kinda destroyed cricket

It went down from tests to ODIs and now it seems like the cricket future belongs to T20

I think its all about getting your priorities right for the organizers. You want more revenue/money or the pleasure of watching good cricket. The IPL for me is simply taking the pleasure out of watching good cricket. Even if there's a good contest on, the innumerable commercials/logos leave a jarring note. I was rather sick of watching T20s for 3 months straight and I am dying to watch a good Test match.

Check out these links -
India has been the 3rd best performer in ODIs and the best performer in Tests (surprising) based on W/L record for the last 3 years.

ODIs
Team records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | Cricinfo.com

Tests
Team records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | Cricinfo.com

Then why did you lost to Australia B team when they toured India. They were suffering from injuries and were missing many important players. You lost the series didn't you. :azn:

IPL is a pathetic,stupid,nonsense and useless tournament with hasn't bring any good to Indian cricket or International cricket. It is a stupidity at its height.
:angry:

Then why did you lost to Australia B team when they toured India. They were suffering from injuries and were missing many important players. You lost the series didn't you. :azn:

I am sure you are mature enough to understand that stats dont lie. Why you bring up one series/game when I am talking about a period of 3 years is beyond my comprehension.

IPL is good breeding ground for youngsters who want to prove the merit,but its upto national selectors to pick those players and they fail on that.,selectors will only pick players from their states only.after this srikanth became chief national selector every team he picked will have at least one or two players from his state.so na blame on IPL

IPL is a pathetic,stupid,nonsense and useless tournament with hasn't bring any good to Indian cricket or International cricket. It is a stupidity at its height.
:angry:

I know whats the reason for u r comment not wish to comment about that.for us sports are for entertainment and IPL is best in that sector (as a sport and good entertainment).

Back
Top Bottom