What's new

Is F-16 still needed

Kaiser

Reaction score
Well I was just wondering is the F-16 still needed.I mean all of them will be phased out by 2010 so should have pakistan have gone for the more advanced f-35's.

Yes..... Because at the moment not much choices available so its good to have them in PAF inventry after all F-16 has a exelent record

Originally posted by Kaiser@Oct 22 2005, 09:53 PM
Well I was just wondering is the F-16 still needed.I mean all of them will be phased out by 2010 so should have pakistan have gone for the more advanced f-35's.
[post=1125]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes PAF does need F-16's as it already has the infrastruture in place for them and we already have trained pilots who know how to fly this jet the ACM of pakistan air force had already coated that if F-16 comes it comes as a bonus.
Basically F-16 is a stop gap air craft majority of PAF's fleet is made of old and nearly obselete air crafts such as F-7P A-5 and old mirages 3 and 5 except the mirages which have been given the ROSE upgrade and mearly 36 F-16 PAF fleet is quite old... so yes we do need a mix of new and old F-16's with JF-17 to support it... :rolleyes:

P.S dont even dream about JSF which is nearly impossiable to get Rafale or the EU-2000 maybe just maybe :drunk:

Back
Top Bottom