What's new

Is China still a developing nation or superpower

I posted the thread from xinhuanet. I wanted to have a serious debate on that point.

Everybody knows china is a powerful nation.
But as far as superpower is concerned there were only two real superpowers in world, USA and USSR.
They can fight effective war thousands and thousands kilometres away from their manland.

Can china do it? Defeating somebody in next door can be easy based on your numerological superiorty?

But defeating Iraq and afghanistan in few days by USA.....thats what is a superpower.

So while comparing China and america, our chinese and pakistani members convieniently forget that chinese have 150 000 000 (that a big number) people living below poverty line.

While when comparison comes between China and India, same chinese and pakistani members will talk about poverty in india. Such a hypocrites

@beijingwalker: define developing country

My opinion China is already a powerful nation will become superpower in decade or so.

12278.html

12278.html

12278.html

12278.html

12278.html

12278.html

12278.html

12278.html

China is a developing country and already a superpower.

When China reaches the level of US per capita gdp, it will be a behemoth with no match.

Superpower will be decided by which country has more support.... China aint got many friends (and not even one single major power). On the other hand india has alot support. Recent votings india beaten china handsdown.... That too 3 times i have seen recently.... A communist nation can't be superpower.... America won't let it happen. They investing their future on india and already started working on it.... China can be a lonely power.... China will be superpower of tiny spoiled brat nations....

My friend:

1) Pretty sure that a lonely superpower is much better than a popular slum dog.

2) when a superpower has money, it is very hard for it not to become popular: people will lick its boots to buy weapon, etc. Do you forget C-17 India bought?

My friend:

1) Pretty sure that a lonely superpower is much better than a popular slum dog.

2) when a superpower has money, it is very hard for it not to become popular: people will lick its boots to buy weapon, etc. Do you forget C-17 India bought?

Vietnam is lonely in south east asia too, they are communists, other countries dont trust them either. US, Japan just use them as a watch dog to contain china.

In total GDP China will surpass USA in a couple of years. And then their journey towards greater influence will continue. To be honest, China is already a regional super power. Also remember that capital is very fast moving from west towards east, and mostly into China. It is pretty apparent that with China's current development she will undoubtedly surpass USA (economically) in a couple of decades and become the worlds greatest economic powerhouse. The USA has wasted its chances of staying on the world scene by completely destroying its image (Iraq, Afghanistan and Vietnam). And by its nonsense overconsumption of precious materials. Thereis absolutely no way back for the USA, its glorious days are almost over.

Edit: why do some Indians think that she has better chances than China just because it is a democratic country? Is democracy the only road to economic success?

Hint --> China

In total GDP China will surpass USA in a couple of years. And then their journey towards greater influence will continue. To be honest, China is already a regional super power. Also remember that capital is very fast moving from west towards east, and mostly into China. It is pretty apparent that with China's current development she will undoubtedly surpass USA (economically) in a couple of decades and become the worlds greatest economic powerhouse. The USA has wasted its chances of staying on the world scene by completely destroying its image (Iraq, Afghanistan and Vietnam). And by its nonsense overconsumption of precious materials. Thereis absolutely no way back for the USA, its glorious days are almost over.

Edit: why do some Indians think that she has better chances than China just because it is a democratic country? Is democracy the only road to economic success?

Hint --> China

I dont think India is a democratic country,there is a lot mess in Indian politics and democratic countries dont blow up their top leaders into pieces.India's politics is very unique,different from any other known political systems.

Hint --> China

Friend, as I said, Somalia is a democratic country, too.

China is no where near a developed country. China is and will forever remain its developing status

And Total nominal GDP of China is at a half of USA, never surpass.

And Total nominal GDP of China is at a half of USA, never surpass.
Already more than half and gaining faster, check your facts.

China is no where near a developed country. China is and will forever remain its developing status
It's better to be forever developing, at least it's not declining like some other countries out there.

Back
Top Bottom