What's new

Is Boeing's New Submarine-Destroying Warplane a $35 Billion Bust?

As an investor, this is an interesting proposition: Certain contact of 117 planes by Pentagon and increasing defence budgets across Asia would make sure that I am guaranteed cash flows at Boeing's lower cost of capital. I would certainly examine the project in depth before taking a decision.

Last edited:
catchy heading.

plane's cost is $300 million

And 100s of such planes may add to the total in the subject line

Is Boeing's New Submarine-Destroying Warplane a $35 Billion Bust?

To answer the thread title, I don't think it is.

The P-8 is still a very young system and is undergoing the teething issues which are par the course these days. To write off what will probably be the only viable player in town (P-3 replacement) is very short term minded just as it is for those writing the F-35 off.

It needs to be able to internally carry and drop mini submarine sonar drones for a cost this much, IMO. MAD boom and sonobuoys are so common these days. Even China's Y-8 maritime patrol planes have these.

It needs to be able to internally carry and drop mini submarine sonar drones for a cost this much, IMO. MAD boom and sonobuoys are so common these days. Even China's Y-8 maritime patrol planes have these.

P-8I-1.jpg

You were not referring to sonobuoys, right? Rather, you meant miniature autonomous underwater vehicles?
Like SeaCat, but smaller.
UUAV conducts 7-hour mission - UPI.com
LMRS - AUVAC

Back
Top Bottom