What's new

Is artillery a safe option anymore?

PakShaheen79

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
There has been multiple videos shared by both Azerbaijan and Armenian MODs show casing drone strike against each other's artillery units. I am wondering, after watching these videos, how much air cover artillery units will require in a more intense clash e.g. Pakistan - India. It looks like Howitzers like guns are no longer a safe bet if enemy has potent drone force (let alone air force).

EjOtznxXcAA18ej.jpeg

Attachments

• EjOt2roXkAA7KiA.jpeg
    EjOt2roXkAA7KiA.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 43
  • EjOtwADX0AU5T4f.jpeg
    EjOtwADX0AU5T4f.jpeg
    138.9 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
There has been multiple videos shared by both Azerbaijan and Armenian MODs show casing drone strike against each other's artillery units. I am wondering, after watching these videos, how much air cover artillery units will require in a more intense clash e.g. Pakistan - India. It looks like Howitzers like guns are no longer a safe bet if enemy has potent drone force (let alone air force).

View attachment 675200

If your air-space isn't secured by AD systems that can adequately mitigate the threat coming from suicide, armed, long-range drones and air-craft then many of your assets will be exposed to precision munitions fire from said weapons.

Artillery is a safe option when the air-space above it is secured.

That's why I said in modern warfare the one who dominate EM-side of warfare, dominate the war.

And drones wont be that useful if you lose the control of EM, especially in the case of the ongoing Caucasians' war, since the drones they used are still the first-gen drones, need man-in-the-loop control and don't have group intelligence (which means you cannot send a swarm of them, they need to occupy different control channels), so once you cut off the communication or the C&C central, they are done.

Besides, China is the world leader in drone tech, and the largest manufacturer of drones, so you don't need to worry about drone or robot wars, China can supply our allies with unlimited amount of drones/robots if needed.

As for artilleries, they are still cheaper at deliver fire power comparing to drones, especially if you are the winning side, and nobody prevent you from using both artilleries and drones:

EPM-yjiU0AM0D6f.jpg

View attachment 675200
Simple solution start developing them new artillery rounds which travel 3 times more so that you can put artillery out of enemy's range and still can use it 😆

Turkey is ensuring that even the high school kids get involved in drones of all sorts....

In fact, Bayraktar, the manufacturers of TB2 and Akinji drones, run programs for 14 to 18 year olds on AI, robotics etc....

View attachment 675200
Static gun artillery will become increasingly more vulnerable on the battlefield. However, artillery will still be around for the foreseeable future.

Drones can't carry 48 rounds of high explosive ammo.

View attachment 675200
They never have been.
Fact is : nothing beats airforce. While not yet true for WW1, it is certainly true starting with WW2.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom