What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

I hope to see that, but I will believe it when I see it. Like I said, an an unmanned flatform it's actually feasible. China already has a maneuverable unmanned platform that travel at hypersonic speeds. The WZ-8

1683176075178.jpeg

article_64408767e47423_15246630.jpeg

Q-313 will fly as unmanned Aircraft on Iranian engine..The first country in the region who will have a unmanned stealth aircraft on indigenous engine flying..we just have to wait another 4 months for that event.

That would be a good boost for Iran's air force & aviation industry. Now they need some AWACS planes.

SU-30-SM2?

Last edited:
We all knew that Iran will only get an aircraft License from Russia if she purchases 50+ units of any model..so buying a large number of SU-35 and getting a license production of SU-xx makes sense..
what does not make sense to me is why the license is for SU-30. Does Iran need SU-30s also...What is the big difference between the two ...not very familiar with Russian birds..lol :what:

any way the report is from Turkish source ..bring the salt shaker..lol!

We all knew that Iran will only get an aircraft License from Russia if she purchases 50+ units of any model..so buying a large number of SU-35 and getting a license production of SU-xx makes sense..
what does not make sense to me is why the license is for SU-30. Does Iran need SU-30s also...What is the big difference between the two ...not very familiar with Russian birds..lol :what:

Su 30 is a two-seat fighter and a multirole fighter.
Its a good choice for iran.

These are rumors, stop believing everything on twitter by these so called twitter experts with "anonymous sources" or "Turkish source", what does Turkey even have to do with the Iranian air force replenishment and future purchases? Iran officials said Su-35

Years ago, fake news from Mike Pompeo and Trump claiming Iran is going to buy J-10C and Su-30 in a shopping spree
Weeks ago there were rumors of Su-27 with transfer of technology, backed by no credible source at all
Now we got "Turkish sources" (?) claiming Iran is going to have a factory of Su-30 like India

There isn't even need to use energy to debate on these rumors and already making like Iran has officially got Su-30 licenses and Su-27s + Su-35s

In the article i posted they said that SU-30-SM2 has the same engine as SU-35 and has some modernization include datalink/controll of "loyal wingman" - what would be interesting for Qaher313 drone/wingman.

There was 0% chance that Russia would give license production of their most advanced fighter (SU-35S).

A modernized and custom SU-30 license will revolutionize the Iranian airforce. Iran can then use it’s on subsystems, weapons, and eventually radar and continuously upgrade the platform.

This is basically the most logical outcome that could have been possible for Iran. Let’s see if it’s true.

There was 0% chance that Russia would give license production of their most advanced fighter (SU-35S).

A modernized and custom SU-30 license will revolutionize the Iranian airforce. Iran can then use it’s on subsystems, weapons, and eventually radar and continuously upgrade the platform.

This is basically the most logical outcome that could have been possible for Iran. Let’s see if it’s true.

Correct.

In the article i posted they said that SU-30-SM2 has the same engine as SU-35 and has some modernization include datalink/controll of "loyal wingman" - what would be interesting for Qaher313 drone/wingman.

You can customize the SU-30.

Chinese SU-30’s had technologies that not even Russian SU-30’s non export versions had. Russia literally developed new technologies just for China then China added their own as well/

It’s a highly customizable platform.

Future Iranian Airforce:
100-150 SU-30-IRI
24-72 SU-35S
24-48 Kowsar-2
24-36 F-14
X amount of F-313 unmanned jet

This will hold Iran over until we get our own medium to heavy fighter off the ground. But realistically that will take time (10 years at the current snail pace we are on)

Again I making assumptions since outside of a few press releases we have seen zero evidence of this happening.

You can customize the SU-30.

Chinese SU-30’s had technologies that not even Russian SU-30’s non export versions had. Russia literally developed new technologies just for China then China added their own as well/

It’s a highly customizable platform.

Future Iranian Airforce:
100-150 SU-30-IRI
24-72 SU-35S
24-48 Kowsar-2
24-36 F-14
X amount of F-313 unmanned jet

This will hold Iran over until we get our own medium to heavy fighter off the ground. But realistically that will take time (10 years at the current snail pace we are on)

Again I making assumptions since outside of a few press releases we have seen zero evidence of this happening.
Also add an AESA radar, and the "PESA bad AESA good" brought by some people is solved

Is Iran capable of making a strategic bomber pretty much like the Tu-22M or Tu-16 the way China did? It would be a massive platform to study on and implement any missile in it, for area denial, carrying Ghadir missile or a maybe future very long range cruise missile, also it could give Iran the ability to use and have a platform to deliver massive ordnance they claimed to have

How about an entire salt mines worth.... :rolleyes:

iStock_1390716775.638e2d5ea68b9.png

Sounds like babak taghvaees turkish cousin....:omghaha:

All joking aside tho`,one interesting possibility would be new build iranian production of the Su-30SM2 variant.This is intended to modernise the russian su30 fleet with the fitting of the Su-35 irbis-E radar and Al-41 engines.
The biggest difference is that the 2 man Su-30 is more of a multi role aircraft as opposed to the Su-35 which is intended more as an air superiority fighter.

Q-313 will fly as unmanned Aircraft on Iranian engine..The first country in the region who will have a unmanned stealth aircraft on indigenous engine flying..we just have to wait another 4 months for that event.
I'm baffled why anyone defends and thinks anything useful would come out of that pitiful Qaher thing, which according to an article i read (and i believe it, because it makes sense to anyone with a brain) seems to have been merely a giant embezzling scam by whoever built it and was in charge of it, and which brought only shame and embarassment on Iran. Imo the top brass of that company and whoever gave them the contract (probably connected all the way to the top) and worked on that thing with a straight face should have been rotting behind the bars already.

Especially when Iran already has the RQ-170 copies, wasn't that, and it's engine not been reverse engineered already? That is a far, far more competent base for a loyal wingman, it's got very good LO features, it has internal bays, and can be upscaled or downscaled as necessary, no?

Also has not Iran got their hands on the RQ-4 engine? Combining the two would get a very decent loyal wingman no?

Alas, it seems to me that whatever corrupt lot behind Qaher still try to pretend it's good for anything by supposedly making in a UCAV now. A complete waste of money and time when your country needs every dime to be spent of useful, competent and smart projects given the continuous threats and sabre rattling by the US and israelis. Is that not sabotage?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom