What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

People here don't know how to think too much.

I repeat my question that I have often asked here but without answer:

Why did you make a new F4 cell? Isn't it perhaps to modify the entry of the engines a little for a new engine that has been tested for at least 3,4,5 years?

Can the Iranian army authorities officially announce the start of construction of a new heavy fighter aircraft in 2020 without having an engine that goes in it?

Iran always gives us clues that they are more advanced than people here think

well that design have its own limitation , if you want to participate in a joint venture why not Su-57 or Su-75.
at least they are based on a proven concept, su-47 forward swept wing while beneficial at low speed very fast loose its advantage and loose to a more traditional looking wing as soon as you increase the speed
Yes it has its own challenges but not impossible. I remember, a website claimed a very low RCS for SU-47 and mentioned that it was because of the backward wings. Can't exactly remember the number but it was less than 0.5 m2. Speed doesn't really matter when you are trying to hide from enemy radars.

It can still be lowered as much as possible by stealth coating, reduction of its heat signature and a better radar etc.
Russia is not giving Iran D-30 or AL-41 tech. Both of you are way to optimistic. Iran would be lucky to get RD-33 level engine ToT.
Yeah, i thought the same. But it is worth trying, Russia dropped the plan because of its financial challenges.

Stupid Indian military planners should have used this opportunity and heavily invested in that plane. I guess Russia would not have refused their proposal, instead they made a 600-700 million dollar per year financial offer to Russian military industrial complex which angered Russian leaders.

Question is, do we really need a platform like that? If yes, why don't we invest in it already? Sukhoi company won't lose a chance like that, 5 bn $ would be a good start for TOT and mutual production. The D-30 is one of the most important engines developed by Soviet union. Imagine if we had its technology.

Yeah, i thought the same. But it is worth trying, Russia dropped the plan because of its financial challenges.

Russia dropped the plane because of its military industrial complex ineptitude. Russia’s war chest prior to war was 600B. If SU-57 was the savior of Russia’s Air Force Putin could easily allocate funds to buy 200 fighter jets. He didn’t.

Stupid Indian military planners should have used this opportunity and heavily invested in that plane.

They invested in SU-57 and Russia gave them NOTHING in terms of sensitive ToT. Then they asked for more funds then more delays. India eventually left.

Question is, do we really need a platform like that? If yes, why don't we invest in it already?

Yes we sorely need an interceptor. If we didn’t Iran wouldn’t be spending so much money keeping 50 year old F-14’s still flying.

The issue is complex. Iran has retired engineers living in the country that have worked in various western arms companies including on jet engines. Yet they don’t recruit them.

It seems this is a political will as much as technical challenge. But If NK can build multiple types of ICBMs, Iskander like missiles, long range nuclear torpedo drones on a SHOE STRING budget. Then surely Iran can develop a fighter jet.

IRGC and the military brass just do not believe in the philosophy of fighter jets. Even though Russian fighter jets literally stopped Syria from falling to ISIS and Al Queda. Iranian boots on the ground were not enough.

Sukhoi company won't lose a chance like that, 5 bn $ would be a good start for TOT and mutual production.

You could give them 20B. They won’t share their secrets without Putin’s approval. It’s much deeper issue than money. Russia is an energy supergiant, it makes money just breathing. You cannot entice them with a few billion, that’s chump change.

The D-30 is one of the most important engines developed by Soviet union. Imagine if we had its technology.

Yes and one of the most consistent. There are many older engine designs Russia could give the blueprints and ToT to iran, but they don’t.

Russia dropped the plane because of its military industrial complex ineptitude. Russia’s war chest prior to war was 600B. If SU-57 was the savior of Russia’s Air Force Putin could easily allocate funds to buy 200 fighter jets. He didn’t.

They invested in SU-57 and Russia gave them NOTHING in terms of sensitive ToT. Then they asked for more funds then more delays. India eventually left.

Yes we sorely need an interceptor. If we didn’t Iran wouldn’t be spending so much money keeping 50 year old F-14’s still flying.

The issue is complex. Iran has retired engineers living in the country that have worked in various western arms companies including on jet engines. Yet they don’t recruit them.

It seems this is a political will as much as technical challenge. But If NK can build multiple types of ICBMs, Iskander like missiles, long range nuclear torpedo drones on a SHOE STRING budget. Then surely Iran can develop a fighter jet.

IRGC and the military brass just do not believe in the philosophy of fighter jets. Even though Russian fighter jets literally stopped Syria from falling to ISIS and Al Queda. Iranian boots on the ground were not enough.

You could give them 20B. They won’t share their secrets without Putin’s approval. It’s much deeper issue than money. Russia is an energy supergiant, it makes money just breathing. You cannot entice them with a few billion, that’s chump change.

Yes and one of the most consistent. There are many older engine designs Russia could give the blueprints and ToT to iran, but they don’t.
I agree with most of your points. Byt don't you expect Russians to enable stupid Indians to have acces to their 5tg generation technology. Indians allowed Americans to study Russian submarine which was rented to them.

Indians know no limit in their stupidity. That was a serious backstabbing.

But anyways, it is Russians' achievement which is admirable. They developed D30 in 3 years which turned out to be one of the most reliable engines of Soviet. They have every right to not share them with anyone.

Iran will develop its own platforms in the future but for now, playing in Americans' field is wrong. Soviet collapsed since they invested all of their assets in military and forgot the civilian sector. Iran won't play jet VS jet game with west. They will win with no second thought.

Doesn't fly but unlike Qaher it's actually feasible & looks good. Atleast they're now planning on making Qaher into an unmanned UAV though. You know what's funny. I thought that they should do that before they announced it

I view the vid...and then i saw the front wheel suspension diving deep in. I dont think this "airplane" can land.

Edit:

for to compare

Last edited:
I view the vid...and then i saw the front wheel suspension diving deep in. I dont think this "airplane" can land.
I read somewhere they have spent over one billion dollars on this so far (3000 people work on it!)..and yet it taxied on American GE engine...which means they have to re-test and re-certify it again (more $$$) if and when their own domestic engine becomes reality..
I know it also uses foreign subsystems such as ejection seat..(may be landing gear you mentioned not sure)..

This aircraft is here because Turks were mad about F 35 cancellation..(remember Iranians were mad when Russia did not give S-300 and busted their butt and developed BAVAR AD). Was it wise to spend all that effort for a single aircraft..not my call! ..but Imagine if Iran had spent that kind of $$$ on our aviation..

Q-313 will fly as unmanned Aircraft on Iranian engine..The first country in the region who will have a unmanned stealth aircraft on indigenous engine flying..we just have to wait another 4 months for that event.

Q-313 will fly as unmanned Aircraft on Iranian engine..The first country in the region who will have a unmanned stealth aircraft on indigenous engine flying..we just have to wait another 4 months for that event.

Come on .... we hear these claims since years, so please forgive if no-one believes in such posts and again nothing will happen, not even in 40 months.

Well , when our gov doesn't have money to spend in public healthcare or pay it's debt on social security organizations, then we can't except any thing ....

Back
Top Bottom