What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

not good news at all
Why not?! Why is it when there is some good news for Iran, Iransetiz people like you crawl out of the wood work to rain on the parade. Explain yourself, Iransetiz!

not good news at all

hope one part of it remain rumor as it was the case for such news in last 20 years.
poutdated airplane that don't even have AESA radar and is as bad as F-14 on maintenance cost.

there is hope it come from unofficial unnamed source , AKA fanboys.
Think before typing! Realistically, is Iran likely to get spare parts or new upgrades on its F-14s from US or is it likely get that for potential Su-35 with Russia? Is there an alternative other than bending over and becoming a vassal to US...again?

You cant be this illogical.

Last edited:
Why not?! Why is it when there is some good news for Iran, Iransetiz people like you crawl out of the wood work to rain on the parade. Explain yourself, Iransetiz!
iransetiz are people who want to repeat the mistake of the past , the people who in every step belittle our achievement and think because the product is foreign made its better than what we can make ourselves. go and instead of dreaming of wasting our limited resource on outdated equipment which are fossils of an bygone era look at our capabilities. the airplane light all modern radars , have no modern radar, have no useful datalink , and only excel in metrics that don't matter anymore.

by the way that alone show who is iran setiz, people can decide me or the ones that become glad with such news
Think before typing! Realistically, is Iran likely to get spare parts or new upgrades on its F-14s from US or is it likely get that for potential Su-35 with Russia? Is there an alternative other than bending over and becoming a vassal to US...again?

You cant be this illogical.
think realistically , do Iran need spare for its F-14.
do we need outdated airplane like Su-35 that could not bring air superiority to russia in ukraine and no one in the world want. be assuured russia can't sell a single SU-35 to anybody anymore after its outdated specs compared to light/Medium fighters like J-10 and Grippen or F-16 and their hillarious performance over Ukraine
and you call such news good news , an expensive to buy , expensive to maintain, low performing in metric that matter , outdated airplane . that's how you can describe flankers the electronic inside the airplane is at least two generation old and those electronics are what really matter in new aircrafts

iransetiz are people who want to repeat the mistake of the past , the people who in every step belittle our achievement and think because the product is foreign made its better than what we can make ourselves. go and instead of dreaming of wasting our limited resource on outdated equipment which are fossils of an bygone era look at our capabilities. the airplane light all modern radars , have no modern radar, have no useful datalink , and only excel in metrics that don't matter anymore.

by the way that alone show who is iran setiz, people can decide me or the ones that become glad with such news
Oh the waffle machine has unleashed his ramblings. Here we go:

Use your brain! How can Iran reinvent the wheel when there is an ally who is happy to trade with us what we want? I suppose, to use your maghz pook logic, NATO is also weak because they rely on US weapon?! Yes the Su-35 is a million times better than what we can produce in the next 50-100 years. So what do you propose we do, sit and do nothing thus being weak in the face of our western enemy (you'd like that, wouldn't you, gharbzadeye Iransetiz)?

OR

Should we at least have a few modern, upgradable, aircraft to keep out airforce in some sort of shape until we can make out own?

You complain about us relying on foreign weapons, then you bring J10 and F16 as an example. So not only are you Iransetiz, you're also a hypocrite who contradicts himself. Maybe China and US dont want to sell to us for obvious reasons, then what choice do we have other than Russian?

Only one Su35 got shot down in Ukraine and Russia has air superiority, what's your point? Do you have realtime data of clashes between Su35 vs F16 vs j10 vs grippen...or did you pull that out of your arse? Your point is moot when all we can purchase is one of those.

In conclusion, Su-35 is the best we can buy now and it's disgraceful that gharbzade Iran setiz like you demand us to purchase western planes when we are under sanctions. This is how ahmagh you are!

Oh the waffle machine has unleashed his ramblings. Here we go:

Use your brain! How can Iran reinvent the wheel when there is an ally who is happy to trade with us what we want? I suppose, to use your maghz pook logic, NATO is also weak because they rely on US weapon?! Yes the Su-35 is a million times better than what we can produce in the next 50-100 years. So what do you propose we do, sit and do nothing thus being weak in the face of our western enemy (you'd like that, wouldn't you, gharbzadeye Iransetiz)?

OR

Should we at least have a few modern, upgradable, aircraft to keep out airforce in some sort of shape until we can make out own?

You complain about us relying on foreign weapons, then you bring J10 and F16 as an example. So not only are you Iransetiz, you're also a hypocrite who contradicts himself. Maybe China and US dont want to sell to us for obvious reasons, then what choice do we have other than Russian?

Only one Su35 got shot down in Ukraine and Russia has air superiority, what's your point? Do you have realtime data of clashes between Su35 vs F16 vs j10 vs grippen...or did you pull that out of your arse? Your point is moot when all we can purchase is one of those.

In conclusion, Su-35 is the best we can buy now and it's disgraceful that gharbzade Iran setiz like you demand us to purchase western planes when we are under sanctions. This is how ahmagh you are!
بی ادب .
خوب که توانستی تربیت خانوادگی خودت را به خوبی نشان بدی.
این شما وطن فروش ها هستید که همیشه جلوی توانایی های جوانهای کشور را گرفتید چون عاشق مارکهای غربی و شرقی هستید . تو حتی فرق تواناییهای رادار این پرنده ها را نمیدونی ولی میایی نظر میدی. در ضمن اگر به خودت زحمت میدادی و چند صفحه قبل را میخوندی میدیدی که ما در مورد توانایی این هواپیما حتی در برابر کوثر صحیت کردیم

البته میدونم برای یک وطن فروش تنها این مهم هست که بشنوه بجای یک تولید ملی از جنسهای 30 سال قبل شرقی و غربی استفاده شده.
آخر سر در مورد بحث غرب زده بودن. من به راحتی ده ها پست از تو میتونم بیارم که نشان میده چقدر از خرید اجناس از دور خارج شده روسی اظهار خوشحالی میکنی . تو اگر مردی یک پست بیار که من تبلیغ برای خرید یک جنس غربی بیار
در ضمن اگر روسیه دوست ما بود به تعهداتش عمل میکرد .

بی ادب .
خوب که توانستی تربیت خانوادگی خودت را به خوبی نشان بدی.
این شما وطن فروش ها هستید که همیشه جلوی توانایی های جوانهای کشور را گرفتید چون عاشق مارکهای غربی و شرقی هستید . تو حتی فرق تواناییهای رادار این پرنده ها را نمیدونی ولی میایی نظر میدی. در ضمن اگر به خودت زحمت میدادی و چند صفحه قبل را میخوندی میدیدی که ما در مورد توانایی این هواپیما حتی در برابر کوثر صحیت کردیم

البته میدونم برای یک وطن فروش تنها این مهم هست که بشنوه بجای یک تولید ملی از جنسهای 30 سال قبل شرقی و غربی استفاده شده.
آخر سر در مورد بحث غرب زده بودن. من به راحتی ده ها پست از تو میتونم بیارم که نشان میده چقدر از خرید اجناس از دور خارج شده روسی اظهار خوشحالی میکنی . تو اگر مردی یک پست بیار که من تبلیغ برای خرید یک جنس غربی بیار
در ضمن اگر روسیه دوست ما بود به تعهداتش عمل میکرد .
To ham ahmaghiyate nanato neshoon dadee be tamame memberhaye een site har vaghti ye pasokhi midee. Khak too saret.

Beharhal, to ye gharbzadaye vatan foroosh fekr mikoni be gharb koon dadan yejoorayee ma ba esteghlal mishim? To koja boodi in 60 saal e akheer? Mardom e Iran system e Liberal e gharbiro nemikhan...fagahad ye edeye kami gharbzadehaye kesafat mesle khaar ar ar mikonan.

In nazare faghad to hast ke Su-35 mesle Kowsar e, ke man arzesh e pokham roosh nemizaram. Ba's inja darbaraye tavanehaye Su-35 vs xyz havapeyma nist...man migam tanha rahi ke chandta havapaymaye jangi betoonim begirim Su-35 hast, past yani sobat e tavanayee nesbat be jangandehaye dige bedard e ammat mikhore.

Rasti, man harja delam mikhad nazar midam va to hagh nadaree begee koja mitoonam pasokh bedan. Ya javab midee ya na.

To hameen alan daree mesale F-16 o Grippen miyaree...yani daree migee yejoorayee ma bayad ba gharb nazdeektar besheem ke inaro begirim. Chon man bayeed midoonam to enghadr tork bashee ke entezar dashete bashee Iran 50-100 saal vayse ke che ye rooz shayad ye fighter jet e mashdi beterekoone...ta oon moghe Iran shode Arabestan. Chareye ma che hast? Kheyli bihaali, dadash.

Last edited:
Finally some actual good news.
Note, this can be read differently (albeit unlikely): Iranians are training Russians on Su 35 integration with Iranian drones...which if true is amazing too.

On this subject, what integration does Iran have between its drone and craft arsenals?

But how realistic are such „news“? IMO they are not …

Mehdi is a pretty reliable source. So there is some credence to what he says versus random Twitter guys.

That being said, I’ll believe it when I see it in regards to SU-35.

As for people saying J-10C would be a better fit. China isn’t going to give Iran anything worthwhile because it is close to Saudi Arabia and doesn’t want a geopolitical headache that is a major arms deal with Iran.

After Pelosi´s visit TW, everything is possible.

The better armed Iran, the more resources US must employ to deal with. And nowadays J10C is not the top nocht fighter of China fighters, it is not J16 or J20. It is still a bit behind F15QA and F2000 of RSAF, at least cinematically.

The better armed Iran, the more resources US must employ to deal with. And nowadays J10C is not the top nocht fighter of China fighters, it is not J16 or J20. It is still a bit behind F15QA and F2000 of RSAF, at least cinematically.

According to opponents of a Su-35 deal (minor in numbers) on here, kinetic energy counts for peanuts in modern air warfare.

Pelosi’s visit highlighted what I have been saying all along. US openly mocks One China Policy and all China does is some strongly worded diplomatic protests. Much like Israeli nukes, Taiwan being a pseudo Independent country is basically an open secret. All that we wait for is official recognition by the West.

China under Xi is very risk averse to any iota of confrontation. Some war games, some strongly worded protests, and some movement of military equipment. Basically what North Korea does every time US and South Korea make it angry.

As for fighter jets: J-20 is China’s air superiority fighter and will likely never be exported to anyone much less Iran.

J-35 is China’s version of F-35 and maybe exported to super friendly countries such as Pakistan. Iran unlikely.

J-10C and J-35 would be a boon to Iranian Air Force. But baring a complete reversal in Chinese philosophy and a massive increase in relations they are slim.

According to opponents of a Su-35 deal (minor in numbers) on here, kinetic energy counts for peanuts in modern air warfare.
when you brought me a fighter which is more agile than , a modern missile i believe you are right . its the electronic that count , not how maneuverable is your airplane
To ham ahmaghiyate nanato neshoon dadee be tamame memberhaye een site har vaghti ye pasokhi midee. Khak too saret.

Beharhal, to ye gharbzadaye vatan foroosh fekr mikoni be gharb koon dadan yejoorayee ma ba esteghlal mishim? To koja boodi in 60 saal e akheer? Mardom e Iran system e Liberal e gharbiro nemikhan...fagahad ye edeye kami gharbzadehaye kesafat mesle khaar ar ar mikonan.

In nazare faghad to hast ke Su-35 mesle Kowsar e, ke man arzesh e pokham roosh nemizaram. Ba's inja darbaraye tavanehaye Su-35 vs xyz havapeyma nist...man migam tanha rahi ke chandta havapaymaye jangi betoonim begirim Su-35 hast, past yani sobat e tavanayee nesbat be jangandehaye dige bedard e ammat mikhore.

Rasti, man harja delam mikhad nazar midam va to hagh nadaree begee koja mitoonam pasokh bedan. Ya javab midee ya na.

To hameen alan daree mesale F-16 o Grippen miyaree...yani daree migee yejoorayee ma bayad ba gharb nazdeektar besheem ke inaro begirim. Chon man bayeed midoonam to enghadr tork bashee ke entezar dashete bashee Iran 50-100 saal vayse ke che ye rooz shayad ye fighter jet e mashdi beterekoone...ta oon moghe Iran shode Arabestan. Chareye ma che hast? Kheyli bihaali, dadash.
in fact kowsar can do things that Su-35 can't for example it has data-link .
by the way show me a country that didn't cancel its SU-35 order, even Russia itself don't order it anymore

and as I said وطن فروش بی ادب که فکر میکنی چون خارجی هست بهتر هست

when you brought me a fighter which is more agile than , a modern missile i believe you are right . its the electronic that count , not how maneuverable is your airplane

Because 20 years ago fighter jets used to be more agile than air to air missiles perhaps? Also kinematics do not only boil down to maneuverability, do they? Then there's also range, payload and a host of other criteria.

But let me put it this way: I trust PeeD's assessment, because this is the area of competence he specializes (and possibly works) in, and to me his expertise is quite unparalleled among forum users in addition to having proven correct oftentimes in the past.

So unless the world of combat aviation has experienced a complete revolution over the past one or two years since PeeD last commented on the topic, or unless some other major development in or around Iran rendered previous assessments obsolete, for me personally his statement will still stand. I know for a fact that whatever objection users may come up with, he was aware of and had taken them into account when he opined that three or four twelver squadrons of Su-30 or Su-35 would qualify as an acceptable investment for the IRIAF.

And this is an analyst who has been most outspoken against wasting money on armament imports, who consistently placed faith in domestic capabilities even at times when few observers would have been as confident. This is why no counter-argument may convince me for the time being.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom