What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Sorry I didn’t look this up at all but your telling me China Russia Japan and Korea don’t have the technology to build refueling truck for airplanes kudos for being self sufficient like all Muslim countries should I just don’t see it credible.

In economics we have a term for this. It is not that they cannot build, it’s that they choose not to build since a country they trade with can build it at a cheaper cost or more efficiently. I’m sure China can build and maybe does and this individual is mistaken or the quote is being taken too literally.

The fact is it doesn’t make economic sense to build EVERYTHING in-house. Unless like Iran you are sanctioned into oblivion and are forced too since the black market of procuring such goods is too expensive to be sustainable.

I believe it.
You wrote an article for what? Please share, would love to see that.
Here you go. Fair warning, it's a bit of a long read (by my blog's standards).

Do let me know if I missed anything.

The Su-35 deal has already been cancelled.

1695582346654.png

View attachment 955859
Stop making Babak "The Bipolar" Taghvaee speculations pass as facts

Sure i will believe someone that claimed the Yak-130 deliveries were all fake and forced so much until he admitted he was wrong, made numerous false speculations in the past and also claimed that Iran was going to bomb random civilians in Zahedan using Su-22s, and deleting most of his tweets afterwards

Using his knowledge of the subject to pass his own views and speculations which a lot were ridiculous and proved to be false, he has knowledge but is also bipolar and needs to seek for mental help and locked inside a box for his own security.

It is even a possibility that his speculations comes from voices he hears due to his mental issues telling him everything he posts on his speculations.

View attachment 955859
Babak Taghvaee is an attention seeker who says these things to try and keep himself relevant.

This article is from July. Just this month we saw videos of Yak-130s which have been delivered by the Russia that Taghvaee is saying Iran does not trust to buy aircraft from.

In that case, Taghvaee said the images and videos were fake, only to U-turn and acknowledge they were real a few hours later.

Babak Taghvaee is an attention seeker who says these things to try and keep himself relevant.

This article is from July. Just this month we saw videos of Yak-130s which have been delivered by the Russia that Taghvaee is saying Iran does not trust to buy aircraft from.

In that case, Taghvaee said the images and videos were fake, only to U-turn and acknowledge they were real a few hours later.

It should be noted, we got 2 YAK-130’s. Still no confirmation of more being delivered since those initial two.

At this point one wonders if Iran is merely testing the trainer out for its fleet and hasn’t committed to a [full scale] order.

It should be noted, we got 2 YAK-130’s. Still no confirmation of more being delivered since those initial two.

At this point one wonders if Iran is merely testing the trainer out for its fleet and hasn’t committed to a [full scale] order.

View attachment 955859
It has no sense.

IRIAF discard the Su35SE because they didn´t sell all integrated logistic support required for 30 years... but they finally purchased Yak130?¿?.

So that means russians sold ILS for 30 years for the Yak?, but not for the Su35?.

Why would IRIAF buy and advanced LIFT trainer if there is no Su35 or advanced fighter for operating?.

Why would IRIAF buy and advanced LIFT trainer if there is no Su35 or advanced fighter for operating?.

2 jets aren’t an “order”. Iran also tested out <10 T-90’s in Syria during the war. Does that mean Iran bought T-90’s? No.

The whole Yak-130 is bizarre. We find out because of some leaks. No major announcements. No fanfare. No event. Nothing. Even after the leaks it was confirmed in a very low level way.

The answer will become clear by the end of Dec. If more Yak-130 were purchased, then they should show up in next 3 months. If they don’t, then more questions will be raised.

2 jets aren’t an “order”. Iran also tested out <10 T-90’s in Syria during the war. Does that mean Iran bought T-90’s? No.

The whole Yak-130 is bizarre. We find out because of some leaks. No major announcements. No fanfare. No event. Nothing. Even after the leaks it was confirmed in a very low level way.

The answer will become clear by the end of Dec. If more Yak-130 were purchased, then they should show up in next 3 months. If they don’t, then more questions will be raised.
For sure the order must be a dozen or two dozen of Yak-130.

Rosoboronexport probably delivered just the two first units. Nobody buys just 2 LIFT jets...

Moreover if you check TARMAC of Isfahan you will see 12 newly built environmental shelters probably for new jets.
https://www.google.com/maps/@32.6226842,51.6843983,143m/data=!3m1!1e3?entry=ttu
https://www.google.com/maps/@32.6226842,51.6843983,143m/data=!3m1!1e3?entry=ttu

And AmirPatriot is right, Taghvaee just told that was the pictures were fake.

Lastly, the last news we had of semi-official websites were that the deal was not cancelled.

So my 2 cents for Su35 still.

Rosoboronexport probably delivered just the two first units. Nobody buys just 2 LIFT jets...

You do realize you can test arms right? Iran could merely have asked for 2 YAK-130’s to test and see if they like it or Russia could have even offered Iran the planes to test. This is nothing new in large arms purchases.

As I said before, Iran did it in Syria. Russia delivered T-90s and Iran tested them with their proxies and IRGC advisors and were impressed. Months later that lead to announcement of intent to purchase, but then domestic politics got into the way that Iran would purchase tanks from abroad vs build themselves. Which then lead to retraction of intent and short while after that the Karrar project was announced - a tank based on T-90.

The delivery color scheme is bizarre when compared to other countries

Vietnam delivery
1695667534780.jpeg

Algeria delivery

1695667558378.jpeg

Iran delivery

1695667804523.jpeg

And AmirPatriot is right, Taghvaee just told that was the pictures were fake.

I never said he wasn’t right. I was talking about Yak-130 purchase not SU-35s

Lastly, the last news we had of semi-official websites were that the deal was not cancelled.

Latest news we have is it will be delivered when the powers that be achieve it.

I believe Shoigu visiting Iran was a big factor in arms talks. Shoigu recently visited NK, before Kim Jong Un went to Russia to discuss arms deals.

So it remains to be seen what message Shoigu brought with him with regards to what Russia is willingly to sell to Iran.

Was hoping to see UCAV Qaher by now and what they have done with the project. Maybe a few more months.

@Deino
did you notice anything about the tail numbers of IRIAF Yak-130 ies?
In fact no, but Iran's serial number system is not really my main focus. care to explain what's strange?

The delivery color scheme is bizarre when compared to other countries
View attachment 956014

Well, the colour scheme depends on the customer's request and a jet trainer assigned to a training unit or flight academy does not need to carry toned down or even camouflaged livery. For example there is one still mysterious L-15 - allegedly for the UAE - that is similar:

L-15U1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom