What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

@yavar @AmirPatriot @SOHEIL @iranianmembers

Watch 0:48 and forward. Video over Deir Ezzor, Syria. It seems to me F-15 or F-14.
Are there iranian F-14 in Syria??

NO Iranian F-14's in Syria! F-14 are primarily an Air Superiority fighters!!!!! So what would Iran need F-14's in Syria?
It could be an Iranian Saegheh but why would Iran do that? Russia has it's air force their, Iran Has UAV's there,...
If it was Air Strikes over Mosul I would say it could be an Iranian Saegheh but from that image you can't really see anything for all I know it's an Israeli showing off it's F-35! (That's a Joke BTW)

NO Iranian F-14's in Syria! F-14 are primarily an Air Superiority fighters!!!!! So what would Iran need F-14's in Syria?
It could be an Iranian Saegheh but why would Iran do that? Russia has it's air force their, Iran Has UAV's there,...
If it was Air Strikes over Mosul I would say it could be an Iranian Saegheh but from that image you can't really see anything for all I know it's an Israeli showing off it's F-35! (That's a Joke BTW)

There's an open front in Deir Ezzor, with "coalition" aircrafts attacking SAA and allies troops.
It has a lot of sense sending air superiority aircraft to that region, to stop this back stab attacks. Either russian aircrfats or sirian or iranian.
It's curious there are no news of coalition attacks on SAA troops in Deir Ezzor for some time, even attacks on the yihadists in the region. "Strange"...

By the way, the longer time passes, the more it seems to me it's an "strange" aircraft.
It seems F-15 or F-14, but watching F-15 in youtube it sounds different. F-15 engines sound different.

I have lot of dudes with this.

I think Tomcat has ground attack capabilities ...

They are pretty limited, at least in Iran's F-14s. I don't think they have the targeting equipment to fire precision guided weapons, unlike the American versions. Iran's always used the F-4, F-5, Su-24 etc. fleet for ground attack.

There's an open front in Deir Ezzor, with "coalition" aircrafts attacking SAA and allies troops.
It has a lot of sense sending air superiority aircraft to that region, to stop this back stab attacks. Either russian aircrfats or sirian or iranian.
It's curious there are no news of coalition attacks on SAA troops in Deir Ezzor for some time, even attacks on the yihadists in the region. "Strange"...

By the way, the longer time passes, the more it seems to me it's an "strange" aircraft.
It seems F-15 or F-14, but watching F-15 in youtube it sounds different. F-15 engines sound different.

I have lot of dudes with this.
58nOX.jpg

It's a MIG-29 for sure, and you are seeing it from this angle:
mig-29-fulcrum.jpg

It's carrying external fuel tanks or bombs:
1709073.jpg

Broad wing shape and shiny rear engine cowls all point to an F-15.

1_mcdonnell_douglas_f-15_eagle-thumb.jpg
Now that you pointed to the shiny engines of F-15, then I'm more sure it's not F-15, also wing and their edge completly matches Mig29 and not F-15.

Now that you pointed to the shiny engines of F-15, then I'm more sure it's not F-15, also wing and their edge completly matches Mig29 and not F-15.
The MiG-29 and F-15 have very similar wing shapes, its just that the F-15 has a larger wing and overall fuselage.

They do BUY they are primarily an Air Superiority Aircraft this is not the type of Aircraft Iran would use against ISIS.

F-14's have an extremely high maintenance requirements too so this is not an Aircraft Iran can easily land at a Syrian Air Base!

Iran has troop & artillery on the ground with armed UAV's in the sky & they can call in Russian Air strikes when needed! And if Iran was going to take a fighter to Syria it would be one of it's Russian made aircrafts that would be able to get service on the ground!

IRIAF F-14 3-6039 in old camo! Probably the last one operational to do so! This very aircraft shot down an Iraqi Mirage F1EQ almost 150 km away on the 20th of February 1987 with an AIM-54 Pheonix.

Photos taken from Esfahan TAB-8:

19124_1486181421.jpg

4207755.jpg

I wonder, is it possible this F-14 was recently overhauled and brought back into service? That would mean it has been brought back into the air after over 20 years of inactivity!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom