What's new

Iraq car bombs kill at least 50

Doritos11

Reaction score
Country
Iraq
A series of car bombs in mainly Shia areas of Baghdad have killed at least 50 people and wounded more than 140, police and medical sources said.

Nine separate explosions on Saturday targeted markets and busy shopping streets, the sources said. The bombings, which appeared co-ordinated, were similar to attacks in Baghdad on Tuesday in which 50 were killed.

Attacks have multiplied in Iraq since the start of the year, with more than 1,000 people killed in July, the highest monthly death toll since 2008, according to the UN.

Sunni Islamist militants have been regaining momentum in their insurgency against the Shia-led government and have been emboldened by the civil war in neighbouring Syria, which has stoked sectarian tensions across the Middle East.

Police said the deadliest of Saturday's attacks took place when a car bomb exploded shortly before sunset near an outdoor market in the south-eastern Baghdad suburb of Jisr Diyala, killing seven people and wounding 20.

A series of car bomb attacks against cafes, markets and restaurants in Shia areas of the capital killed another 33 people and wounded dozens.

Outside Baghdad, a suicide bomber detonated a bomb in a car on a busy street in the town of Tuz Khurmato, 105 miles north of the capital, killing at least 10 people and wounding 45, medical and police sources said.

Tuz Khurmato is located in a particularly violent region over which both the central government and autonomous Iraqi Kurdistan claim jurisdiction.

Police believe the bomber was trying to reach the local headquarters of a Kurdish political party but was unable to reach the building because of increased security in the area, a police source said.
----------------

More proof that they target civillians.

RIP to victims.

You had any doubts about that? Targeting civilians is not a side effect of their 'fight', it's their duty, ideology and agenda.

No, other members on PDF, some jihadist, the guy with the username : Jihad.

@Doritos11 i didnt thank ur post ... why bcoz? its an insult to the Iraqi people... although sadam supported terrorism in my country... i feel sad for Iraq.. ur facing the same problem we are... ur country,ur culture reminds me of my country... minus the american invasion... the only difference is u got invaded and than the terrorism started... and we joined WOT n sh!t started happenin in my country...

On topic Innalilahe wa inna ilehey rajeoon.

A well wisher from Pakistan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom