What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

Some random facts:
It appears that most (about 3/4) of our drones are operated by IRGC. Karrar and Shahed-129 are not designed for army at all.
The numbers are also interesting.

There were at least 400 Mohajer-2 and Ababil produced as of 2004-5. But only 40-50 Mohajer-4, which was our first medium range UAV.

There has been a project called Mohajer-4B that should have been finished by 2005. I think that it is the version with a different engine. I don't remember the designation but it could produce 50hp. This new engine was more efficient and probably is the reason we have two different values for the endurance of Mohajer-4.

There is a Mohajer-2 with improved range (100 km). Designation unknown.

Oddly enough, Venezuela chose Mohajer-2 over the more sophisticated, more capable Mohajer-4. This could be because of the price (Look at the difference between numbers of Mohajer-2 and 4 in our service) and the fact that Venezuela wants to manufacture the drones itself. They chose the simpler one so they'll be able to progress in the field before going for something more advanced.

At least, some of the engines for these UAVs are produced by PANHA. I know. It is rather unusual for a Helicopter support and overhaul company to produce piston engines but maybe PANHA is going to diversify its area of service.

Karrar comes in two versions. A high speed target drone (which was used to test Raad) and an unmanned strike aircraft. The most challenging part of the project was to design an autopilot system for the aircraft. Funny part is that this system can be used in a land attack cruise missile. Karrar itself, can theoretically be converted into a cruise missile with the range of 800km.

It is almost certain that Karrar uses Tolue-5. Because the lifetime of Tolue-4 is only 20 hours. While it is more than enough for an anti-ship missile, it is too low for a USV.

There is/was a Mohajer-5 project. Maybe the result was one of those new drones we saw in summer. Probably the one with two variants (skid/landing gear). Only 5% of it's development was finished as of 2005.

We have a small turbofan engine program for UAVs. My own assumption is that it is somehow related to Sofreh Mahi.

Most of the engines for these UAVs are produced by SAHA, electronic systems by SAIRAN, cameras by Shiraz Optic Industries and fuselage and the final assembly are done by Qods Aerospace Industries. But there are some exceptions: Ababil was assembled in HESA. Shahed-129 was reverse engineered by Shahed Research Group (Again something unusual, given that it is the helicopter research wing of IRGC) and as I said, some of the engines are made by PANHA.

Some random facts:
It appears that most (about 3/4) of our drones are operated by IRGC. Karrar and Shahed-129 are not designed for army at all.
The numbers are also interesting.

There were at least 400 Mohajer-2 and Ababil produced as of 2004-5. But only 40-50 Mohajer-4, which was our first medium range UAV.

There has been a project called Mohajer-4B that should have been finished by 2005. I think that it is the version with a different engine. I don't remember the designation but it could produce 50hp. This new engine was more efficient and probably is the reason we have two different values for the endurance of Mohajer-4.

There is a Mohajer-2 with improved range (100 km). Designation unknown.

Oddly enough, Venezuela chose Mohajer-2 over the more sophisticated, more capable Mohajer-4. This could be because of the price (Look at the difference between numbers of Mohajer-2 and 4 in our service) and the fact that Venezuela wants to manufacture the drones itself. They chose the simpler one so they'll be able to progress in the field before going for something more advanced.

At least, some of the engines for these UAVs are produced by PANHA. I know. It is rather unusual for a Helicopter support and overhaul company to produce piston engines but maybe PANHA is going to diversify its area of service.

Karrar comes in two versions. A high speed target drone (which was used to test Raad) and an unmanned strike aircraft. The most challenging part of the project was to design an autopilot system for the aircraft. Funny part is that this system can be used in a land attack cruise missile. Karrar itself, can theoretically be converted into a cruise missile with the range of 800km.

It is almost certain that Karrar uses Tolue-5. Because the lifetime of Tolue-4 is only 20 hours. While it is more than enough for an anti-ship missile, it is too low for a USV.

There is/was a Mohajer-5 project. Maybe the result was one of those new drones we saw in summer. Probably the one with two variants (skid/landing gear). Only 5% of it's development was finished as of 2005.

We have a small turbofan engine program for UAVs. My own assumption is that it is somehow related to Sofreh Mahi.

Most of the engines for these UAVs are produced by SAHA, electronic systems by SAIRAN, cameras by Shiraz Optic Industries and fuselage and the final assembly are done by Qods Aerospace Industries. But there are some exceptions: Ababil was assembled in HESA. Shahed-129 was reverse engineered by Shahed Research Group (Again something unusual, given that it is the helicopter research wing of IRGC) and as I said, some of the engines are made by PANHA.

Thanks for the post. I have a few questions:
1. Why is Iranian best drone (Shahed) not in the line of the older versions. It is from a totally new company.
2. Is there any problem making the engine components in Iran? Is it 100% indigenous?
3. How is Sofreh Mahi going on? What is your estimate year for that? Other countries have similar projects like NEURON in EU or Israel or Indian versions. It is not easy, you know.

_DSC0066.jpg

800px-SofrehMahi.PNG

Haha, are you guys serious? My local toy shop has better looking models. Okey, making models is one thing, but you guys can't even make aerodynamic and good looking models, how are you Iranians going to make these planes? I find this thread very funny. Sorry.

_DSC0066.jpg

800px-SofrehMahi.PNG

Haha, are you guys serious? My local toy shop has better looking models. Okey, making models is one thing, but you guys can't even make aerodynamic and good looking models, how are you Iranians going to make these planes? I find this thread very funny. Sorry.

Don't troll please . Your golden history in trolling needs to be awarded by Mods .

I respect most of the Turk brothers here like TurAr and have no problem with them but some people like you and OT are mentally ill and complex , your problem is mostly lack of emotion and unfortunately your Inner Child has not grown and suffers a hard pain . I can imagine you having nightmare and waking up at midnights , screaming , crying , even medicines don't work like past . I understand you cos I've had a friend like you . can feel your pain which comes from childhood . but my friend here is not an appropriate place to alleviate your pain . why don't you travel ? go to somewhere connected to the nature and peace , It'll help you find your inner child and forget your hard childhood .

Thanks for the post. I have a few questions:
1. Why is Iranian best drone (Shahed) not in the line of the older versions. It is from a totally new company.
2. Is there any problem making the engine components in Iran? Is it 100% indigenous?
3. How is Sofreh Mahi going on? What is your estimate year for that? Other countries have similar projects like NEURON in EU or Israel or Indian versions. It is not easy, you know.

1: I think because IRGC was the only organization that was interested in the downed Hermes-450/Watchkeeper so the drone should have been reverse engineered in a solely IRGC-related facility not a shared one like Qods. In the other hand, it can be because Qods have had enough projects of its own.

2:From what I have heard, the first engines were imported. Only after tightening of sanctions, we had to go for homemade engines. You must note that piston engines, unlike turbine ones, are not very hard things to make. But making a good-quality engine with low price is the main challenge. Another problem is that you need to make a huge, expensive infrastructure in order to make a product like this. An Iranian-made engine may only be 50% more expensive than a German one by itself, but counting the price of infrastructure, it may be 1000%.

So I am sure that if we could buy some of the parts from abroad, we'll proceed. But if we couldn't, we try to make it in home.
The picture below is taken from SAHA's pavilion in Kish Airshow and can give us a good guess about the parts produced locally:
IRIB-TV1_12_11_2012_19_08_58_3.jpg

3:As you said, developing a stealth drone is not a work to be done in a day and I doubt we'd see it operational anytime sooner than 2030. This includes the needed research about engines, stealth coatings, electronic devices and the time needed to make and orbit some communication satellites necessary for making Sofreh Mahi a real UCAV instead of a USV like Karrar.
Take note that we may not hear anything from the project till its completion. A glass mockup of Karrar was shown in 2003 and only seven years later, we saw its test flight and glimpses of a production facility. Unfortunately, that's the way of real military projects in Iran.

Hope this helps.

دوستان ایرانی سلام .

چند دقیقه قبل یه برنامه در خصوص
RQ-170
از شبکه ی 1 پخش شد که جالب بود . کسی دیده ؟

در ضمن کجا میشه این برنامه رو کامل دانلود کرد ؟

من کامل ندیدم ولی ارزش دیدن رو داره .

Mohajer-1: Probably the first combat drone in the world.

Mohajer_Jang_15.JPG

Mohajer_Jang_14.JPG

Observing the American warships
Mohajer_Rasad_01.JPG

Mohajer_Rasad_02.JPG

Mohajer_Rasad_03.JPG

Mohajer_Rasad_04.JPG

Mohajer_Rasad_05.JPG

And also the French
http://gallery.military.ir/albums/userpics/10248/Mohajer_Rasad_06.JPG
http://gallery.military.ir/albums/userpics/10248/Mohajer_Rasad_07.JPG

Sayeh UAV, familiar :D?

http://gallery.military.ir/albums/userpics/10248/Mohajer_Saieh_08.JPG

The central line is that of Sayeh:

http://gallery.military.ir/albums/userpics/10248/Mohajer_Saieh_09.JPG
http://gallery.military.ir/albums/userpics/10248/Mohajer_Saieh_10.JPG

Tell us what is going on with RQ 170 drone of america.

I had heard that it had a very advanced stealth tech of america.

When can we expect Irani copy of this drone?

Tell us what is going on with RQ 170 drone of america.

I had heard that it had a very advanced stealth tech of america.

When can we expect Irani copy of this drone?
well,they are going to unveil the first Iranian stleath drone with AtoA capabilities just within 63 days.as an official claimed that drone will leave world in shock.

there are some pics of the sofre mahi in action! can u put dem here?

there are some pics of the sofre mahi in action! can u put dem here?

Back
Top Bottom