What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

1997 USAF paper describes a hypothetical Iranian UAV attack.

spoiler alert ⚠ Iranian drone punched a hole in Pac-3 radars :enjoy:

View attachment 780768

Seems like they understand our strategy well :)

Although the idea remains the same after the years, the weapons from 1990s to 2020 have drastically changed on both sides, but same idea applies. Take out the radars, and exploit the gap.

Seems like they understand our strategy well :)

Although the idea remains the same after the years, the weapons from 1990s to 2020 have drastically changed on both sides, but same idea applies. Take out the radars, and exploit the gap.
agreed, that is what I said to our Turkish and Pakistani friends mouths ago that in a event of war (with Iran or not) Iran we will take out The radars first.

Last edited:
204C1E17-853F-4DB0-9948-F400E791B8C3_w408_r1_s.jpg

Any updates, news?

204C1E17-853F-4DB0-9948-F400E791B8C3_w408_r1_s.jpg

Any updates, news?

All I know from 2016 about this UGEV, akranoplan drone

به گزارش فارس، نشریه انگلیسی «جینز دیفنس» در گزارشی پیرامون «تلاش صنایع دفاعی ایران در ساخت جنگ افزارهای نظامی» نوشت: ایران در حال ساخت و توسعه اولین «آکرانوپلان» بدون سرنشین جهان (UGEV) است که نیروی دریایی سپاه پاسداران می تواند برای اجرای عملیات دوربرد از آن استفاده است.

آکرانوپلان پرنده دریایی است که با بهره گیری از اثر متقابل سطح با فاصله کمی از سطح آب و با سرعت بالا به پرواز درمی آید و روی بالشتکی از هوا بر فراز آب می خزد.

این نشریه با چاپ تصویری از این پرنده دریایی بدون سرنشین با استناد به گزارش یکی از رسانه های ایرانی نوشت: نیروی دریایی سپاه پاسداران ایران می تواند با نصب سامانه های دید در شب در این پرنده دریایی تجسسی،رزمی در محیط های با رطوبت بالا نیز عملیات داشته باشد.

بر اساس این گزارش، برد این پهپاد 1000 کیلومتر بوده و قادر است از 50 سانتیمتری سطح دریا تا ارتفاع 3000 پایی اوج گیرد و بیشینه سرعت آن نیز 200 کیلومتر در ساعت است.

در تصویر به نمایش در آمده از قایق پرنده بدون سرنشین جدید ایران می توان سطح آیرودینامیکی بین بال ها و بدنه پهپاد را ملاحظه کرد. برخی از این قایق های پرنده پهپادی حتی قادر به عملیاتی کلاسیک چون جنگنده ها هستند.

جینز دیفنس نوشت: ایران اینک تجربه ساخت قایق های پرنده را دارد و تاکنون قایق های پرنده «باور 1» و «باور 2» یک و دو سرنشینه را ساخته است.​

According to a report on janes.com, Iran's Islamic Revolution Guard Corps (IRGC) apparently developed the world's first unmanned ground effect vehicle (UGEV), which could be used as the basis for a long-range munition.

The existence of the UGEV was revealed by a report published by the Tasnim news agency. The report described it as a "combat-reconnaissance drone" that had been developed by the IRGC's naval wing and can carry military night vision systems that work in high humidity environments.

The drone has a range of 1,000 km, can fly as low as 50 cm above the sea, can reach a maximum altitude of 3,000 feet, and has a maximum speed of 200 km/h, the Tasnim report said. "Although the drone cannot carry missiles, it is able to carry explosives and hit sea or ground targets," it added.

Too big for a drone, isn't it?

My Knowledge about drones is next to 0 but from what I have learnt so far, the drone looks too big to be stealthy specially with that thermal sign that its big engine leaves behind. Unless equipped with stealth coating and other stealth features......

Too big for a drone, isn't it?

My Knowledge about drones is next to 0 but from what I have learnt so far, the drone looks too big to be stealthy specially with that thermal sign that its big engine leaves behind. Unless equipped with stealth coating and other stealth features......
Seems like a lot of Russian engines are like that, even the newer Sukhois all have the exhaust exposed, unless there is some active liquid cooling in the exhaust. What interests me is that the engine for this craft is supposedly a turbojet rather than turbofan.

IRGC : we will unveil a drone attack helicopter, Shahed-285

I think it would certainly be far more useful in the unmanned armed recon role than it would be as some sort of ultra light weight manned attack helo,even allowing for the weight of an optronic turret and the requisite remote control avionics,its still going to be a decent weight saving over a human pilot,which means more weapons payload or fuel or both.

Back
Top Bottom