What's new

Iranian official: Hezbollah's arsenal has deemed Israel's Iron Dome a joke

RFS_Br

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hossein Sheikholeslam, a top Iranian adviser on foreign affairs, says Hezbollah has "tens of thousands" of missiles pointed at Israel.

ShowImage.ashx

Iron Dome rocket defense battery [file] Photo: Ben Hartman

A senior Iranian official said Monday that Hezbollah's arsenal of weapons in Lebanon has deemed Israel's Iron Dome rocket defense system "a theoretical joke."

Iran's Fars News Agency quoted the Iranian Parliament Speaker’s top adviser for international affairs, Hossein Sheikholeslam as saying, “Now Hezbollah has tens of thousands of missiles ready to be fired at Israel.”

Sheikholeslam said that Hezobollah has been able to build its "deterrence power" with the help of Syrian President Bashar Assad, and his late fatherHafez Assad, Syria's former president.

The comments were the latest in a string of increased Iranian rhetoric against Israel and the US over the past week which has broken with the pacifying message of President Hassan Rouhani.

The increased rhetoric coincides with celebrations marking the 35th anniversary of the Islamic Revolution which took place earlier this week.

A senior Iranian military official was quoted by Iran's Press TVas saying Thursday that the massive turnout at the rallies was a response to the "foolish rhettoric" by American officials against Iran.

Major General Yahya Rahim Safavi, a senior advisor to Iranian leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, said that the US saying that the military option is on the table "is like a joke."

Safavi further critisized Washington's policies, saying, “The US practically showed in the Syria issue that it supports terrorists and supplies them with arms, and this is one of the reasons behind our mistrust.”

[A relevant thread on Iron Dome's performance according to non-hasbara sources. -- RFS]

They have unlimited funding from the US congress for iron dome missiles, so Hezbollah would have to target iron dome installations or fire in rapid succession and in large barrages and I mean really large. Which they are capable of, several firings from here or there add up and will have an effect on whatever target they are firing at. Hezbollah has a decent arsenal which can easily challenge Israel's missile defense systems but Hamas needs to improve theirs but there's not much opportunity right now, they also don't have means to do so. Which means if war ever broke out they would need to fire many rockets within a span of a day.

They have unlimited funding from the US congress for iron dome missiles, so Hezbollah would have to target iron dome installations or fire in rapid succession and in large barrages and I mean really large. Which they are capable of, several firings from here or there add up and will have an effect on whatever target they are firing at. Hezbollah has a decent arsenal which can easily challenge Israel's missile defense systems but Hamas needs to improve theirs but there's not much opportunity right now, they also don't have means to do so. Which means if war ever broke out they would need to fire many rockets within a span of a day.

Hamas didn't pursue that strategy in 2012; yet the overwhelming majority of its rockets got past Iron Dome's supposed protection. I have for me that Iron Dome is nothing but a dud; it won't be a real player in a Hezbollah x Israel conflict even if Hezbollah chooses to ignore it.

Last edited:
Hamas didn't pursue that strategy in 2012; yet the overwhelming majority of its rockets still got past Iron Dome's supposed protection. I have for me that Iron Dome is nothing but a dud; it won't be a real player in a Hezbollah x Israel conflict even if Hezbollah chooses to ignore it.

They actually kind of did with what they had.

too bad iranian money which is urgently needed in iran for iranian people is wasted for supporting terror gangs in the middle east, asia and africa.

beside that: the next round of hisbollah attacks on israel will be a total war against lebanon as the israeli AF commandar told. and the only responsable people for such a war would be nasrallah and chamenei.

lebanese people better get rid of hisbollah "state in state". then the risk of a war with israel would be below zero.

Hamas didn't pursue that strategy in 2012; yet the overwhelming majority of its rockets got past Iron Dome's supposed protection. I have for me that Iron Dome is nothing but a dud; it won't be a real player in a Hezbollah x Israel conflict even if Hezbollah chooses to ignore it.
Hamas rained hundreds of Grad missiles on 4 towns protected with Iron Dome. Yet not a single person was killed or seriously injured there. Eat your heart poor false flagger.

Jews and NATO :lol: What the hell is wrong with you?
Thats local village idiot Sun Piwa, aka elis aka several other nicks.

too bad iranian money which is urgently needed in iran for iranian people is wasted for supporting terror gangs in the middle east, asia and africa.

beside that: the next round of hisbollah attacks on israel will be a total war against lebanon as the israeli AF commandar told. and the only responsable people for such a war would be nasrallah and chamenei.

lebanese people better get rid of hisbollah "state in state". then the risk of a war with israel would be below zero.
Thanks to say Israhell is a cancer bringing war

Israelis have all for free from JEW USA slave, for sure they love war

Hamas rained hundreds of Grad missiles on 4 towns protected with Iron Dome. Yet not a single person was killed or seriously injured there.

I don't know about attacks on particular cities. I know of the general figures that have been handed over by independent parties. And they. Do not. Come close. To the self-serving figures that the Israeli government has produced and that you repeat acritically because, as is clear by now, you're some dumb government monkey with a total ineptitude to think straight and by himself.

The 2012 clash with Gaza resulted in a Israeli/Gaza lower death ratio than in 2008-09, despite there being no "Iron Dome" back them. The reason is clear. Hamas upgraded it arsenal. Israel did not upgrade anything.

So, to refresh your memory:

The IDF "drastically" exaggerates its success ratio despite offering no evidence, according to US analyst:
Mr Postol says that while he cannot say what the performance of Iron Dome was in Operation Pillar of Defence, "all the available evidence unambiguously indicates a drastically lower level of performance than the 84% claimed by the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF)."

His view is that the successful hit rate on incoming warheads could be as low as 5-10%.

Iron Dome's kill rate "likely zero", according to Israeli scientist:
Mordechai Shefer, an Israeli rocket scientist formerly with Rafael, Iron Dome’s maker, studied nearly two dozen videos and, in a paper last month, concluded that the kill rate was zero.

The 2012 clash with Gaza resulted in a Israeli/Gaza lower death ratio than in 2008-09, despite there being no "Iron Dome" back them. The reason is clear. Hamas upgraded it arsenal. Israel did not upgrade anything.
No mr propagandist, the reason is because Israel did not go into ground offensive.

All Israeli casualties were in areas not protected by Iron Dome: 3 people in Kiryat Malahi, 2 soldiers in field and 1 Bedouin also in field. On the other hand dense populated towns Ashdod, Ashkelon, Beersheva which were the main target of Hamas rockets, no one was killed or injured there, despite many hundreds of Grad rockets were fired. It frustrates u I know.

I already answered that. These so called analysits are complete retards who dont know most basic facts about the system:

1) They dont know that often two missiles are launched against one target.
2) They dont know that Iron Dome missiles have seekers.
3) They made idiotic claim that explosion is not spherical.

All their "arguments" are only ignorance and nothing more.

Back
Top Bottom