What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

we don't see manpads because they store them inside the boats.

There have been countless times when there have been helicopters fully armed in the air near these boats. Never I've seen them taking manpads out as a show of force.

There have been countless times when there have been helicopters fully armed in the air near these boats. Never I've seen them taking manpads out as a show of force.
they have lol i can't remember how i know this as my memory is a little fuzzy about it but during the tanker wars back in 80's IRGC boats had manpads and even targeted a US AH-1. helicopters can be a real threat to small boats...

they have lol i can't remember how i know this as my memory is a little fuzzy about it but during the tanker wars back in 80's IRGC boats had manpads and even targeted a US AH-1. helicopters can be a real threat to small boats...

In the 80's yes but not recently

It may seem strange to some of you but Iran can safely deploy sevome Khordad on three boats.

The communication between the three boats can be very safe using encoding and relays. The weight on each boat can be acceptable for maneuvering.
@Hack-Hook

Last edited:
the most important thing in my opinion here is the fact that the biggest US navy threat to IRGC missile boats are the planes like A-10 and attack helicopters. if we manage to build this naval version of 3rd khordad, our small boats can get closer to US fleet without being scared of their air power. their ships has almost no weapon to target them effectively. that way the boats like zolfaqar can do their job and any incoming helicopter or CAS fighter get targeted by AD boats.

I wouldn't be too sure of that.

_86974327_brimstone.jpg

WdwhjmwGtmBpzdVeAI8dIsYgb91WCLdIzYWq6WV8Tpo.jpg

Iran literally just tested its new generation CMs. Iran now also operates CMs that are fire and forget and do no rely on shore based radars as they have their own active radar homing seeker. So all the speedboats have to do is get close enough visual range
Speedboats have to get close enough for visual range? They won't even get close you know that. They be seeing naval aircraft than ships.

Ships with anti ship or anti air missiles mounted on board can obviously stay much farther away. Smaller speedboats with anti aircraft guns mounted on board or rocket launchers have to get close, surround a larger ship. Their tactic is to unexpectedly start shooting at a larger ships vital points all at once, unload, damage while moving and then speed off.

Can a speedboat outrun something like a Brimstone missile, obviously not, just compare the max speed of the boat to the initial-max speed of the missile. A speedboat won't have much of a chance if jets are in the area. If a speedboat is being tracked by a jet it's only chance is for it's countries air defenses to engage the jet first. Ships in the area with SAMs mounted on board are another variable that could perhaps help the speedboats survive.

I wouldn't be too sure of that.

_86974327_brimstone.jpg

WdwhjmwGtmBpzdVeAI8dIsYgb91WCLdIzYWq6WV8Tpo.jpg

Speedboats have to get close enough for visual range? They won't even get close you know that. They be seeing naval aircraft than ships.

Ships with anti ship or anti air missiles mounted on board can obviously stay much farther away. Smaller speedboats with anti aircraft guns mounted on board or rocket launchers have to get close, surround a larger ship. Their tactic is to unexpectedly start shooting at a larger ships vital points all at once, unload, damage while moving and then speed off.

Can a speedboat outrun something like a Brimstone missile, obviously not, just compare the max speed of the boat to the initial-max speed of the missile. A speedboat won't have much of a chance if jets are in the area. If a speedboat is being tracked by a jet it's only chance is for it's countries air defenses to engage the jet first. Ships in the area with SAMs mounted on board are another variable that could perhaps help the speedboats survive.
that missile is not brimstone it's AGM-169 which was suppose to replace TOW and mavericks and it's range is less than 40 km. seems like our american friend is confused about these two similar missiles.

Our American friend often gets confused between his arse and his mouth..... ending up talkng out of the wrong hole frequently....

Still not sure why he hangs around here...... unless he was being paid to trole....

So you believe the radar system of servome khordad with or without a single SAM is not that much lighter than a tank?

What matters here is can it be done effectively, the answer is there is no reason to not think that. You're over complicating this too much for yourself.

We can ask that question of almost any air defence. Furthermore, I mentioned the potential passivity of such systems.
I believe your suggestion will be a shitty solution and enemy will easily neutralize it.

The tank example was not for comparing weight . it was to show how useless the solution will be otherwise there are tanks that are capable of floating over water .

It may seem strange to some of you but Iran can safely deploy sevome Khordad on three boats.

The communication between the three boats can be very safe using encoding and relays. The weight on each boat can be acceptable for maneuvering.
@Hack-Hook
No , you can say they are safe by encoding but they always can be jammed.

I believe your suggestion will be a shitty solution and enemy will easily neutralize it.

My solution is essentially taking Servome Khordad and making a seaborne version, this is hardly a ground breaking concept. What is your main counter argument against this idea?

Last edited:
My solution is essentially taking servome Khordad and making a seaborne version, this is hardly a ground breaking concept. You had yet to put forward a proper counter argument against this idea.

Lets be honest, the only "useless" fact I have see here so far is this comparison between a tank and a relatively compact radars system.
Well go and build your version of second khordad and see what happen
The main strength of 3rd of khordad is its radar and your solution want to remove .

Well go and build your version of second khordad and see what happen

This is not a counter argument.

The main strength of 3rd of khordad is its radar and your solution want to remove .

What radar? And where did I say I want to remove it? We can create a dedicated boat carrying the AESA radar of the Sevome Khordad TELAR. That boat can be without a missile if needed.

Furthermore, Sevome Khordad is just one example, what we are discussing here is the use of a surface to air missile generally speaking. If you're finding it hard to imagine a sea borne Sevome Khordad, then you can just generalise the discussion.

This is not a counter argument.

What radar? And where did I say I want to remove it? We can create a dedicated boat carrying the AESA radar of the Sevome Khordad TELAR. That boat can be without a missile if needed.

Furthermore, Sevome Khordad is just one example, what we are discussing here is the use of a surface to air missile generally speaking. If you're finding it hard to imagine a sea borne Sevome Khordad, then you can just generalise the discussion.
Sea born second khordad don't need to have launcher like buk . and it's for something in size of 300 ton and higher.

Sea born second khordad don't need to have launcher like buk . and it's for something in size of 300 ton and higher.

Dadash,

You can put a single Taer missile on most of these Iranian fast boats. You can do similar with the radar. I am not sure where you're getting this 300 ton figure from. Like I said, you can forget Sevome Khordad is you're finding it hard to imagine it. Think generally about the use of SAMs on military speed boats.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom