What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

Iran literally just tested its new generation CMs. Iran now also operates CMs that are fire and forget and do no rely on shore based radars as they have their own active radar homing seeker. So all the speedboats have to do is get close enough visual range
that cruise missile is bigger than any thing those boats can carry

I'm talking about a hypothetical all-gloves-are-of warscenario
I think I'm confused about what you are saying. So you think in such a scenario the US won't have any aerial assets in a 2000 km distance of Iran?!

you can fit a tank on those boats , there is a reason you don't see anyone do that.

Context here matters my friend. We are discussing the use of surface to air missiles for a specific purpose. Furthermore, I do not think it is a wise choice to compare something with the mass of a tank to a single SAM.

Context here matters my friend. We are discussing the use of surface to air missiles for a specific purpose. Furthermore, I do not think it is a wise choice to compare something with the mass of a tank to a single SAM.
Sam, Radar and all its componnent are not that lighter. uou also must think about the balance of the boat . and what will you do if your communication get jammed ? you have 32 sam that worth shit

Sam, Radar and all its componnent are not that lighter.

So you believe the radar system of servome khordad with or without a single SAM is not that much lighter than a tank?

uou also must think about the balance of the boat .

What matters here is can it be done effectively, the answer is there is no reason to not think that. You're over complicating this too much for yourself.

and what will you do if your communication get jammed ? you have 32 sam that worth shit

We can ask that question of almost any air defence. Furthermore, I mentioned the potential passivity of such systems.

the most important thing in my opinion here is the fact that the biggest US navy threat to IRGC missile boats are the planes like A-10 and attack helicopters. if we manage to build this naval version of 3rd khordad, our small boats can get closer to US fleet without being scared of their air power. their ships has almost no weapon to target them effectively. that way the boats like zolfaqar can do their job and any incoming helicopter or CAS fighter get targeted by AD boats.

Also, recall Iran is developing smaller surface to air missiles, such as the "9 DEY" missile:

9_dey.jpg

the most important thing in my opinion here is the fact that the biggest US navy threat to IRGC missile boats are the planes like A-10 and attack helicopters. if we manage to build this naval version of 3rd khordad, our small boats can get closer to US fleet without being scared of their air power. their ships has almost no weapon to target them effectively. that way the boats like zolfaqar can do their job and any incoming helicopter or CAS fighter get targeted by AD boats.

The fact that we almost never see these small boats with manpads tells me that they aren't really worried by the airpower.

Also, recall Iran is developing smaller surface to air missiles, such as the "9 DEY" missile:

9_dey.jpg

Now these I can see mounted on a zolfiqar class boat

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom