What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

No, I think what he's saying is that we can never match the USAF in the next 30 years but we can make the USAF useless in the Persian Gulf by having seaborne air defenses in large numbers that will turn the Persian Gulf and the Sea of Oman into a real hell for your airborne assets.

What I understood from his post is that we should build small fast boats armed with SAMs to counter the air superiority of the USAF. That will solve many of our problems in case of a potential conflict with the US.

Small boats of that size can only carry short range SAMs. You know that. And you saw what happened to Pantsirs in Syria and Libya. But go ahead and put large SAMs on those small boats if you think it will help.

That is very dangerous thinking. So you are saying you don't need an air force then because the U.S. Navy have seaborne air defenses.
what i mean is if we manage to build seaborne 3rd khordad we can potentially prevent air strikes by large bombers like b-52 and b-1, maybe even b-2. also we can possibly target aerial refueling tankers and thus manage to reduce f-18 and f-35s successful sorties to target our shores and even deep inside our land.
3rd of khordad is a relatively compact air defense and seems like IRGC is trying to expand it's missile range to ~200 km. now imagine those small boats with 3rd KH TELARs on them in middle of indian ocean... it can be a real challenge.

what i mean is if we manage to build seaborne 3rd khordad we can potentially prevent air strikes by large bombers like b-52 and b-1, maybe even b-2. also we can possibly target aerial refueling tankers and thus manage to reduce f-18 and f-35s successful sorties to target our shores and even deep inside our land.
3rd of khordad is a relatively compact air defense and seems like IRGC is trying to expand it's missile range to ~200 km. now imagine those small boats with 3rd KH TELARs on them in middle of indian ocean... it can be a real challenge.
Those small little speed boats don't have the capacity to carry it.

You would have to sacrifice cruise missiles to carry those.

Of course. What we are thinking about here is using military speed boats as carriers of Surface to Air missiles. Imagine a 100 or so speed boats carrying such missiles scattered all over traveling and maneuvering at those speeds. Also bare in mind, surface to air missiles have duel use. For example, the SM-1/2 famously can also be used against surface vessels.

Of course. What we are thinking about here is using military speed boats as carriers of Surface to Air missiles. Imagine a 100 or so speed boats carrying such missiles scattered all over traveling and maneuvering at those speeds. Also bare in mind, surface to air missiles have duel use. For example, the SM-1/2 famously can also be used against surface vessels.
I like to see it put in action on those speed boats.

Small boats of that size can only carry short range SAMs. You know that. And you saw what happened to Pantsirs in Syria and Libya. But go ahead and put large SAMs on those small boats if you think it will help.
Give me your biggest speed boat and combine the cruise missile and SAM with radar.
I think this idea works better if we have an integrated network where fast boats are used only as a portable platform for launching the SAMs. Our radar stations will be near our shores.

I think this idea works better if we have an integrated network where fast boats are used only as a portable platform for launching the SAMs. Our radar stations will be near our shores.
Why not have its own radar? Why rely on shore radars?

the biggest question is that can we transform 3rd khordad from truck to boat?
1398033111163426917698934.jpg

1590763612_953791_1590763494_4140361399030812520381820499584.jpg

4d2018d76e4890f2b7fa392833f4cc40.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom