What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

Iranian made "KAMAND" CIWS
'Kamand' is an Iranian 6 barrels, 30mm gun Close-In Weapon System. The design is based on the a reverse engineered and modified Russian AK-630 system with Iranian gatling gun and EO/IR tracking system.

• Rate of fire: 4,000 to 7,000 rounds per minute.
  • Range: 2 Km
  • Sensors: EO/IR

1660349743269.png

1660351511180.png

1660351561666.png

1660351574332.png

1660351627386.png

PS: just looking at Ground version of Kamand yesterday with a dedicated radar ..I am now sure that naval version also has a radar interface using possibly ships "ASR" and/or "Eagle eye" for search and track function

Is there a video of this ever successfully engage a projectile during a war game or training exercise?

I hadn't noticed before, on the Fateh they added some "handrail type" elements but very low.
Maybe they can contribute to the safety of the sailors when the submarine is on the surface, or are they needed for something else?
6465437_original~2.jpg

If it was already being towed, then nothing US could do and Iran wouldn’t simply “release” it. US frigate isn’t going to sink and Iranian navy FOB just because they took unmanned drone.

Plus the drone looks like something a bunch of university students would make to track ocean data. Hardly worth the headache of a diplomatic spat or naval confrontation.

Edit: I stand corrected looks like they did drag it around a little bit

I`d love to know what exactly the provisions of international maritime law are when it comes to the operation of autonomous or remote operated craft.
I`m honestly amazed that they didnt end up running it over.
Still,this should be a clear heads up for both the navy and the irgcn,the usn is operating usvs in the persian gulf,iran needs to not only start doing the same thing,but also to be actively tracking the us ones as well,as you can be very sure that the usn is not operating things like this in the persan gulf for benign purposes,not by a long shot.

I`d love to know what exactly the provisions of international maritime law are when it comes to the operation of autonomous or remote operated craft.
I`m honestly amazed that they didnt end up running it over.
Still,this should be a clear heads up for both the navy and the irgcn,the usn is operating usvs in the persian gulf,iran needs to not only start doing the same thing,but also to be actively tracking the us ones as well,as you can be very sure that the usn is not operating things like this in the persan gulf for benign purposes,not by a long shot.

Iran does have usv. Submarine form and boat form.

Just really not better than a UAV in the PG during peace time. Limited LoS and all. Better for wartime as ambush vessels.

For 4 hours IRGC was towing this boat as it pleased and the US did nothing lol...IRGC basically goading US to do something and they didnt, so they let go. Iran bullied US and let it go when they realised their college students could make something better.

the only thing good about that unmanned device is the fact that it can operate for a very long time without any need for resupplying and its something that they can contract to any industrial university if they are interested in such thing

If it was already being towed, then nothing US could do and Iran wouldn’t simply “release” it. US frigate isn’t going to sink and Iranian navy FOB just because they took unmanned drone.

Plus the drone looks like something a bunch of university students would make to track ocean data. Hardly worth the headache of a diplomatic spat or naval confrontation.

Edit: I stand corrected looks like they did drag it around a little bit

False source and bogus reference Suzie. Much like your other ‘takes’ on matters which have little value and validity. Further reducing your already nulled credibility.

Please humor us all and continue to reference anti-Iranian sources. Thank you!

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom