What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

Iran Admiral Rastegari: we have began of the construction of the Besat Class submarine
API or nuclear propulsion?

maybe we can talk about the electronic warfare systems the navy displayed with its missiles?
Is there someone with knowledge in this field, im very interested...

I realized the topic "electronic warfare" is not that much discussed in this forum but afaik iran is very serious into it and its capabilities are taken seriously by the west

nothing important,
Damavand-2 will have two engine room with 4 engines,
VLS launch system cruise and surface to air missile,
thicker alloy metal was used, 4 shaft,
new radar

but I'm still thinking where the VLS will be on the Damavand-2
???
3ed2eb999a59a638e8b1d7fb10892465o.png

Yes that is what has been promised

UllwTQ8.png

inside the hull ? or in the indicated superstructure? , but I don't see the predisposition
or VLS a container to be installed above the deck in the main arrow amidships?

thank

or VLS a container to be installed above the deck in the main arrow amidships?

the Reason Dena warship VLC installation was cancelled is because of uncertainty on installation of VLC systems,
still on Damavand-2 going true test and sea trial for its vlc systems and it still could be modyfied so nothing is still is 100% and can be changed,
if having VLC on deck could change balance of ship and the front of ship will lower in water compare to it back
so ...........underdvelopment

I realized the topic "electronic warfare" is not that much discussed in this forum but afaik iran is very serious into it and its capabilities are taken seriously by the west
Iran is very serious about it, but never explains the details of how they do it. I don't think any country does for that matter. There might be some basics on it on youtube but those matters are extremely well guarded secrets.

but I'm still thinking where the VLS will be on the Damavand-2
???
I think the first vls will be smaller short range missiles contained in a portable box containing a number of vlcs that can be placed in the location Yavar pointed out. Something a little bigger than Tor M-1 or maybe even Tor M-1 for that matter...As I type this, it occurs to the radar and computer systems are more worthy of something much bigger with more weapons as the rest of the vessel is handicapping the new integrated systems centered around the two new radars. I even painted this out a while back regarding Sahand's radar and Asr would be too much for it.

Two new types of missile boats, shahid soleimani and abu mahdi Mohandes, from IRGC to be unveiled next year. Abu mahdi will be similarly to Chinese type 22 catamaran in size and configuration, abu mahdi on the other hand will be a trimaran and 45-47m in length.
Notably, shahid soleimani will have air defense capability and will be 65 m in length.
Type 22 for reference:
1616003277727.png

Last edited:
Two new types of missile boats, shahid soleimani and abu mahdi Mohandes, from IRGC to be unveiled next year. Abu mahdi will be similarly to Chinese type 22 catamaran in size and configuration, abu mahdi on the other hand will be a trimaran and 45-47m in length.
Notably, shahid soleimani will have air defense capability and will be 65 m in length.
Type 22 for reference:
View attachment 725505
Is it possible the type 22 might actually be built in Iran under license as part of Iran's trade with China; maybe a modified version for Iran using many Iranian sub systems?

Is it possible the type 22 might actually be built in Iran under license as part of Iran's trade with China; maybe a modified version for Iran using many Iranian sub systems?

This is China we are talking about. They screwed us over on the C-802. The only countries they have ever given substantial military tech are North Korea and Pakistan.

That happened at a time when China's relations with the west were on the rise. Today they're on the decline and the west needs China as much as China needs the west for business purposes. The west doesn't have the same kind of leverage that they once had over China or Russia. At the same time, in recent years, especially recently, the west has shown alot of animosity towards Russia and China, specifically China's activities in Xinjiang and Hong Kong.

Iranians have learned their lessons from previous mistakes. I don't think Iran will give any nation a penny unless they receive the military hardware first or perhaps meet somewhere in the middle. This is not Iran's fault but rather a necessary measure Iran must use to ensure it doesn't get screwed over again. At the same time China is not South Korea and are not subservient to the Americans every whim. Realistically though the only way Iran will be able to make a purchase from Russia or China work is for the purchase to be significant enough to ensure it doesn't get sabotaged by Iran's adversaries.

Let's say for example Iran purchases 100+ fighter jets from Russia, along with hundreds of tank engines, tank cannons, air defense units, along with helicopter parts and other components. Such a deal would be extremely lucrative for Russia and their military is already being sanctioned and they need the funding to build weapons like the Armata or SU-57, so realistically what is the west going to threaten them with ? What is Saudi Arabia or Israel going to offer them in exchange for cancelling the deal ? Realistically this is not Iran's fault.

Logically if you're going to sanction several nations at the same time, of course those nations are going to work together to defy you. The sanctions vs Iran were extremely effective during the Obama era when Russia, China and the rest were on board. Today things have changed. Right now China is purchasing 1 million barrels a day from Iran. That's what they're openly admitting. If the US/EU wanted to prevent Iran from purchasing advanced military hardware then they really screwed up their chances because right now it seems like all of the pieces have fallen into place for Iran to make major purchases in the next few years.

This is China we are talking about. They screwed us over on the C-802. The only countries they have ever given substantial military tech are North Korea and Pakistan.

yuup...def possible...especially since the "grant deal" between China and Iran has a defense component...i already expect China to give some more military tech to Iran...
ACtually i suspect China has given Iran some highly sensitive military tech and weapons....on the condition that Iran unveil or show them only when there is war...

That happened at a time when China's relations with the west were on the rise. Today they're on the decline and the west needs China as much as China needs the west for business purposes. The west doesn't have the same kind of leverage that they once had over China or Russia. At the same time, in recent years, especially recently, the west has shown alot of animosity towards Russia and China, specifically China's activities in Xinjiang and Hong Kong.

Iranians have learned their lessons from previous mistakes. I don't think Iran will give any nation a penny unless they receive the military hardware first or perhaps meet somewhere in the middle. This is not Iran's fault but rather a necessary measure Iran must use to ensure it doesn't get screwed over again. At the same time China is not South Korea and are not subservient to the Americans every whim. Realistically though the only way Iran will be able to make a purchase from Russia or China work is for the purchase to be significant enough to ensure it doesn't get sabotaged by Iran's adversaries.

Let's say for example Iran purchases 100+ fighter jets from Russia, along with hundreds of tank engines, tank cannons, air defense units, along with helicopter parts and other components. Such a deal would be extremely lucrative for Russia and their military is already being sanctioned and they need the funding to build weapons like the Armata or SU-57, so realistically what is the west going to threaten them with ? What is Saudi Arabia or Israel going to offer them in exchange for cancelling the deal ? Realistically this is not Iran's fault.

Logically if you're going to sanction several nations at the same time, of course those nations are going to work together to defy you. The sanctions vs Iran were extremely effective during the Obama era when Russia, China and the rest were on board. Today things have changed. Right now China is purchasing 1 million barrels a day from Iran. That's what they're openly admitting. If the US/EU wanted to prevent Iran from purchasing advanced military hardware then they really screwed up their chances because right now it seems like all of the pieces have fallen into place for Iran to make major purchases in the next few years.

yuup...def possible...especially since the "grant deal" between China and Iran has a defense component...i already expect China to give some more military tech to Iran...
ACtually i suspect China has given Iran some highly sensitive military tech and weapons....on the condition that Iran unveil or show them only when there is war...

There is no “great deal”. It hasn’t been signed.

And I’m tired of users here who are apologists for Russian and Chinese actions towards Iran. It’s quite frankly tiring.

Every god damn year you guys come on this forum and say “yeah but this time is different” “that was then, but this is now” “now US and China are not friends” “now Russia and US relations are worse”.

Stop with the nonsense. Neither Russia nor China is ever going to give significant military tech to Iran in the near future.

Been hearing this same song since 2008. Every year you are wrong, but it doesn’t stop the Russian/Chinese apologists from popping up. They are almost as annoying as the Western apologist Iranian users.

I do not consider myself to be a Chinese / Russian apologist. I believe I'm being realistic since the world has changed quite a bit since those days.

Right now China is purchasing 1 million barrels of oil a day from Iran. The Americans / Europeans are showing intense animosity towards Russia and China and they continue to intensify the sanctions regime against them.

Obviously neither Russia nor China are going to give Iran game changing military technology. They are exporters of military hardware and will only sell inferior export variants of their products anyways.

That being said money talks and if Iran makes a large enough purchase, which Iran is looking to do, then in the same way that China buys Iranian oil at $3-$5 dollar discounts per barrel, or in the same way that some Chinese or Russian companies continue to do business with Iran despite US sanctions, a deal will likely be brokered.

There is no “great deal”. It hasn’t been signed.

And I’m tired of users here who are apologists for Russian and Chinese actions towards Iran. It’s quite frankly tiring.

Every god damn year you guys come on this forum and say “yeah but this time is different” “that was then, but this is now” “now US and China are not friends” “now Russia and US relations are worse”.

Stop with the nonsense. Neither Russia nor China is ever going to give significant military tech to Iran in the near future.

Been hearing this same song since 2008. Every year you are wrong, but it doesn’t stop the Russian/Chinese apologists from popping up. They are almost as annoying as the Western apologist Iranian users.

Back
Top Bottom