What's new

Iranian army Chief's statement was taken out of context: Iranian Ambassador

Just trying to defuse the tensions. Damage has been done. Irani General tone was war like, a clear threat. Irani Army generals are more loyal to their grand supreme council, headed by Mullahs, than their people in top Govt roles.
Absolutely

There are frictions in Iran army, some sympathise with Russia or India, some stay neutral and loyal to own policies. I won't be surprised if RAW has already penetrated into the ranks of Iranian military.
ISI needs to keep a close eye on all these noises and where they're coming from and expose them.

this is some what understandable but my immediate concern is current issue as well as their policy of dealing with Pakistan, specially after the agreement which is concluded during the recent visit of Iranian Foreign Minister to Islamabad in which he was heading a delegation of senior political & military officials
we just yesterday have given approval to establish the banking channel with Iran .... but stroking the issue by their Army Chief which both side already agreed to settle is something which is creating suspicions in my mind ....
Everything has a public consumption potential even if it was a faux pas.
The general was probably more upset at the alliance regardless of our assurances (and rightly so)

I hope that both countries can resolve all the border issues through dialogue and mutual collaboration. It seems that there are different camps in the Iranian govt and thus mixed signals are emanating from the country or it could be some sort of strategy. However they need to muzzle hawkish elements especially in the time when the overall temperature is feverishly high in the region. Pakistan really does not want another border to become hot. We wish peace to the Iranian people given their country does not disturb our peace.

maybe they summon the Ambassador and show him the videos of LoC , and Afghan border clashes ... but i am glad that Iran is trying to explain its position , and reducing the tension between the two countries , these days Pakistanis are very touchy and sensitive and specially after KY the Iran's credibility was undermine and than such statements come which didn't help .. I am all up for a joint Operation against the Terrorists and any non state actors operating in those areas .
Every thing should be two way, one way traffic shall result in collision. By the way Jandullah in the past was controlled due to Pak help what the hell Pak got in return except empty threats and spies.

The general was probably more upset at the alliance regardless of our assurances (and rightly so)

Dear Sir, Pakistan is sovereign state just like Iran and has every right to take decisions independently either they are in favor of Iran or not. Iran never consulted with Pak before entering in secret war with KSA in Syria or Yemen.

On the other hand Pak has taken serious steps for reconciliation between Iran and KSA. The Iranian Army Chief should deny or take back his statement instead of mere light explanation by their ambassador in Pakistan. They have no right to threat Pakistan.

i've got a question to the PDF member why is it you call iranians and afgans namak haraam, ok india aside, pakistan seems to have problems with most countries besides china for obvious reasons(because if there was any kind of problem with china we all know the 7 hells pakistan would face). maybe there should be some introspection in the fudamentalism and unregulated support for terrorists within pakistan before pointing fingers and acting like victims.

The majority of groups in current Afghan set up are former allies of Iran, and Pak has helped both Iranians during Iraq/Iran war and Afghan refugees. But both countries paid back to us by hostile attitudes and attacking Pak border areas. As per case of terrorism, there are number of countries involved some supporting current Govt and other Taliban. There are big powers between them Pakistan has no sufficient role.

The responsibility to clarify the situation is on shoulders of Irani General neither Irani Govt/nor ambassador.

i've got a question to the PDF member why is it you call iranians and afgans namak haraam, ok india aside, pakistan seems to have problems with most countries besides china for obvious reasons(because if there was any kind of problem with china we all know the 7 hells pakistan would face). maybe there should be some introspection in the fudamentalism and unregulated support for terrorists within pakistan before pointing fingers and acting like victims.
First we don't call Iranians as Namak Haram, its the Afghans more than 3 million of whom stayed in our country for more than 3 decades, destroyed our ethnic & sectarian harmony, brought gun and drug culture to our society and are now siding with our enemy.

As for introspection, well that is something that all of the countries should do. Foreign relations between countries is not a constant phenomenon.

A little more than a decade ago, Pakistanis were boasting that we had cordial relationship with all of our neighbors except India, while India had troublesome relationship with nearly all of its neighbors. Bangladesh had killed 16 Indian soldiers in 2001, India was blamed by Sri Lanka for its role in Tamil insurgency, and then the border disputes with China and Pakistan. But now India has very friendly relationship with all of its neighbors except Pakistan while we have a troublesome relationship with all of our neighbors except China.

Can you bet on how the things will be in the region in a decade or two? Remember Pre-Mullah Iran was almost an ally of Pakistan, they provided us with arms and even allowed our air force to use their facilities during conflicts.

First we don't call Iranians as Namak Haram, its the Afghans more than 3 million of whom stayed in our country for more than 3 decades, destroyed our ethnic & sectarian harmony, brought gun and drug culture to our society and are now siding with our enemy.

As for introspection, well that is something that all of the countries should do. Foreign relations between countries is not a constant phenomenon.

A little more than a decade ago, Pakistanis were boasting that we had cordial relationship with all of our neighbors except India, while India had troublesome relationship with nearly all of its neighbors. Bangladesh had killed 16 Indian soldiers in 2001, India was blamed by Sri Lanka for its role in Tamil insurgency, and then the border disputes with China and Pakistan. But now India has very friendly relationship with all of its neighbors except Pakistan while we have a troublesome relationship with all of our neighbors except China.

Can you bet on how the things will be in the region in a decade or two? Remember Pre-Mullah Iran was almost an ally of Pakistan, they provided us with arms and even allowed our air force to use their facilities during conflicts.
i agree with your statements regarding indians involvement with the tamils and involvement with bangladesh, but its been over 50 years since there was a major or tense skirmish with the chinese because china will drown them. but with that said there are many countries such as the saudis, Americans and British who have said the same thing with regards to pakistan, its almost on a international level, its unfortunate that the people who carry out these terrorist attacks end up having links to pakistan which worsens the reputation its not just confined between 3 neighboring borders.

Dude I've heard english spoken in a lot of accents.

This guys is the best.

it appear to me there is some sort of division among the functionaries of Iranian government ...
http://indianexpress.com/article/wo...ent-hassan-rouhanis-missile-comments-4643828/
Iran army hits back as Rouhani criticizes 'provocative messages'
http://www.arabnews.com/node/1095356/middle-east

p26.large_.gif

1593507_orig.gif

Exactly

Seems Iran and Pakistan has same political issue. Where IRGC don't listen elected govt and same here in Pakistan , where army is beyond control of elected govt of Pakistan.
Its more like they have nothing but civilian infrastructure to hit, which they always does.

Anyhow damage is done, I have seen Iranian blame in major US news papers, Europe news papers, Arab news papers, English, Germen..... Iran regime has not issued an legal notice to any of the news papers so, neither their own local news papers are correcting their own public.
Interview with US paid Pakistani jurnos. means nothing !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom