What's new

Iran unveils Saba-248 helicopter

Valla hanouz chizi maloum nist, moshakhase ke shebahat balayee be 109 dare, vali tafavothayee ham dare, ham to cockpit ham badane.

Albate maloume ke az 109 algu bardari kardan(shayed aslan blue printesh ro dashtan), vali in kare mamuliye vase keshvari mesle Iran ke hanuz dar ebtedaye rahe.

Taze akshayee az qaleb va sakht Saba ham qablan montasher shode bude

Qaleb sakhte Saba
View attachment 382345 View attachment 382346

View attachment 382347
View attachment 382348
View attachment 382350

Ziad be harfhaye babak taghvaee gush nade, mozakhraf ziad mige man chand vaght to acig bash bahs kardam, hata edea mikard ke iran mahvareyee be faza nafrestade va .....

Dar kol bayad sabr konim bebinim chi mishe va aya in proje be tulid anbuh mirese ya na.

Thanks for the elaboration. In regards to Babak, he has no credibility with me. There is a saying in Sweden that even a blind hen can find a corn. However, I see too many similarities to disregard my doubts completely. Take the cockpit as an example, even if we disregard some details which are too similar, there are also parts which have been scratched and buckled and the components ripped out of. Now why is that? Why leave it in that shape?

Shakhsan ahamijat nemidan ke kopi karde bashand, faghat lamasab khode aw nabashe ke only taamir karde bashan.

For full disclosure, I take back what I said before. I am now not sure and your post helped. However I do not consider this to be 100% settled since there are still too many unknowns and uncertainties.

Thanks for the elaboration. In regards to Babak, he has no credibility with me. There is a saying in Sweden that even a blind hen can find a corn. However, I see too many similarities to disregard my doubts completely. Take the cockpit as an example, even if we disregard some details which are too similar, there are also parts which have been scratched and buckled and the components ripped out of. Now why is that? Why leave it in that shape?

Shakhsan ahamijat nemidan ke kopi karde bashand, faghat lamasab khode aw nabashe ke only taamir karde bashan.

For full disclosure, I take back what I said before. I am now not sure and your post helped. However I do not consider this to be 100% settled since there are still too many unknowns and uncertainties.

Only time will tell, sooner or later.

Yeah I was wondering about that as well. Why would a new helicopter have any signs of scratching and bending within the cockpit?

A new car doesn't have bends in the mrta and scratch marks over the dashboard.

They really need to so some quality checking on their final products before just showing it and calling it a day.

This copter isn't the first Iranian product with similarities to foreign products and it wont be the last one too.

nonetheless Saba248 has 6 hours endurance VS AW109 with less than 5 hours.

Wouldn't it be more suitable to build a larger utility helicopter in the class of the UH-60 or Bell-214? This way, the same basic airframe could include troop transport and light attack (roles that the light S-248 is not suited for) as well as air ambulance and search and rescue. Having one basic airframe increases parts commonality and flexibility.

Wouldn't it be more suitable to build a larger utility helicopter in the class of the UH-60 or Bell-214? This way, the same basic airframe could include troop transport and light attack (roles that the light S-248 is not suited for) as well as air ambulance and search and rescue. Having one basic airframe increases parts commonality and flexibility.
development starts from Zero and reaches 100, and not the otherwise.

defense minister promised it's export, and there have been very few times when Iranian commanders have said such a thing.

if this copter was similar to Russian ones, some so called expert would tush here to claim it's a Russian copter assembled in Iran, but now that it's similar to western ones we hear this "no more than one" rubbish claims.

Masters of improvisation. Recycled and renovated.

Use damaged Agusta A109E Power EP-TRB as a core, fashion a simplified fuselage with aft section similar to Bell 206 Jet Ranger using the Bell tail arrangement and bolt on a tubular landing skid.

The extra range can be explained by less weight and a larger fuel tank.

Unlike EP-TRB, reduced pilot frontal visibility and deleted windshield wiper.

Reupholstered seats are noteworthy. Cabin appears sanitized.

Use damaged Agusta A109E Power EP-TRB as a core, fashion a simplified fuselage with aft section similar to Bell 206 Jet Ranger using the Bell tail arrangement and bolt on a tubular landing skid.

ROFL! You have no clue what you are talking about..do you?:partay:Don't take your self too seriously.
Saba 248 is for export..

Unfortunately there is no evidence that I could find that a109e ep-trb was ever in an accident especially one that would have resulted in the destruction of the tail rotor and landing gear,in addition the registration is still current which is also very unlikely if the machine was badly damaged/crashed and written off,now ep-trb sister a109e ep-trk did crash in 2015 but it crashed into the persian gulf killing all on board and was a complete write off so it cant be this one either.In addition you can clearly see that the front windscreen is different to the a109e.Personally I`d take babak taghvaees claims with at a minimum a truckload of salt,for instance just recently at an unveiling of several new iranian weapons he made some very erroneous and one very bizarre claim that just further destroyed his credibility,he claimed that the new rifles on display were in fact american m4s that had been captured in afghanistan[!],they werent,he then claimed the pistol on display was a glock,it wasnt,and finally he claimed the manpad was an old sa7,guess what...yep he was wrong again,three out of three,later on he retracted his claims but only after his mistakes had been pointed out to him,one cant help but get the feeling that he has an axe to grind with the iri.

Some important highlights of the interview:

67 percent of this helicopter is Iranian made.

It's engines are foreign but due to circumstances regarding sanctions, Saba has been designed to accommodate several different types of engines.

Iran is preparing infrastructures to domestically manufacture these types of engines and according to General it will take 2-3 years.

50 percent of its avionics are indigenous but mod is working in order to have a fully indigenous avionics in a year and a half.

Last edited:
good news,
surely it is a prototype, and everything needs to be refined, but they could do more attention to the details, at least not to show it to the camera

3A2f7n9.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom