What's new

Iran sports thread

Israel wouldn't qualify in a 1000 years :lol:

Although I wouldn't mind this group. It would give us a good chance of qualifying to the second round.

You mean in despite of Iran refusing to play against Israel in such case, which would mean a loss of three points?

You mean in despite of Iran refusing to play against Israel in such case, which would mean a loss of three points?

Wouldn't happen. You would see protests 5 times the size of 2009 if that happened.

Also it wouldn't be a loss of 3 points. Refusing to play is grounds for being disqualified from the tournament and banned from FIFA.

Israel wouldn't qualify in a 1000 years :lol:

Although I wouldn't mind this group. It would give us a good chance of qualifying to the second round.

It's still currently possible;) it would be interesting to see how well Israel would do in the AFC tbh.

Personally I'm hoping we have either England or Italy seeded in our(australia) group plus New Zealand and Uruguay.

Purely for the spectacle of course.

It's still currently possible;) it would be interesting to see how well Israel would do in the AFC tbh.

Personally I'm hoping we have either England or Italy seeded in our(australia) group plus New Zealand and Uruguay.

Purely for the spectacle of course.

New Zealand will probably face Honduras in the playoffs. Honduras are no pushovers, they have some good players, would expect them to beat the Kiwis.

The seeded teams I would also like England. I wouldn't mind Brazil just for the spectacle of the match, since it's their home tourney, there will be more coverage of our group if Brazil is in it. That means more scouts and hopefully more chance of our players moving to Europe. Although it is a double edged sword as there is a big chance of being spanked by Brazil. :lol:

New Zealand will probably face Honduras in the playoffs. Honduras are no pushovers, they have some good players, would expect them to beat the Kiwis.

The seeded teams I would also like England. I wouldn't mind Brazil just for the spectacle of the match, since it's their home tourney, there will be more coverage of our group if Brazil is in it. That means more scouts and hopefully more chance of our players moving to Europe. Although it is a double edged sword as there is a big chance of being spanked by Brazil. :lol:

Haha yeah I wouldn't wanna play Brazil in Brazil. Kiwis are good at parking the bus, they're undefeated at the 2010 World Cup because of that;).

Haha yeah I wouldn't wanna play Brazil in Brazil. Kiwis are good at parking the bus, they're undefeated at the 2010 World Cup because of that;).

Lightning doesn't strike twice, don't think they can pull that off again.

OFC should just join AFC, that way instead of having 4.5 teams for the world cup we will have a full 5 team allocation.

I think the Iranian coach would resign, if that was to happen

Lightning doesn't strike twice, don't think they can pull that off again.

OFC should just join AFC, that way instead of having 4.5 teams for the world cup we will have a full 5 team allocation.

Personally me and many other australian football fans would like East Asia and and west Asia to split with OFC joining East. A lot here don't like the fact that the football power is in the east with the political power in the west and then ofc the fact, Qatar got the World Cup over Australia and US.

Personally me and many other australian football fans would like East Asia and and west Asia to split with OFC joining East. A lot here don't like the fact that the football power is in the east with the political power in the west and then ofc the fact, Qatar got the World Cup over Australia and US.

As long as west Asia gets the 3 WC spots then I'm fine with that. Also the power is not with west Asia, it's with Arabs only. We get screwed over by them more then anyone else.

Team bus after the game

It looks more like a night club lol

Sign of how things have changed. Back 1998 when we qualified for the WC, I remember videos of players reading the Quran in the bus and saying prayers the whole time. Now the arabs can't even control these guys. With time they will lose control over the whole pop'n.

Last edited by a moderator:
best of luck to irani team
smileys-applause-801735.gif
smileys-applause-801735.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom