What's new

Iran refused Indian Air Force aircraft to fly over its territory

dr.umer

Reaction score

NEW DELHI, Dec. 11 (APP): India disclosed on Thursday that Iran did not allow fighter jets of Indian Air force to fly over its territory on way to the United States for taking part in the Red Flag air-combat exercise in September.

Indian External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee while responding to a question in Lok Sabha said after turning down the request of India by Tehran, an alternative route was taken.

To a question on the India-Pakistan-Iran gas pipeline, Mukherjee said Indian Petroleum Minister had written a letter to his Iranian counter-part in November, asking for a meeting of the three countries on the mega project.

good shot iran they can go by afghanistan but not pak iran

Can it be termed as "coldness" in Iran-India relations?

I don't see why not. Iran hates the United states and it's Imperialist counterparts who're keen on threatening iran on a monthly basis. Recent activity in india has also resulted in clarifying the strong "Support" america suddenly now holds for India.

If you think about it, Iran's response makes sense.

I don't see why not. Iran hates the United states and it's Imperialist counterparts who're keen on threatening iran on a monthly basis. Recent activity in india has also resulted in clarifying the strong "Support" america suddenly now holds for India.

If you think about it, Iran's response makes sense.

I agree specially when we see that IAF fighters were on-route to US to take part in joint exercises.

I agree specially when we see that IAF fighters were on-route to US to take part in joint exercises.

Indeed. Would've been fun if Iran had intentionally scrambled a couple of their Tomcats to chase the Indian fighters out of their airspace. :P

The look on the Indian pilots would've been HILARIOUS!

"Buutt hey, we halped youse wid dah migzz! we frands! noez?"

And some Indian here told me that 'cuz we r making a road from Iran to AFG so we have very good relations with Iran

I think Iran has shown some positive changes and that we should not waste time in befriending them completely with military and economic relationships. If anything, they sorely need our grooming and we sorely need friends.

And Pakistan allows India flights over its territory.

I think the whole 2003 initiated Peace process was a sham to negotiate flights over Pak airspace. I think if we kill over head air flight the Indian mission in Afghanistan is toast.

Old news discussed already in some thread long back, The refusal was during Red Flag exercises.

Iran is India's gateway to Afghanistan.

India is to gain access to Iranian airfields, should there be a breakout of tensions against Pakistan

Rigggghtttt. lol We all know how much the Iranians LOVE the zionists and their allies.

Restrictions to overfly can happen anywhere due to political reason or pressures…As in below case too…

India doesn’t let North Korea plane overfly to Iran

For Iran to not let the IAF overfly, the reason is quite clear: they were going to USA…

Sukhois on way to US denied overflight by Iran-India-The Times of India

There is even a strategic pact between India and Iran. India is to gain access to Iranian airfields, should there be a breakout of tensions against Pakistan

Can you please provide a source of your statement or is it just that you think so ?

And Pakistan allows India flights over its territory.

I think the whole 2003 initiated Peace process was a sham to negotiate flights over Pak airspace. I think if we kill over head air flight the Indian mission in Afghanistan is toast.

Why don't they try and see?. Lack of will, I guess.

That was really funny !! NOT ALLOWED

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom