Iran orders subway coaches from China in return for sold crude oil money

cirr

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
29 July 2013, 10:39 (GMT+05:00)

Azerbaijan, Baku, July 29 / Trend T. Jafarov /

Iran has ordered 315 coaches for metro lines from one of the Chinese companies, Tasnimnews reported with reference to the deputy head of Iranian Committee for Transportation and Fuel Management Amir Jafarpour.

Jafarpour noted that the coaches will be put in commission in the cities of Isfahan, Shiraz and Tabriz.

This order will be paid out of the funds that were to be obtained by Iranian side from the sale of oil to China.

Jafarpour said that this situation is related to the sanctions imposed against Iran, as a result of which Iran compensates the return of money from oil sold to China with the order of subway coaches.

"The Chinese have frozen the money from the oil sold by us, they themselves used the percentage from that money," Jafarpour said.

He said that the Chinese in exchange of money for oil, offered Iran to build 5,000 kilometers of subway lines, but due to the extremely high price, the offer was rejected.

Iran has previously held a number of deals and agreed with a number of countries, including Turkmenistan, India, Pakistan, etc., on the barter of products and technical equipment in exchange for the sale of oil and oil products.

It should be mentioned that the U.S. and the Western states imposed a series of economic sanctions against Iran because of its nuclear program.

Sanctions are aimed at the foreign financial institutions that conduct operations with Iran. Tehran, in turn, claims that its nuclear program is designed for only power production and medical purposes.

Iran orders subway coaches from China in return for sold crude oil money - Trend.Az

It is nothing new , i remember 16 years ago when they were having mercedes cars for the police , they striked a similar deal with germany and oil.

29 July 2013, 10:39 (GMT+05:00)

Azerbaijan, Baku, July 29 / Trend T. Jafarov /

Iran has ordered 315 coaches for metro lines from one of the Chinese companies, Tasnimnews reported with reference to the deputy head of Iranian Committee for Transportation and Fuel Management Amir Jafarpour.

Jafarpour noted that the coaches will be put in commission in the cities of Isfahan, Shiraz and Tabriz.

This order will be paid out of the funds that were to be obtained by Iranian side from the sale of oil to China.

Jafarpour said that this situation is related to the sanctions imposed against Iran, as a result of which Iran compensates the return of money from oil sold to China with the order of subway coaches.

"The Chinese have frozen the money from the oil sold by us, they themselves used the percentage from that money," Jafarpour said.

He said that the Chinese in exchange of money for oil, offered Iran to build 5,000 kilometers of subway lines, but due to the extremely high price, the offer was rejected.

Iran has previously held a number of deals and agreed with a number of countries, including Turkmenistan, India, Pakistan, etc., on the barter of products and technical equipment in exchange for the sale of oil and oil products.

It should be mentioned that the U.S. and the Western states imposed a series of economic sanctions against Iran because of its nuclear program.

Sanctions are aimed at the foreign financial institutions that conduct operations with Iran. Tehran, in turn, claims that its nuclear program is designed for only power production and medical purposes.

Iran orders subway coaches from China in return for sold crude oil money - Trend.Az

I think its not a bad idea for Govt. of Pakistan to invest in Oil and Gas pipeline from IRAN to China and India and setup some local refineries in order to fulfill local needs and Pakistan can sign a contract with IRAN to supply both oil and gas to Pakistan on much cheaper rates than international ones.

Also this will help Pakistan to remove CNG completely from System.

Well China forces Iran to buy their products too and don't want give back money for oil sold.
Some people in Iran don't complain since they are doing business in Iran and win lot of money with it.
Of course Iran becomes more and more poor but these guys don't care : themselves get rich...
we never have seen so many luxury cars in Iran imported ...
in the same time than more and more Iranians suffer hardly. especially sick ones and poor ones.

You mean like that China backs up Iran, and as a result China forces Iran to buy their products or they would turn against them? I hardly think that's the truth :what:
Well China forces Iran to buy their products too and don't want give back money for oil sold.
Some people in Iran don't complain since they are doing business in Iran and win lot of money with it.
Of course Iran becomes more and more poor but these guys don't care : themselves get rich...
in the same time than more and more Iranians suffer hardly. especially sick ones and poor ones.

many billions were blocked by China
and China said we can buy them products relative to this amount of money

believe me i know better what happens inside Iran than you ;)
even members of parliament confirmed it

but yeah Iran is so isolated ... it is easy to use it to make benefits out of this ;)

This article is from azerbaijan times , i guess by "coaches" they mean iran's volleyball team coach

do you have link(s) to this accusation?

but yeah Iran is so isolated ... it is easy to use it to make benefits out of this ;)

you dont sound like an iranian to me

this is the best part :sick:

there is a problem in paying iran, even India is facing the same issue. We used to pay using a turkish bank but that route is closed it seems.

do you have link(s) to this accusation?
you think you can read this from newspapers in Iran? (in newspapers in Iran everything is fine Iran economy is good)
if you want to check go to balatarin but all is in farsi
and i have my source from parliament so it is not newspaper from a conservative
i could find it as well in balatarin so you can check there
you dont sound like an iranian to me
and you are better Iranian than me, it sound very logic

there is a problem in paying iran, even India is facing the same issue. We used to pay using a turkish bank but that route is closed it seems.
yeah i know
but at least if like india they give gold it is more ok ;) i criticize the attitude keeping money and then saying "you have no choice than import our cheap products" so not only this but it doesn't help for the economy in iran: many companies had troubles because of the impossible competition with cheap products imported

i don't mean all china is acting bad or chinese are monsters or something like that
but it is very wrong to think china acts friendly with Iran: it is very untrue

you think you can read this from newspapers in Iran? (in newspapers in Iran everything is fine Iran economy is good)
if you want to check go to balatarin but all is in farsi
and i have my source from parliament so it is not newspaper from a conservative
i could find it as well in balatarin so you can check there

and you are better Iranian than me, it sound very logic

yeah i know
but at least if like india they give gold it is more ok ;) i criticize the attitude keeping money and then saying "you have no choice than import our cheap products" so not only this but it doesn't help for the economy in iran: many companies had troubles because of the impossible competition with cheap products imported

i don't mean all china is acting bad or chinese are monsters or something like that
but it is very wrong to think china acts friendly with Iran: it is very untrue

Some people are obsessed with the idea of "anti western" hegemony by China and the mullahs, they don't know how China actually looks at the Mullah regime. The Shah was close to China (both of us in Taiwan and mainland, he visisted Taiwan and donated money to built the grand mosque there) and even after America gave up on the Shah during the revolution China was still clinging on and Hua Guofeng was the last foreign leader to visit the Shah and inivted him to visit China in 1979. Chinese media even continued to refer to the Shah as the head of state and Shahanshah even after he fled Iran in January. In every visit to Iran under the Shah Chinese dignataries and media praised him and referred to him by his title or "imperial majesty".

During the revolution, Chinese media claimed that the demonstrators against the Shah were foreign agents and financed by foreign countries. While America was pulling back support and criticizing the human rights in Iran under Carter, China decided to deepen its support even more and criticized the American policy. China also knew that the Shah did really not like America. The Shah made anti American, anti Britain, anti western and anti Jew statements in several interviews with Mike Wallace and other reporters.

China thought that the Soviet Union would install a puppet regime if the Shah fell and decided to recognize the new regime only when it supported an anti Soviet foreign policy because China wanted an open supply line of weapons to the mujahideen in Afghanistan.

This is China Central Televisions inteview with the Shah's son recently

Last edited by a moderator:
what's the matter with shah's son ?
by the way did you know he said (and his mom :D) he is shah ;)

what 's the matter with "anti western " hegemony?
you're working very much with western countries and it is good for China : without US and Europe markets China would be down
i don't get what means "anti western" hegemony ? you have an explanation ?

and by the way, my friend, royalists represent 5% of Iranians or so.

what's the matter with shah's son ?
by the way did you know he said (and his mom :D) he is shah ;)

what 's the matter with "anti western " hegemony?
you're working very much with western countries and it is good for China : without US and Europe markets China would be down
i don't get what means "anti western" hegemony ? you have an explanation ?

and by the way, my friend, royalists represent 5% of Iranians or so.

I am talking about the "anti imperialist" people who have fantasies that the Mullahs in Iran are "standing up to the west".

You only need 5% of people to rule over the other 95%. ;) jk

yeah that's true your last comment . sadly .

ok thanks for the explanation.

the funny part of the "shah" is that his mom is the strong one and deciding for him... indeed his brother was much more strong ... he died not a long time ago in USA. some people say about his brother he was like the father of shah: you know the shah (i mean the last in power) was much more soft than his father: his father was a terrible dictator... but i guess he was from this period of terrible dictators that sadly the world experienced . tc

Back
Top Bottom