What's new

‘Iran next to join emerging power SCO’

Admitting India and Pakistan into SCO is strategic blunder that SCO has done. Whatever SCO was before now it will become a joke.

still better joke then saarcccc..

That's a fair point, we have no problem with either Iran or KSA, so it's hard to pick a side.

And we are currently the top trading partner for both these countries.

Personally, I don't think China should get involved in the sectarian divides of the Middle East. That seems like a very dangerous thing to do.

The entire world is fighting in the Middle East right now, except for China. Our only involvement is economic, and in terms of selling weapons like our armed drones to the Iraqi Government.

That said, I do think Iran should be allowed to join the SCO. You have seen we are even willing to let our rivals like India into it, so I don't see why Iran should not be.
Well The fact is both India and Pakistan, putting aside their conflict, have fairly neutral foreign policy. They always have. Throughout the history they have always minded their own business.

Iran is different. Like China and Russia, Iran has always had its own agenda and ambitions. So admitting Iran into SCO will also bring its complexities as well. Having said that, I also think SCO should admit Iran as the benefits would highly outweigh the risks.

Iran and Turkey should both Join , Pakistan will sponsor your membership as a Full Member of SCO :P

Iran and Turkey should both Join , Pakistan will sponsor your membership as a Full Member of SCO :P
Old topic but as you can see Iran won't join SCO group, too busy too useless and they don't want us as well.
Chinese don't want this happen b/c of their own calculation.

Iran have more will to join EEU however I think that won't happen aswell.
both of EEU and SCO are useless for Iran in my mind.
Iran will nor join any group in upcoming yrs.

Back
Top Bottom