What's new

Iran-India and Afghanistan

Aryan Nation

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
Hello to my Indian friends.

I want to ask, what do you think of the Iran-India chah bahar project and how it will affect Afghanistan? It will of course be a positive change for them after all these years of war and oppression by Taliban.

How do you see future for Iran-India influence in Afghanistan and what we can do to reduce the influence of like saudis arabia and their puppets whom support terrorists like taliban and Al qeada.
we need to help Afghans destroy that taliban tumor which is being fed from outside nations.

What do you guys think of a joint Iran-India military base in Afghanistan?

Will be a great alternative to Gwadar. Unreliable power supply in pakistan harms economy. Iran has no such problem and will help in massively aiding it's economy as US can do zilch about that. Afghanistan is nowhere the zombie pro soviet regime of 1991. It's resources, Iran's strategic location in Persian Gulf and India's technology and financial aid will mean no more butt wiping the West to work the sea lanes.

Anyways - Welcome AN!

Not a big fan of this. It could rub Israel the wrong way. Balance is key.

I want to ask, what do you think of the Iran-India chah bahar project and how it will affect Afghanistan? It will of course be a positive change for them after all these years of war and oppression by Taliban.

How do you see future for Iran-India influence in Afghanistan and what we can do to reduce the influence of like saudis arabia and their puppets whom support terrorists like taliban and Al qeada.
we need to help Afghans destroy that taliban tumor which is being fed from outside nations.

Chah Bahar is a key project for India which will give both India and Afghanistan the capability to bypass pakistan.also,this project will be key for Iran as it'll be a full fledged Free Trade and Industrial Zone..India is laying lies from Chah Bahar to Afghanistan and making roads..so,it'll be beneficial for Iran too..

If Iran govt increases its co-op to defeat Taliban,we'll be most pleased as Taliban is a common enemy for all of us..

Indian Govt provides various kinds of help to ANA,like training and selling weapons platforms,transports etc.but It is not our common stand to fight others war.so,I don't think India will go ahead for Joint Army base in Afghanistan.also,there'll be political side effect with other countries.I think we should assist them to fight their own war,by providing platforms and training,not by fighting their war.

anyway,wellcome to PDF..

As GR!FF!N said, the project can be an important one for our economical and energy related relation to your country and Afghanistan, but the requirement for this is stability in Afghanistan and less offensive bragging from your leaders (I hope that changes now with the new president.
However, India has no interest in any military involvement in Afghanistan, nor in any defence relations with Iran, because of the obvious tensions with the west and other Gulf countries. If policies in Iran changes, India could be very important in future, be it economically, politically as well as with cultural exchange, where both countries have a long history anyway.

Welcome to PDF!

See ideally we want great relations with iran my friend.India invested in chabahar port as afganisthan is landlocked and we can transit good through iran avoiding pak to afganisthan this would economically benefit iran,india and afganisthan.We can definitely use iranian help in our trade with central asia.
The main hurdle in indo iranian ties is currrent nuclear problem with USA and israel,since we have sensitive ties with both[nuke deal usa,weapons tech israel] we are in a muddle not of our making,What we hope for ferverently is iran-usa-israel solve the problem..and we can do massive economic co operation with iran like gas,trade transit,oil imports.
Thanks.

The signifcance of this project cannot be understated. However certain factors could mean this project fizzles out into nothing.

One key part (for India) is that this offers India a route out of the land-locked nation without having to go through Pakistan. The fact Indian companies are bidding for mining rights on resources worth hundreds of billions in Afghanistan- this port will/could become HUGELY important from an economic POV.

As far as military utility- well that's a bit less obvious and perhaps a little less important for the immediate future.

A LOT depends on what happens in Afghanistan post 2014 and what happens in Iran.

Well ! Chahbahar Port can be seen as alternative for Gwadar but Its actually don't effect much to Taliban as what OP wants . It actually effect Pakistan and Chinese strategy to take more advantage from Gulf region Trade and to encircle the activities of all those forces which are considered as potential threat for our interests in Arabian sea region . A Guerilla force like Taliban who don't depends on economy neither need any heavy armed machines to be supplied , How could be they effected when Pakistan itself is involved in a front against them? :what:

India-Iran has comman enemy Taliban & Chahbar gives a route to Afghanistan to connect with rest of world. If we manage to make Afghanistan self sufficient & helps them to educate their people then Taliban destroys automatically. India & Iran both helps Afghanistan to terminate the Taliban in covert way.

Love Iranian people and culture it is so rich! we should expand trade ties and do some covert defence deals under the table also

Back
Top Bottom