What's new

'Iran economy no longer oil-based'

Reaction score
Iranian industry, mine and trade minister insists that the country’s economy is not oil-based, contrary to the conception of those that have imposed anti-Iran sanctions.

Addressing an open session of the Majlis on Tuesday on the performance of his ministry, Iran’s Minister of Industry, Mine and Trade Mehdi Ghazanfari said, “Contrary to the belief of those that have adopted sanction measures [against us], Iran’s economy is [no longer] oil-based”.
Pointing to the extensive responsibilities of his ministry, he added that it handles nearly 40 percent of the nation’s economy.
Ghazanfari underlined that 21 percent of the Gross Domestic Product takes place in the industry and mines and another 18 percent is conducted through trade and services.
According to the minister, Iran’s non-oil exports stood at USD eight billion in 2004 while the figure reached to over USD 50 billion in 2010.
Iranian industry, mine and trade minister went on to say that the sanctions imposed on the Iranian oil are to generate an economic shock, emphasizing that “The nation’s economy is no longer dependent on oil.”
Ghazanfari also stated that from 2004 to 2010, Iran had exported over USD 192 billion worth of goods as well as engineering and technical services, mostly by the private sector.
'Iran economy no longer oil-based'

Not by a long shot!!!

767px-Iran_Export_Treemap.jpg

Its imperative for the long term stability of Irans economy to diversify in this manner. This is great to see and i hope Iran continues to shine through all the adversity that this nation is constantly put through - Iran must be commended for this!

as i know the amount of oil we export is just 45% of the total !!! NOT 79%!!! it was for many years ago!

Doesntn mather, That still mean Half of your entire export is just grude oil.

At least we are not getting any aid from American or German taxpayers.
داداش قرصاتو برعكس خوردي امروز

So i guess export of Persian carpets on the rise.

Actually, Pakistan is the largest exporter of hand made carpets. In many of our types, Persian is also made. If Iran was not sanctioned, then there would have been a different story.

What they (Iranians) export or import things in detail doesn't matter. For an unaware person like you should worry about at the end of the day is the economic growth, which here in present situation is quite good.

So i guess export of Persian carpets on the rise.

Wow - thats a constructive post dude. What burns you so much that one has to resort to such tickle tackle posting? Either be constructive or please dont post poor quality dross - just devalues the forum.
Whats even more classical is our friend Mosa thanking you. This simply says it all........
Anything positive or juicy regarding economy in Iran - foaming at the mouth syndrome. Guys stop showing so much unnecessary hatred.

iran have the 40 % of the carpet bussiness in hand , and also the best quality :) :D
and if we were not sanctioned our military export would be more than 1 Bn$

iran have the 40 % of the carpet bussiness in hand , and also the best quality :) :D
and if we were not sanctioned our military export would be more than 1 Bn$

Are you not exporting drone technology to Venezuela?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom