What's new

Iran displays new twin-engine drone

The Ronin

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Iran displayed a new home-made double-engine drone during the Exhibition of Knowledge-based Enterprises and Advanced Technologies.

64731_815-jpg.582940

The aircraft is the second Iran-made double-engine unmanned plane after Sarir (Picture source: FARS News)

The exhibition dubbed ‘Made in Iran’ was held in the Hossainiyeh of Imam Khomeini in Tehran earlier this week. The double-engine drone made of a composite structure has been manufactured by Iran’s private sector, Tasnim news agency said in a report.

The report did not reveal any further detail about the drone, but the aircraft is the second Iran-made double-engine unmanned plane after Sarir.

http://airrecognition.com/index.php/archive-world-worldwide-news-air-force-aviation-aerospace-air-military-defence-industry/global-defense-security-news/2019-news-aerospace-industry-air-force/october/5555-iran-displays-new-twin-engine-drone.html?fbclid=IwAR09emW8s0l3MsZ_brwZkg54dmSbd7c4uMs6ymYO-qrLIx-
NwEekwsJGfps

64733_580-jpg.582942

Iran displayed a new home-made double-engine drone during the Exhibition of Knowledge-based Enterprises and Advanced Technologies.

64731_815-jpg.582940

The aircraft is the second Iran-made double-engine unmanned plane after Sarir (Picture source: FARS News)

The exhibition dubbed ‘Made in Iran’ was held in the Hossainiyeh of Imam Khomeini in Tehran earlier this week. The double-engine drone made of a composite structure has been manufactured by Iran’s private sector, Tasnim news agency said in a report.

The report did not reveal any further detail about the drone, but the aircraft is the second Iran-made double-engine unmanned plane after Sarir.

http://airrecognition.com/index.php/archive-world-worldwide-news-air-force-aviation-aerospace-air-military-defence-industry/global-defense-security-news/2019-news-aerospace-industry-air-force/october/5555-iran-displays-new-twin-engine-drone.html?fbclid=IwAR09emW8s0l3MsZ_brwZkg54dmSbd7c4uMs6ymYO-qrLIx-
NwEekwsJGfps

64733_580-jpg.582942
No offense, but those drones has very limited value in the war with U.S. Most unmanned drones are not high tech at all, it won't survive in the war with any powerful enemies.

I personally guess those generals just throw out some new toys in front of mass to boost the morale. Please forgive me if I am wrong.

The real thing is 3.5/4th generation fighter jet and Long-Range Air-Defence System. Those are deterrence, unmanned drones are not.

No offense, but those drones has very limited value in the war with U.S. Most unmanned drones are not high tech at all, it won't survive in the war with any powerful enemies.

I personally guess those generals just throw out some new toys in front of mass to boost the morale. Please forgive me if I am wrong.

The real thing is 3.5/4th generation fighter jet and Long-Range Air-Defence System. Those are deterrence, unmanned drones are not.
I am not saying Iran should lose its "guard" but under Trump the chances of a war is quite low I mean he keeps on threats towards Tehran but barley makes any moves however Iran must develop more of its missile for long range purposes

I am not saying Iran should lose its "guard" but under Trump the chances of a war is quite low I mean he keeps on threats towards Tehran but barley makes any moves however Iran must develop more of its missile for long range purposes
China has hydrogen bomb in 1960s, and DF-4 in 1970s, which could easily destroy any countries' capital within 5,500 km in a few hours. Still we don't feel safe and spent trillions to build our force.

Iran will not live on the mercy of the Very Stable Genius, the great looking Orange head.

Propeller and body size provides information about the performance.

worry not! there is gonna be no war between the US and Iran. however there WILL be punishment for any country who might be thinking of harming Iran, (be it Türkiye or Arabia or Pakistan). Iran is a very important near future partner.

Its a tall task standing up against the US. Getting into an armed conflict is even worse. Wonder how the Afghan Taliban did it.

I suspect that the saudis would disagree with you on that score after the recent strikes on their refinery,I would imagine that the israelis and americans would too.I wouldnt underestimate what a large force of small 4th and 5th gen ucavs could do against the right target.
Small uavs/ucavs are not intended as manned aircraft replacements and likely never will be,but on the other hand that doesnt mean that they dont have some rather potentially nasty capabilities when used in the right way.

As a matter of fact, from what I see in the photos, most of the people there are not military generals. It's an exhibition of products made by knowledge enterprises. Anyone can register a company in Iran and follow the procedure to get a knowledge enterprise certificate. So, a private company has built that, not one of Iran's military arms. But of course there's a possibility that the company building this is linked to the Iranian Army (Artesh) or the IRGC.

I suspect that the saudis would disagree with you on that score after the recent strikes on their refinery,I would imagine that the israelis and americans would too.I wouldnt underestimate what a large force of small 4th and 5th gen ucavs could do against the right target.
Small uavs/ucavs are not intended as manned aircraft replacements and likely never will be,but on the other hand that doesnt mean that they dont have some rather potentially nasty capabilities when used in the right way.
Those UAV can not deal with communication interference and GPS/Beidou/Glonass gps interference

A small UAV force is actually easy to defeat electronically with new developments including jamming communications, and GPS data to prevent the drones from knowing where they are and eventually crashing/returning to base. Kinematic it is also easy to beat with developing radars for short range platforms like Pantsir, Tunguska, etc that are being made especially after Khmeimim airbase incident where Russians figured out they were lacking the ability to accurately track small RCS targets with little to no metal parts. If KSA had had any of these systems they would have been able to thwart the Iranian attack.

BatelleDroneDefender.jpg

The Pantsyr-SM, also known as Pantsir-SM, is an upgraded variant of the Russian Air Force Pantsyr-S ground-based air defense system optimized for engaging unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) and operations in the extreme cold Arctic climate. The upgraded air defense system will receive an extensive modernization to intercept UAVs and is expected to be ready for serial production by 2015. The Russian Armed Forces may take delivery of newly produced and older Pantsyr-S retrofitted to the Pantsyr-SM air defense system beginning in late 2015. In November 2017 it was revealed that the new weapon system will use new missiles which will increase the kill range to 40 kilometers.

th

And then there is laser systems which could have interesting in future because they will never miss really, and can take out targets in quick succession.

Last edited:
no functional landing gear? its a model only

64731_815-jpg.582940

NwEekwsJGfps

64733_580-jpg.582942

Back
Top Bottom