What's new

Iran-China to improve 25-year-cooperation: Zarif

Philosopher

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
TEHRAN, Jun. 24 (MNA) – In a tweet in Chinese, Iranian FM Zarif informed that in his talks via a video conference with his Chinese counterpart on Wednesday, they have conferred on the development of a 25-year cooperation document as well as some other issues.

On the verge of Dragon Boat Festival in China, I am really pleased about holding a video conference with Chinese FM Wang Yi," he tweeted.

"We compared on various subjects such as deepening strategical all-out mutual ties, development of the 25-year cooperation document, and reinforcement of mutual protection in international affairs," he added.

"We re-underscored on our support for the JCPOA, multilateralism, and international regulations and jointly announced our disagreement with unilateralism and weakening the JCPOA."

"I seize this opportunity to hope our Chinese friends a happy Dragon Boat Festival," he wrote.

3435711.jpg

3484682.jpg

HJ/4957716

https://en.mehrnews.com/news/160157/Iran-China-to-improve-25-year-coop-document-Zarif

Iran, China agree to deepen strategic ties, Zarif says

TEHRAN – Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif announced on Wednesday that he held talks with Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi through a videoconference, saying they agreed to deepen their strategic ties.

“We reached an agreement on deepening of comprehensive strategic cooperation between the two countries, promoting of bilateral 25-year cooperation plan and supporting each other in international issues,” he said in a tweet in Chinese language.

He added, “The two sides reiterated their support for Iran’s nuclear deal, multilateralism and international law and opposed practicing unilateralism and weakening Iran’s nuclear agreement.”

Government spokesman Ali Rabiei said on Tuesday that Iran and China have drafted a 25-year plan for comprehensive cooperation which proves failure of the plots to isolate the Islamic Republic.

“This plan proves failure of the United States’ policies to isolate Iran, sever Iran’s relations with the international community and also to harm Iran’s will to expand relations with other countries,” Rabiei said during a press conference.

He said that the 25-year plan is based on a win-win approach which “heralds long term cooperation”.

“Recognizing cultural commonalities, encouraging multilateralism, supporting equal rights of the nations and insisting on domestic development are parts of this plan,” the government spokesman explained.

In a meeting on Sunday, the cabinet of ministers approved the final draft of the 25-year comprehensive cooperation plan between Iran and China.

Rouhani said the strategic partnership between the two countries is based on a win-win approach.

“This cooperation is a ground for Iran and China’s participation in basic projects and development of infrastructure, including the large ‘Belt and Road’ initiative, and an opportunity to attract investment in various economic fields, including industry, tourism, information technology and communication,” the presidential website quoted Rouhani as saying.

NA/PA
https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/449212/Iran-China-agree-to-deepen-strategic-ties-Zarif-says

TEHRAN, Jun. 24 (MNA) – In a tweet in Chinese, Iranian FM Zarif informed that in his talks via a video conference with his Chinese counterpart on Wednesday, they have conferred on the development of a 25-year cooperation document as well as some other issues.

On the verge of Dragon Boat Festival in China, I am really pleased about holding a video conference with Chinese FM Wang Yi," he tweeted.

"We compared on various subjects such as deepening strategical all-out mutual ties, development of the 25-year cooperation document, and reinforcement of mutual protection in international affairs," he added.

"We re-underscored on our support for the JCPOA, multilateralism, and international regulations and jointly announced our disagreement with unilateralism and weakening the JCPOA."

"I seize this opportunity to hope our Chinese friends a happy Dragon Boat Festival," he wrote.

3435711.jpg

3484682.jpg

HJ/4957716

https://en.mehrnews.com/news/160157/Iran-China-to-improve-25-year-coop-document-Zarif
Iran culture is inspiring to me. Literature, art, architecture, Persian carpet, and most importantly, language legacies, philosophy and history.

I made a comparison of Iran and China. Let me know anyone is interested.

Attachments

• ChinaIranHistorySynchronized.pdf
    115.6 KB · Views: 70
  • ChinaIranHistorySynchronized.xlsx
    11.9 KB · Views: 43
  • ChinaIranHistorySynchronized.docx
    15 KB · Views: 53
Iran culture is inspiring to me. Literature, art, architecture, Persian carpet, and most importantly, language legacies, philosophy and history.

I made a comparison of Iran and China. Let me know anyone is interested.
Great comparison.
However, Iranians would argue that our modern period started after the Persian constitutional revolution in 1905, during the late period of the Qajar dynasty.
And the modernism movement in Iran started in late 19th century where Iranian students who had gone to Europe returned to Iran and the kings of Qajar started importing European technology to Iran.

Great comparison.
However, Iranians would argue that our modern period started after the Persian constitutional revolution in 1905, during the late period of the Qajar dynasty.
And the modernism movement in Iran started in late 19th century where Iranian students who had gone to Europe returned to Iran and the kings of Qajar started importing European technology to Iran.
Same thing applies to China Qing dynasty. When the youngsters come back from overseas, they requires reform.

The Qing dynasty did some reform, but blocked by conservatives. Military reform failed, navy was defeated by japan in 1894.
It's sad story.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom