What's new

iPhone made up over half of smartphone shipments in North America during Q1

Hamartia Antidote

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States

A new report by Canalys shows that the iPhone accounted for half of the smartphone shipments in North America in Q1 of 2022, achieving a 51% market share powered by the strong performance of the iPhone 13.
“The North American smartphone market has been buoyed by Apple’s strong growth,” said Canalys Analyst Brian Lynch. “This quarter, the iPhone 13’s high popularity was the key driver. With global demand more uncertain, Apple has shifted more devices back into North America after prioritizing other regions in Q4 2021, allowing it to greater fulfill demand and deliver on backorders from the previous quarter.”

Canalys also reported that the latest iPhone SE, despite not being mmWave-enabled, will open the door for market growth in the coming quarters. Previous reports believe the iPhone SE could be Apple’s affordable 5G option to turn a billion Android users into switchers.

In total, North American smartphone shipments reached 39 million units in Q1 2022. Apple grew 19% YoY with a 51% market share. Samsung was up 1% and took a 27% market share thanks to its new S series and A series devices.

iphone-shipment-9to5mac-q1-2022-north-america.jpg

Last year, Apple accounted for a 45% market share with 16.9 million iPhones shipped. This time, the company shipped 19.9 million smartphones.

Apple’s iPhone is followed by Samsung, Lenovo, TCL, and Google. For the next quarters, Lynch believes North America will continue to be a priority to manufacturers:

Heavy discounting and high trade-in values are being used to lure in and retain customers for the region’s biggest telcos, easing pressure on the high-end smartphone market. Supply will remain a key bottleneck for the top vendors in the upcoming quarter, but North America will continue to be a priority and is likely to maintain healthy supply levels. The North American market is well placed to avoid any significant volatility in shipments despite the uncertain outlook of its economy.
You can read the full report here.

Yes, American companies supply the brains and China supplies the assembly line manpower. That's the typical deal with many products in the world.
Most Chinese has job and decent paid with factory here while most american can only eat dirt being jobless or homeless with the elite american 1% enjoying the fruit as the brain while zero supply chain to create jobs for most american. :enjoy:

Most Chinese has job and decent paid with factory here while most american can only eat dirt being jobless or homeless with the elite american 1% enjoying the fruit as the brain while zero supply chain to create jobs for most american. :enjoy:

haha! Apparently you think the majority of the Chinese population is living better lives than most Americans.

I guess you have never been out of your city to see how the typical Chinese person is actually living.

The entire 1.4 Billion population of China is not living a tier 1 city life. Far from it.

Last edited:
haha! Apparently you think the majority of the Chinese population is living better lives than most Americans.

I guess you have never been out of your city to see how the typical Chinese person is actually living.

The entire population of China is not living a tier 1 city life.
Really?

US August 2021

I think you have lost touch with US reality. Maybe soon you will claim US is safer than China too. :lol:

Are you try to sidetrack from reality Chinese worker are eating American worker lunch? Poor thing. :enjoy:

Really?

US August 2021

I think you have lost touch with US reality. Maybe soon you will claim US is safer than China too. :lol:

Are you try to sidetrack from reality Chinese worker are eating American worker lunch? Poor thing. :enjoy:

LOL! That is a tiny number of people in that city who aren't really interested in working or living in government housing.

Meanwhile you have 10's to 100's of millions living in basically shacks in the countryside trying to survive. They'd love to live a 1st tier city life like they see touted on Chinese news.

LOL! That is a tiny number of people in that city who aren't really interested in working or living in government housing.

Meanwhile you have 10's to 100's of millions living in basically shacks in the countryside trying to survive. They'd love to live a 1st tier city life like they see touted on Chinese news.
Sorry to say that this video show is only 1% of the problem and plight of real American. Checkout the youtube comment for those video.

While troll like you cant back your words beside some useless rant or probably try lowlife trick by using video of 10 years ago try to depict current China. :enjoy:

Sorry to say that this video show is only 1% of the problem and plight of real American. Checkout the youtube comment for those video.

While troll like you cant back your words beside some useless rant or probably try lowlife trick by using video of 10 years ago try to depict current China. :enjoy:

Let me get this straight...you are the one calling me a troll in a thread I started about iPhone sales in the US ...that you decided to hijack with off topic stuff? :whistle:

Let me get this straight...you are the one calling me a troll in a thread I started about iPhone sales in the US ...that you decided to hijack with off topic stuff? :whistle:
A one who deny facts and keep trolling with delusion and twisted fact is not troll then is what? Like trying to deny the mass shooting problem and try claim China is more dangerous with knife attack every 5 years compare to every week US mass shooting. Or mass ordinary american living off street but claim by some as richer than Chinese who has house, food and job, being able to feed themselves off. I am stating facts, you have difficulty to accept facts, right? I think its not only you but most American.... :enjoy:

Ted Cruz Storms Out on British Interviewer When Asked Why School Shootings Only Happen in America​

usa had to ban Huawei to save apple.

Huawei never had much of a marketshare in the US.
In fact I don't think they ever opened one store or ran advertisements.

I think the highest they ever got was when they made the Google Nexus over 10 years ago. Even then it wasn't very significant.

nexus-6p-9693.0.0.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom