What's new

iPhone 5S

A1Kaid

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
It's official the release of iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c are here.

hero.jpg

The iPhone 5s, HTC ONE, Sony Xperia Z, are the three main contenders.

Features and Specs of the iPhone 5s are listed at the link below.

http://www.apple.com/iphone-5s/features/

why do I always feel that through Google, Apple and Microsoft the big fishes are snooping on me. call me a conspiracy theorist but I dont feel good about this. First google comes up with FaceUnlock, that scans your face - for all I know they are sending all that data somewhere else. And now comes this Finger print scanner, an easy way to get finger print scans of a large population......
Damn these guy are getting smart :smart:

Whatever it may be, congrats to those who will be buying it :D

the new button looks good and the gold one is sheer class :smokin: :smokin:

but iPhone 4S :smitten: nothing beats it

The specs on iPhone 5S are pretty much half of Samsung Galaxy Note 3 which will be released on September 25, 2013.

Carefully watch the following video to get a good idea how far iPhone has fallen behind its rivals:

Apple banged on and on about the Siri feature on iPhone 4S which turned out to be an expensive waste of time while Apple is now going on and on about the Touch ID feature on the iPhone 5S.

I believe this Touch ID feature was also available on a Motorola phone while it has also been tried and tested on many Japanese phones. It is considered an unreliable technology so far for phones.

Last edited by a moderator:
The specs on iPhone 5S are pretty much half of Samsung Galaxy Note 3 which will be released on September 25, 2013.

Carefully watch the following video to get a good idea how far iPhone has fallen behind its rivals:

Apple banged on and on about the Siri feature on iPhone 4S which turned out to be an expensive waste of time while Apple is now going on and on about the Touch ID feature on the iPhone 5S.

I believe this Touch ID feature was also available on a Motorola phone while it has also been tried and tested on many Japanese phones. It is considered an unreliable technology so far for phones.

First of all the entire comparison is a bit absurd because he's comparing a smart phone to a mini-tablet/smart phone the Galaxy Note 3 is way larger than the iPhone (it's a different class of products). It would be like comparing a tablet computer to a PC I suppose. What the comparison doesn't take into account is though iPhone 5s has 1136 x 640 pixels (~326 ppi pixel density) and the Galaxy Note 3 has (1920 x 1080, with ~386 ppi), on paper it looks like the Galaxy Note 3 is better because it has more pixels per inch and higher resolution (which it should considering it's much larger size) the iPhone 5s however has larger pixels which give you sharper and better defined image, simply adding more pixels isn't going to give you a better display on a larger screen.

As far as the camera's iPhone 5s' surely has better camera quality, don't let the megapixel difference fool you. Though it has 8MP and Galaxy Note 3 has 12MP iPhone 5s has larger pixels which are 1.5 microns large, other contending smartphones use 1.0 or 1.1 microns large pixels. To put it simply iPhone does more with the lesser pixels it has than the other smart phones do with the more they have.

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all the entire comparison is a bit absurd because he's comparing a smart phone to a mini-tablet/smart phone the Galaxy Note 3 is way larger than the iPhone (it's a different class of products). It would be like comparing a tablet computer to a PC I suppose. What the comparison doesn't take into account is though iPhone 5s has 1136 x 640 pixels (~326 ppi pixel density) and the Galaxy Note 3 has (1920 x 1080, with ~386 ppi), on paper it looks like the Galaxy Note 3 is better because it has more pixels per inch and higher resolution (which it should considering it's much larger size) the iPhone 5s however has larger pixels which give you sharper and better defined image, simply adding more pixels isn't going to give you a better display on a larger screen.

As far as the camera's iPhone 5s' surely has better camera quality, don't let the megapixel difference fool you. Though it has 8MP and Galaxy Note 3 has 12MP iPhone 5s has larger pixels which are 1.5 microns large, other contending smartphones use 1.0 or 1.1 microns large pixels. To put it simply iPhone does more with the lesser pixels it has than the other smart phones do with the more they have.

don't talk nonsense

1)iphone has no expandle memory slot
2)cannot root the phone
3)has no file manager
4)no removable battery
5)nothing can be transferred without itunes
6)ios7 is a complete ripoff of android and plain boring looking
7)most costly phone around
8)only 326 ppi ,,,,,,,not even a 720p resolution when competetion has moved to 1080p!!
9)weak processor compared to snapdragon 800 and adreno 330 gpu found in lg g2 and xperia z1
10)no widgets available like in android!!
11)no home screen and app launcher still

now what??

on note 3 vs iphone5s pixels

there is no comparison as

1)note uses amoled screen with pentile layout and iphone 5s uses IPS LCD with rgb layout

IPS lcd has better ability to be readable under sunlight but amoled is better in punchy colours and viewing angles plus its black levels are infinite meaning perfect which lcd can never achieve

2)Iphone has used a7 processor that brings 64 bit processor first time in a mobile phone but it has no particular advantage as 64 bit is useful only when ram is more than 4gb ram but iphone5s has only 2gb ram!!

It's official the release of iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c are here.
hero.jpg

The iPhone 5s, HTC ONE, Sony Xperia Z, are the three main contenders.

Features and Specs of the iPhone 5s are listed at the link below.

Apple - iPhone 5s - Features

xperia z was launched last year

this year its xperia z1 man and it massacares iphone 5s

The only thing good in apple phones and ipads is powerful power vr series of gpu's but even that gap has been reduced by adreno 330.

in fact adreno 330 may be better than latest series of power vr sgx

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom