What's new

Introducing Batogah Top Lake

ghazi52

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Introducing Batogah Top Lake

Situated Chillas side of the Batogah pass lake. This lake is just 30 min hike from the Batogah top bypass road. An alternative road to Babusar pass that leads from start of Gittidas villege and leads to 14000+ ft pass Batogah pass and then to Chillas.

Its a jeep track newly redone and way better than many jeep tacks. The way is very nice and like Babusar pass you can see Toshe ri, Nanga Parbat etc from the top. The lake is of significant size and have red flower invasion in late july and aug. This was after 2 snow falls but snow is going to go away in a few days.

There are a total of 6 lakes at a short distance of each other. Biggest one is this one as big as Sambaksar or Spinkhur lake. it has amazing placement and many many amazing views which would leave a lasting impression of a nature lover.

With the grace of Allah we were able to visit 3 out of 6 lake there. Batogah top lake and Bazone 1,2 lakes (approx14k feet). The Bazone 3 almost 15000 ft but its not as big (big enough for someone who knows his way around a camera)

The jeep takes 1 hour from the Giitidas village to Btogah top and then lake is just 10 min drive below the top.

This is an old and known road and the first time I got to go there in 2008 and the this weekend I got to go there again with the same jeep driver from 2008. In 2008 It was made possible by Aamir Rashid sb (Beiznillah) who took me there in our google map lake hunting days. There are many lakes we did that entire week with camping on each lake. That also lead me to be featured in his book about Kaghan valley which pretty is much is the only accomplishment

OCt 13 2019
By: Farooq Seeru

72363950_2852773378101461_1190266992569876480_n.jpg

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom