What's new

Interesting ideas to minimize poverty

I dont believe population control will reduce poverty...Europe has controlled its population yet we have poor people (soem druggies) who beg around even with the welfare system...

Maybe I should have called the thread something like "contributions of society to aid the needy"

Yes, but even if you train the poor they wont be earning at once, will take a while before they get to the earning position...

My say was more on what can society do to help provide food is the least one can do....
true they can't earn right away... and for this we have a lot of programs only problem is they got executed by those who had never seen hunger... let the poor hold the spoon that feeds poor.. and hunger will reduce. the public distribution system if ran by poor has eliminated atleast hunger from Indian sub continent

bottom line......decrease population....
sadly govt. doesnt take this seriously....
It is not the bottom line...Decreasing the population causes after affects when a small number of "young" have to support a large older generation like in Japan and some EU countries are facing this and also the ill treatments in old people homes...You want to end up there, be my guest please dont suggest it to others, thank you!

true they can't earn right away... and for this we have a lot of programs only problem is they got executed by those who had never seen hunger... let the poor hold the spoon that feeds poor.. and hunger will reduce. the public distribution system if ran by poor has eliminated atleast hunger from Indian sub continent
Sorry I am a little confused as to what you are suggesting what do you mean by
let the poor hold the spoon that feeds poor

and poor people are not hungry? Why when I said it that was wrong but when an Indian is demonstrating it he is right?
no this is not about you or a indian... I am telling that people who do such work like leaving the high paying job or finding extra time to help poor its great work.. you do it or any other human.. its great but not enough... it can help poor to linger on.. but can't remove poverty.

your thread was about ideas of minimizing poverty... so I said in that context.. otherwise its a good work.. better then doing nothing

In Pakistan we have Edhi with all his works from feeding, providing medical care to caring for unwanted children as well as unwanted elder grandparents....

Dr. Abdul Sattar Edhi, NI, LPP, RMA, IBP, GPA, MSP (Memoni, Urdu: عبدالستار ایدھی‎, Gujarati: અબ્દુલ સત્તાર ઇદી), or Maulana Edhi, is a prominent Pakistani philanthropist, social activistand humanitarian. He is the founder and head of the Edhi Foundation, a non-profit social welfare organization in Pakistan. Together with his wife, Bilquis Edhi, he received the 1986 Ramon Magsaysay Award for Public Service. He is also the recipient of the Lenin Peace Prize and the Balzan Prize. In 2006, Institute of Business Administration Pakistan conferred an honoris causa degree of Doctor of Social Service Management for his services. In September 2010, Edhi was also awarded an honorary degree of Doctorate by the University of Bedfordshire. In 1985 Edhi received the Nishan-e-Imtiaz from the Government of Pakistan. On January 1, 2014, Eidhi was voted Person of the year 2013 by the readers of The Express Tribune.

He was born in 1928, in the city of Bantva in what is now western India. Edhi's first interaction with human suffering occurred at the age of eleven, when his mother was physically paralyzed and later suffered from mental illness. Edhi spent his waking hours caring for her, and her worsening health and eventual death left a lasting impact on his life. In 1947, at the age of 19, Mr. Edhi's family was forced to flee their hometown and relocate to Karachi. Finding himself in a new city without any resources, Edhi resolved to dedicate his life to aiding the poor, and over the last sixty years, he has single handedly changed the face of welfare in Pakistan. Edhi founded the Edhi Foundation, with an initial sum of a mere five thousand rupees. Regarded as a guardian for the poor, Edhi began receiving numerous donations, which allowed him to expand his services. To this day, the Edhi Foundation continues to grow in both size and service, and is currently the largest welfare organization in Pakistan. Since its inception, the Edhi Foundation has rescued over 20,000 abandoned infants, rehabilitated over 50,000 orphans and has trained over 40,000 nurses. It also runs over three hundred and thirty welfare centers in rural and urban Pakistan which operate as food kitchens, rehabilitation homes, shelters for abandoned women and children and clinics for the mentally handicapped.

Edhi has remained a simple and humble man. To this day, he owns two pairs of clothes, has never taken a salary from his organization and lives in a small two bedroom apartment over his clinic in Karachi. He has been recommended for a Nobel Peace prize by the Prime Minister of Pakistan. On June 25, 2013 Edhi’s kidneys failed and it was announced that he will be on dialysis for the rest of his life, unless he finds a kidney donor.

200px-Abdul_Sattar_Edhi.jpg

If 1 man can make such an enormous difference how can this idea be wrong?

i personally support a two child policy for each and every family in india.
@Himanshu Pandey what say?
good for you! In China they had a 1 child policy when the earthquake killed that 1 child many realized this was not a good idea...

It is not the bottom line...Decreasing the population causes after affects when a small number of "young" have to support a large older generation like in Japan and some EU countries are facing this and also the ill treatments in old people homes...You want to end up there, be my guest please dont suggest it to others, thank you!

Sorry I am a little confused as to what you are suggesting what do you mean by

ok let me give an example.. you would have heard about MNREGA and mid day meal projects in India to help poor, and let them earn, some other projects are AGANVADI and ASHA projects.. in which government spent more the 1 lac caror rs. per year.. but still none of them are success as the people who are responsible to run the program has never faced hunger, lack of education, disrespect and all other things which comes with poverty... so these programs are just most corrupted social programs... if these had been ran by those who had been poor or who are poor.. I am sure the result has been thousand time better.

no this is not about you or a indian... I am telling that people who do such work like leaving the high paying job or finding extra time to help poor its great work.. you do it or any other human.. its great but not enough... it can help poor to linger on.. but can't remove poverty.

your thread was about ideas of minimizing poverty... so I said in that context.. otherwise its a good work.. better then doing nothing
Yes my thread is about Ideas...meaning please contribute to other ideas like this which can be implemented without paper pushing and without need of corrupt govt who end up eating all the money...

ok let me give an example.. you would have heard about MNREGA and mid day meal projects in India to help poor, and let them earn, some other projects are AGANVADI and ASHA projects.. in which government spent more the 1 lac caror rs. per year.. but still none of them are success as the people who are responsible to run the program has never faced hunger, lack of education, disrespect and all other things which comes with poverty... so these programs are just most corrupted social programs... if these had been ran by those who had been poor or who are poor.. I am sure the result has been thousand time better.
That is why I am asking for ideas which dont involve government agencies but simple projects which a daily man can do! I wrote this in my 1st post...please read it!

This is what I wrote:

I am dedicating this thread to ideas which are implementable to reduce poverty...Ideas other than taxes and welfare systems or anything to do with the government more like ideas which can be implemented by the people itself ...I know about zakat but very few pay it so other ideas like this one example caught my eye can be posted and discussed here:

i personally support a two child policy for each and every family in india.
most educated ppl follow it.....i will even say ,,if u r financialy strong to have more then 2 children then have 3,4,7, doesnt matter....no problem.
sala khud ko khane ke lale hai aur janam de ke baccho ki zindagi bhi kharab karte hai.........these ppl disgust me...
what did the child do to deserve such a life???anpadh gawar sale..

I am against all that is definite and set terms and rules.. let people decide how many child they can afford... increase the awareness in people but don't force anything.
tab toh kuch nahi hona.....

That is why I am asking for ideas which dont involve government agencies but simple projects which a daily man can do! I wrote this in my 1st post...please read it!

This is what I wrote:
thats a hard thing to do.. let me think about a good solution which don't involve government.

most educated ppl follow it.....i will even say ,,if u r financialy strong to have more then 2 children then have 3,4,7, doesnt matter....no problem.
sala khud ko khane ke lale hai aur janam de ke baccho ki zindagi bhi kharab karte hai.........these ppl disgust me...

Mind your language please....

:raise:
Stop feeding politicians.
Yes true unfortunately its not voluntary...they "steal" from whatever comes into the country and rob the people with the word tax while themselves pay nothing...so those creatures are at a different level!

aisa nhi hai.. hota hai.. south india ka 2011 ka census check karo.. the had reached on 2.1 and even few states are going down then it... this way takes time but the result are good and long

Back
Top Bottom