What's new

Inside the Hanger of CV-16 Carrier (Leoning)!

Really like the MiG-29K-KUB, Russians must look into bringing up an upgraded version of Su-33s which they have like improved engine, Airframe(composites) and especially avionics too...

I am sure then could easily gain some order from INAF which is just buying MiG-29Ks....

Really like the MiG-29K-KUB, Russians must look into bringing up an upgraded version of Su-33s which they have like improved engine, Airframe(composites) and especially avionics too...

I am sure then could easily gain some order from INAF which is just buying MiG-29Ks....

I'm sorry, but are you serious when you say that?

Russian has no money... In fact, they go for Mig-29K is becos India is paying all the development fees and therefore, Russian can save the development cost of Mig-29K, bring down the per unit cost for themselves. If they want upgraded Su-33, they need to eat their pride and seek the Chinese help. But they will never do that.

This is the extract from ministry of China for defence regarding J-15(Aka upgraded Su-33)

First, J-15 has an avionics more advanced than Su-33. Su-33 is equipped with old-fashioned ARINC429 discrete avionics system of one-way low-speed data bus, while J-15 adopts joint avionics system of bidirectional data bus.

TS-100, the Su-33's fire-control computer, has a computing speed of only 170,000 times per second, while the J-15's fire-control computer has an estimated computing speed of over several million times per second.

The J-15 owns a much more advanced radar system than the Su-33. Due to its backward avionics system, the Su-33 can only serve as interceptors, and is incapable of air-to-ground precision strike.

The J-15 adopts improved materials and production techniques, and thus has greater strength and lighter weight.

Finally, the J-15 is powered by home-made Taihang (WS-10) turbofan engine, which is more powerful than the Su-33's engine. Overall, the J-15 is superior to the Su-33, and is comparable to world-class carrier-based aircraft such as the United States' F-18 and France's Rafale.

China's J-15 fighter superior to Russian Su-33 - People's Daily Online

Back
Top Bottom