What's new

Infrastructure Development in Pakistan

Because the metro bus system was built on the build–operate–transfer basis via the collaboration between the Punjab and the Turkish government.

The system was inaugurated by Punjab, Chief Minister, Mian Shahbaz Sharif on February 11, 2013, in a ceremony attended by Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Bekir Bozdağ, Prime Minister and PML-N chief Nawaz Sharif, as well as ambassadors from a number of other countries. The Mayor of Istanbul, Kadir Topbaş, also announced a gift of 100 buses.

But, bro,seriously. There is huge Japs investment in Delhi Metro, even firstly they transfer the Metro rolling stock technology to BHEL, India. But we didnt even used the Jap flag in India, why we do that. Its our country.

Flying a turkish flag, i dont think there is any sense.

But, bro,seriously. There is huge Japs investment in Delhi Metro, even firstly they transfer the Metro rolling stock technology to BHEL, India. But we didnt even used the Jap flag in India, why we do that. Its our country.

Flying a turkish flag, i dont think there is any sense.

The PM of Turkey and Mayor of Istanbul was there to inaugurate the Bus Service that's why flying a Turkish flag...

It seems like Sharif bradran loves to copy others. Nawaz Sharif wants flag pole copied from India & Shahbaz Shareef copying Mustafa Kamal. When Mustafa Kamal build this KPT bridge he was criticized by whole country for wasting electricity.

2488144753_8bbbe8ebf3.jpg

1485825380_97e64d5154.jpg

787527d1195963860-superb-pics-kpt-interchange-karachi-d_yim_pakwheels-com-.jpg

2prbrq1_wxxww.jpg

218171,xcitefun-karachi-22.jpg
Asalam-o-alikum,

Brother KPT in Karachi was not built by Mustafa Kamal, that bridge was built by KPT, and that Bridge was announced & foundation stone was also laid down by Naimat ul Khan ! the finances of that bridge was provided by KPT on the request of Naimat ul khan!

Danish

I haven't gone through the whole thread (obviously), but can some learned member here inform me what the Pakistani government is doing in regards to diversifying the economy and industrialisation. I usually hear news about mega projects but never have I heard about anyone setting up any major industries or ideas about expanding our economy?

I haven't gone through the whole thread (obviously), but can some learned member here inform me what the Pakistani government is doing in regards to diversifying the economy and industrialisation. I usually hear news about mega projects but never have I heard about anyone setting up any major industries or ideas about expanding our economy?
Asalam-o-alikum,

Brother from last 10 years or so, Pakistani Governments not investing in Industrial Sectors, Governments just making polices for establishing the Industries.

Danish

Asalam-o-alikum,

Brother from last 10 years or so, Pakistani Governments not investing in Industrial Sectors, Governments just making polices for establishing the Industries.

Danish

Wasalam, One of the best ways of expanding a fragile economy like ours is to expand in different sectors and not rely on our current agricultural base to create sustainable development and jobs. I want to see the government take an active role in pursuing the expansion into oil and gas extraction, setting up heavy industries and investing in the manufacturing sector. I am not a qualified economist, but one thing I have learned is that an economy is volatile if it relies too much on one aspect.

Our governments only seem to be able to come out with flamboyant policies but you never ever see the implementation of these so called economic policies. Actually, due to the stupid actions of our governments, our economy is actually going to start to shrink as we can't provide infrastructure for any growth.

Rant over.:taz:

Do you guys have any information about Karachi Mass Transit ?

they said that karachi mass transit will be completed in present gov tenure yellow line metro will be made by Sindh Gov Green line will be made with private partnership Blue line will be made by Malik Riaz and Karachi circular railway will also start there's about 5 km land that need to cleared from encroachments

Actually I asked the similar question several times in this very thread. People think constructing few 30 storey buildings or few middle age bridges is development. Pick any Pakistani city...worst skylines, no modern bridges, no underground subway/transit system.

And yes no news on any industrialization or any plans to uplift the weak economy. It is such a shame that with 190Million people Pakistan's economy is just 300Billions.

Its bus service or MRT?
BRT, like the one you have in Ahmedabad, for example.

Actually I asked the similar question several times in this very thread. People think constructing few 30 storey buildings or few middle age bridges is development. Pick any Pakistani city...worst skylines, no modern bridges, no underground subway/transit system.

And yes no news on any industrialization or any plans to uplift the weak economy. It is such a shame that with 190Million people Pakistan's economy is just 300Billions.
I heard NS was making a textile park in Faisalabad, I guess that counts?

Back
Top Bottom