What's new

IndiGo Sharjah to Hyderabad Flight Lands in Karachi

These are commercial flights. Would be pointless to politicise it and goes against ATC ethos. When a commercial aircraft declares an emergency, ATC don't discriminate based on nationality. It is ATC's duty to provide as much help as possible to the affected aircraft.

Your countrymen are all angry and emotional about another plane landing in Pakistan. What are you going to say to them?

Soon after the 27.2 skirmish, the Indians did try to be adventurous by using a Spice Jet flight as a top cover but after getting intercepted and exposed and Pakistan subsequently closing its airspace, the Indians learnt their lessons well.
It's another thing that if a Pakistani carrier had to make an emergency stop in India then the Indians will be acting all high and mighty and the saving grace of humanity.

Your countrymen are all angry and emotional about another plane landing in Pakistan. What are you going to say to them?
I've already said it Dalit.
Soon after the 27.2 skirmish, the Indians did try to be adventurous by using a Spice Jet flight as a top cover but after getting intercepted and exposed and Pakistan subsequently closing its airspace, the Indians learnt their lessons well.
It's another thing that if a Pakistani carrier had to make an emergency stop in India then the Indians will be acting all high and mighty and the saving grace of humanity.
How many flights originating from a Pakistani airport overfly Indian airspace? My guess is, it's a lot less than vice versa.

How many flights originating from a Pakistani airport overfly Indian airspace? My guess is, it's a lot less than vice versa.
Exactly, that's why Indian carriers were suffering when Pakistan closed its airspace. However as the case in OP shows that its not always the case with over flights.

These are commercial flights. Would be pointless to politicise it and goes against ATC ethos. When a commercial aircraft declares an emergency, ATC don't discriminate based on nationality. It is ATC's duty to provide as much help as possible to the affected aircraft.
Well we would be ok with hosting Indian flights especially on declared emergencies, but with that whack job Modi at the helm, who used commercial traffic to mask an attempted airstrike and how mysteriously an Indian airline squawked an Air force frequency while entering Pakistan, we cannot be too cautious.

If one of these Indian crafts crashes accidently it will create a chaotic situation
It is best to tell Indian craft to make U turn back to Oman , as seen in Map distance to Karachi and Oman was same

estimated 400+ daily Indian flights fly over pakistan
Pakistani airlines fly two current routes weekly 4 flights over India
Islamabad to Malaysia 4 weekly flights
Islamabad to Sydney 2 weekly flights

Sometimes people should look at things beyond the optics of politics and other differences. Imagine being a passenger at 30,000 feet and an emergency is declared. I am pretty sure, we would want everyone to put their differences aside and help save any casualty.

No wonder, with mentality like this South Asia ranks at the bottom of most indexes.

We did it last year.

Back
Top Bottom