What's new

Indigenously developed surface-to-air Akash missile test-fired successfully

I agree. You don't.

WHy wont you add something to this post instead being a LUND

We will test higher range SAM this month under BMD programme with an effective range of almost 100 kms..

Yesterday's test pic

1537713_566257786804884_2364585365351092488_o.jpg

Nice....good to know the range is more....

Do you see how I brought up the range being an issue and look how it sparked a productive response from nother member. Got it Lund?

I get it, You are pretending to be stupid to provoke others to be intelligent :lol: ...........I guess this way you get to be stupid a LOT just so that you can make the society and people around act smart and intelligent. LOL...... what a fantastic strategy. :enjoy:

Why this obsession with the male sex organ ? .....the nation wants to know.

I get it, You are pretending to be stupid to provoke others to be intelligent :lol: ...........I guess this way you get to be stupid a LOT just so that you can make the society and people around act smart and intelligent. LOL...... what a fantastic strategy. :enjoy:

New avatar and already in a tiff over yet another trivial matter??:wacko: You'll beat Lord Manvan at this rate.;)

Anyways, what's a Lingalinga? Reminds me of Ringa Ringa, that famous Telugu song.:D

New avatar and already in a tiff over yet another trivial matter??:wacko: You'll beat Lord Manvan at this rate.;)

Anyways, what's a Lingalinga? Reminds me of Ringa Ringa, that famous Telugu song.:D

What tiff ? I was admiring his sneaky tactics of feigning to be a dunce. A most admirable scheme. Don't you agree ?

Linga Linga is an old Whaling station in Mozambique, it was used to exclusively catch humpback whales but is now a tourist spot. :D

Who is feigning stupdity? Before I brought the issue of range? No stfu Lund. As why I call you Lund, its something you lack and your sister feigns for banchod

Unless this is bieng used as basic building block...I don;t quite understand its significance.

If you want to set up an effective air defence ground environment,then you would need to deploy multiple levels of systems,both missiles and AAA in an overlapping pattern.That's why nations around the world deploys SAMs of different ranges.

For example,the Russians have long range SAMs like a plethora of S 300 variants and S 400 yet they have deployed multiple types of shorter ranged SAMs like Shtil,Tor,Tunguska,Pantsyr etc - why did they do it??You don't quite understand this logic either I suppose....do you??

If an LRSAM was answer to each and every possible threat then nations across the globe wouldn't have been deploying layered air defence networks.Shorter range SAMs and AAAs are needed to protect the heavier and longer range SAMs from enemy air or missile strikes.

Besides,LRSAMs like the upcoming 120 km range Barak 2ER,are much more expensive and hence can not be deployed in greater numbers,on the other hand,the Akash ESHORADS is far more cheaper and be deployed in far greater numbers to and thus can be used to cover larger parts of Indian territory.

It is really high time we started actually inducting them in even more greater numbers than before.

Akash with its 30 Km range would be highly useful in mountainous borders. We really need to start looking at enhancing the SAM range to 300+Km from now on.

If you want to set up an effective air defence ground environment,then you would need to deploy multiple levels of systems,both missiles and AAA in an overlapping pattern.That's why nations around the world deploys SAMs of different ranges.

For example,the Russians have long range SAMs like a plethora of S 300 variants and S 400 yet they have deployed multiple types of shorter ranged SAMs like Shtil,Tor,Tunguska,Pantsyr etc - why did they do it??You don't quite understand this logic either I suppose....do you??

If an LRSAM was answer to each and every possible threat then nations across the globe wouldn't have been deploying layered air defence networks.Shorter range SAMs and AAAs are needed to protect the heavier and longer range SAMs from enemy air or missile strikes.

Besides,LRSAMs like the upcoming 120 km range Barak 2ER,are much more expensive and hence can not be deployed in greater numbers,on the other hand,the Akash ESHORADS is far more cheaper and be deployed in far greater numbers to and thus can be used to cover larger parts of Indian territory.

Very well said. I agree. :tup:

It is really high time we started actually inducting them in even more greater numbers than before.

Akash with its 30 Km range would be highly useful in mountainous borders. We really need to start looking at enhancing the SAM range to 300+Km from now on.

Very well said. I agree. :tup:

Well,a 300+ km range SAM may not be needed at this point of time.When speaking about a SAM system,of course the range is an important factor but not the most important one.

A more important factor is how much lateral acceleration or g can be pulled by the missile and its top speed,it's especially necessary in the wake of high speed and highly maneuverable multirole fighters across the globe.

Given the trend of fighters getting more and more low observable,it will also become exponentially difficult for a ground based radar to be able to detect and track an incoming enemy manned fighter or cruise missile from a long range.And if you can not track them or get a missile lock on them from a longer distance,then where is the need to design and deploy a 300+ km range SAM which will have to be more expensive,heavier and thus less maneuverable compared to a lighter one.Besides,bigger heavier SAM rounds mean you would need bigger vehicles to mount them,a vehicle would need to be bigger and vehicles would be able to carry lesser number of ready to fire missiles and hence you would need greater number of vehicles complicating and enlarging your logistics trails and would your overall expenses to a great extent.Is our current economy and more importantly our transportation infrastructures in border regions yet ready to cope with these above mentioned problems??I leave it upto your understanding.

Well,a 300+ km range SAM may not be needed at this point of time.When speaking about a SAM system,of course the range is an important factor but not the most important one.

A more important factor is how much lateral acceleration or g can be pulled by the missile and its top speed,it's especially necessary in the wake of high speed and highly maneuverable multirole fighters across the globe.

Given the trend of fighters getting more and more low observable,it will also become exponentially difficult for a ground based radar to be able to detect and track an incoming enemy manned fighter or cruise missile from a long range.And if you can not track them or get a missile lock on them from a longer distance,then where is the need to design and deploy a 300+ km range SAM which will have to be more expensive,heavier and thus less maneuverable compared to a lighter one.Besides,bigger heavier SAM rounds mean you would need bigger vehicles to mount them,a vehicle would need to be bigger and vehicles would be able to carry lesser number of ready to fire missiles and hence you would need greater number of vehicles complicating and enlarging your logistics trails and would your overall expenses to a great extent.Is our current economy and more importantly our transportation infrastructures in border regions yet ready to cope with these above mentioned problems??I leave it upto your understanding.

I agree. But we are not talking about fighting USA or Russia here. Our enemies even if one is slightly ahead, are still in manageable envelope of engagement which means that what we need is quality spending on certain key defence materials instead of wasting tonnes of money on expensive platforms. Being a quarter of our immediate threat perception in terms of financial ability, means that we have to spend smart rather than spend hard which we cannot.

Remember, it was the unfounded fear of aerial retaliation by that idiot Nehru and his commanders that almost made us Chinese in 1962. We cannot afford another risk like that. If all hell breaks loose we won't be dealing with MiG-21 replicas or slow moving bombers. We will be dealing with a fury of cutting edge jet fighters capable of high maneuverability, excellent radar and tremendous range, with a devastating arsenal of missiles.

We can have two options here:

1- Overhaul our HAL and ADA capabilities in 'adapting' technologies from platforms that we buy in short term. ( you get the drift)

2- While we slowly continue on the path to indigenous production, we systematically assess our aerial threat in the Eastern sector and accordingly blanket the mountainous border with Akash.

From the limits you speak of, I don't think we have the first option ready thanks to the incumbent government's incompetence.

I agree. But we are not talking about fighting USA or Russia here. Our enemies even if one is slightly ahead, are still in manageable envelope of engagement which means that what we need is quality spending on certain key defence materials instead of wasting tonnes of money on expensive platforms. Being a quarter of our immediate threat perception in terms of financial ability, means that we have to spend smart rather than spend hard which we cannot.

Remember, it was the unfounded fear of aerial retaliation by that idiot Nehru and his commanders that almost made us Chinese in 1962. We cannot afford another risk like that. If all hell breaks loose we won't be dealing with MiG-21 replicas or slow moving bombers. We will be dealing with a fury of cutting edge jet fighters capable of high maneuverability, excellent radar and tremendous range, with a devastating arsenal of missiles.

We can have two options here:

1- Overhaul our HAL and ADA capabilities in 'adapting' technologies from platforms that we buy in short term. ( you get the drift)

2- While we slowly continue on the path to indigenous production, we systematically assess our aerial threat in the Eastern sector and accordingly blanket the mountainous border with Akash.

From the limits you speak of, I don't think we have the first option ready thanks to the incumbent government's incompetence.

Yes....due the incompetence and wide ranging corruption of unprecedented level perpetrated by this UPA 2,our economy is simply can not effort to handle the pressure of developing and deploying another SAM system over and above the Akash and Barak 2.

And there is simply no need either.....at least not for now.The 120 km range Barak 2ER should suffice as an effective anti air craft and anti cruise missile defence for the time being.

Back
Top Bottom