What's new

india's parliament is gonna contained by Dalits on 8th March

Communist

Reaction score
Will there be any major political upheaval in india on 8th March?

NEW DELHI: With Parliament ready to vote on the Women's Reservation Bill, minority and Dalit groups stepped up their demand for including the provision of quota for backward women and threatened to launch protests if the issue was not addressed.

Representatives of the All India Milli Council, Jamaat-e- Islami, Dr B R Ambedkar Seva Dal and Insaan Dost Committee, who have been vocal for introducing a 'quota within quota' for women from the Muslim community, Dalit and other backward classes, said they would agitate over the issue on March 8 and would attempt to gherao Parliament.

The Women's Reservation Bill is to be presented in Parliament for passage on March 8.

"If passed it (the Bill) would amount to injustice against the women belonging to minorities, Dalits and other backward classes...it would lead to further asymmetry in representation and would perpetuate the dominance of a few political families," AIMC General Secretary Manzoor Alam told a news conference addressed by representatives of various organisations.

He said the groups would converge at the Jantar Mantar on March 8 and would try to gherao Parliament.

"Even if the bill is passed, we will continue our agitation for an amendment to the original draft, and will take the issue to the electorate, who are key to the success of political parties," he said.

Mujtaba Farooq of Jamaat-e-Islami said they were in favour of the reservation but in its present form, it will not benefit women of the most backward sections.

Terming the Women's Reservation Bill as "regressive", Hyderbad MP Asaduddin Owaisi claimed that it was not in the interest of Muslims. "If the bill is passed then less number of Muslim will be able to come to the House. I would oppose it," AIMIM MP told reporters outside parliament here. Owaisi, however, said "the UPA government has undertaken some good steps for Mulsims like introducing scholarship scheme but the proposed bill is a regressive step by the government."

Minority, Dalits demand introduction of 'quota within quota' for women - India - The Times of India

Communist, nice selection of title.. keep them coming.

Communist, nice selection of title.. keep them coming.

What could be an alternative title?

I had to make the title short. Plus, I don't consider 'gherao' as an English word. TOI might consider, but in my English dictionary there is no such word as gherao. So I used contain instead of gherao.

^^^^guru and avatar weren't English words either before. Maybe gherao will become on as well ;)

@topic
I don't see really how useful this bill would be a real improvement if we look at the Panchayat 50% reservation situation. Most of the female reps are still controlled by their husbands rather than take independent decisions.

Also the reservation should be rotating and not restricted to one constituency. So after 3 elections every constituency has had a female rep.

I would still say that this should be about 5-10 years down the line when we would be closer to achieving universal education and a higher literacy rate among the female population.

^^^^guru and avatar weren't English words either before. Maybe gherao will become on as well ;)

@topic
I don't see really how useful this bill would be a real improvement if we look at the Panchayat 50% reservation situation. Most of the female reps are still controlled by their husbands rather than take independent decisions.

Also the reservation should be rotating and not restricted to one constituency. So after 3 elections every constituency has had a female rep.

I would still say that this should be about 5-10 years down the line when we would be closer to achieving universal education and a higher literacy rate among the female population.

Agree with you there. Forced representation isn't going to go a long way.

Will there be any major political upheaval in india on 8th March?

I know u hate India, have some complex and always trying to propagate, what does it has to do with India's defense section.

But u should listen to what WebMaster says

"All the posts related to Indian affairs & politics, but doesn't relate to its military or defence will need to go to India News and Discussions thread in the World Affairs section.

Not taking such measures will get the threads locked, posts deleted, and members warned/suspended/banned.

Thank you for your help in making this forum better."

So before twisting title of the thread and starting troll, plz read rules.

Also, why burden Mods with unnecessary work load they are already having enough.

thanks

Back
Top Bottom