What's new

India’s Muslims worried about controversial Hindu leader as national elections begin

it is quiet a clear article written. Modi and RSS means danger for secular nature of our nation. but, brainwashed rightwingers will obviously will support Modi as if it is a religious duty.

Yeah right. People of all religions are idiots voting for him.

We have had enough of these foreign-funded looters in our country in the name of secoolarism.

These so-called intellectuals have no suggestions on what bothers and traumatizes 1.25 billion Indians everyday - inflation, joblessness, economy, poverty, terrorism, slums, sanitation, polluted rivers, polluted air, bad roads, bad schools, bad hospitals, unsafe unreliable drinking water, daily electricity blackouts, hopelessness, starvation, etc.

They have only one suggestion, "Indians must appease Muslims, and Modi must be stopped." :ashamed:

Secoolarists, dude. They are just doing what they are supposed to do; brainwash common people to continue in-fighting. Ignore them and do your job of voting sensibly. Once the good results kick in, all will realize the mistake.

Why BJP is needed the most right now apart from Development is that such and fear mongering will be end forever and many politicians shop will be closed who do politics only on fear mongering. I hope and believe that BJP will prove all these fear mongers wrong and expose them to the Indians.

Muslims have remained backward because they worry about these irrational things rather than development.

I think more than India's MUSLIMS.....our good friends from NEIGHBORHOOD are worried about Modi................

@MBI Munshi No link to your book mate???

Yeah right. People of all religions are idiots voting for him.

We have had enough of these foreign-funded looters in our country in the name of secoolarism.

Secoolarists, dude. They are just doing what they are supposed to do; brainwash common people to continue in-fighting. Ignore them and do your job of voting sensibly. Once the good results kick in, all will realize the mistake.

No we must remain a state where electoral strategy includes distributing free blankets to the poor (UP). :mad:

Indians must not feel any shame about the fact that after near 70 years of being an independent nation it still has to go about treating its citizens as beggars. A right to education bill you say, I say splendid, education is a must. A right to food, precarious but OK continue. But no, we must also be the nation which needs regular hand outs of a piece of cloth to cover our modesty or shield us from the bite of the cold wind.

HOW DARE YOU INSINUATE ANYTHING DIFFERENT!! @arp2041 LYNCH THIS FOOL!!

Indian people need the passion back in their lives,to be able to see a passionate leader who doesnt let greed and sloth affect him.

A passionate leader who can show them the way.

Har Har Modi,Ghar Ghar Modi.

No big fan of deifying a leader or personality cult based rhetoric, but we might end up with a PM who knows how to kick *** with a pair of rattan sticks.8-)

These so-called intellectuals have no suggestions on what bothers and traumatizes 1.25 billion Indians everyday - inflation, joblessness, economy, poverty, terrorism, slums, sanitation, polluted rivers, polluted air, bad roads, bad schools, bad hospitals, unsafe unreliable drinking water, daily electricity blackouts, hopelessness, starvation, etc.

They have only one suggestion, "Indians must appease Muslims, and Modi must be stopped." :ashamed:

Excellent post kuri!

No big fan of deifying a leader or personality cult based rhetoric, but we might end up with a PM who knows how to kick *** with a pair of rattan sticks.8-)

Fully agree with your concern about personality cult. Modi is already too powerful within BJP. I'm not happy with that. The reason I've come to view Gandhis as shameless and come to detest them is because of the absolute power they enjoy. Thats not good for the system.

Excellent post kuri!

Fully agree with your concern about personality cult. Modi is already too powerful within BJP. I'm not happy with that. The reason I've come to view Gandhis as shameless and come to detest them is because of the absolute power they enjoy. Thats not good for the system.

The saving grace is that the personality based politics on his side is not based on lineage and bloodlines. He will not be able to perpetuate his line's rule through a son and then a grand son and so on and so forth. Plus the BJP has a tendency of refreshing the roster at the higher levels leaving only the constituency level electorates in the hands of a family here or there.

Excellent post kuri!

The point of him becoming powerful was to negate the wrong accusations that have been thrown at him. He took absolute power within Gujarat too; but through work.. My sister has settled in the state for the last 16 years and tells me the transformation he has brought. Before her telling me, I didn't have the wildest idea about that state, which is on the opposite direction of my hometown.

A strong leader is important for India at this juncture because right now the biggest fear we all have is indecisiveness and broad-daylight robbery that was caused due to fractional power that UPA has experienced.

The Nehru dynasty even if it ever wanted something good for India once in a while, was unable to implement it because of the severe problem in their coalition of 'stuff everyone, live with everyone'. So even if we are willing to give Sonia a benefit of doubt that she could have one in ten chances have done a good thing for India, she couldn't.

Currently, we need someone who is strong decision-maker, business-minded, job-creationist, development oriented, and at the same time is equally accountable enough. And honestly, we don't have too many people fitting in that category. So Modi is BADLY needed.

I say this neither as a BJP worker or a member (I am not affiliated to any political party and BJP is TINY in my state; google BJP in sikkim and see), but only say this as a person whose brothers are daily risking their lives at the border for a simple government's salary, hoping that a strong government will take care of the country while they are fighting at the border or against terrorists.

Muslims have remained backward because they worry about these irrational things rather than development.

They are backward, because they vote as Muslims and not as individual Indians. And those who vote as educated, sensible, rational Indians regardless of religion, know the dangers of this.

Also, with these secoolar parties giving education status to madrassa-pass outs, their standard of knowledge and education is much poorer than those who study in public or private schools and come up in state or national boards. These students, of all communities, are weaker, narrow-minded and have no tools or ability left in them to compete against the board-exams toughened minds of students in NCERT or other syllabuses in the country.

As a result, a madrassa educated muslim student remains eligible only for low-paying, low-grade specific government jobs which is usually reserved for such candidates. Subsequently, they lead dissatisfied lives when they see students of other boards excel and become businessmen, scientists, engineers, doctors etc leading a fine life compared to them, and looking at the problem of them following religious laws with multiple spouses and multiple kids, their limited income gets further broken.

This sadly, makes them look for solutions in the very things that put them in the mess; secoolarism in politics.

Sadly this becomes a never ending cycle.

Last edited:

Absolute power is not bad sometimes especially when one with fairly good intentions are at helm of affairs.

If not anything, it helps in setting up the accountability.

Absolute power is not bad sometimes especially when one with fairly good intentions are at helm of affairs.

If not anything, it helps in setting up the accountability.

I know what you are saying. But you are saying we kinda depend on luck, that we get a good leader who is very strong. But I'm more of a system kind of guy, who thinks the systems should be good and governed in a good way, then one does not have to depend on luck of finding a good leader who is an autocrat. The risk is too high.

I know what you are saying. But you are saying we kinda depend on luck, that we get a good leader who is very strong. But I'm more of a system kind of guy, who thinks the systems should be good and governed in a good way, then one does not have to depend on luck of finding a good leader who is an autocrat. The risk is too high.

Nopes, not luck but democracy.

I want all of us to collectively decide whom to give absolute power. Sometimes I wonder we are overly pessimistic about assertive behaviour of Modi. I dont see him superposing any of his ideas on BJP manifesto which is getting only more liberal.

May be that is because of we haven't seen enough of strong "leaders".

Nopes, not luck but democracy.

I want all of us to collectively decide whom to give absolute power. Sometimes I wonder we are overly pessimistic about assertive behaviour of Modi. I dont see him superposing any of his ideas on BJP manifesto which is getting only more liberal.

May be that is because of we haven't seen enough of strong "leaders".

BTW I want Modi to win. We just don't have a choice.

Back
Top Bottom