What's new

India's Man portable loitering munition, First of its kind ready for induction.

Ajamal

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India

India's Man portable loitering munition, First of its kind ready for induction.

Nagastra 1 with 1.5 kg payload and 15 km range is ready, Nagastra 2 with 4 kg warhead and 25 km range tested successfully, Nagastra 3 with 15 kg warhead and 100 km range is under development.

Man portable munitions can be very useful in surveillance as well neutralizing small targets. The munition can be recovered with parachute and can be reused. This will give India a great flexibility in tactical warfare and pin pointing target with annk or artillery.

Man portable munitions can be very useful in surveillance as well neutralizing small targets. The munition can be recovered with parachute and can be reused. This will give India a great flexibility in tactical warfare and pin pointing target with annk or artillery.
These are Kamikaze munitions and are NOT meant to be recovered.

These are game changer specially for unconventional forces like fighting dictators, occupiers and so on. Modern equivalent of stingers.

US marines has been using similar system since 2010.

Haven't watched the video but this seems concerning. From what I understand, equipment wise, the land forces of both India and Pakistan are evenly matched. Moreso than the navies and the air forces. So, I would assume that we are we working on something similar?

@Signalian , @PanzerKiel, ?

Haven't watched the video but this seems concerning. From what I understand, equipment wise, the land forces of both India and Pakistan are evenly matched. Moreso than the navies and the air forces. So, I would assume that we are we working on something similar?

Chinese have swarm drone. Much more complicated stuff than this. I Don’t expect much quality stuff from Pakistani R&D while on limited budget.

From my relative in the armed forces, the answer is no, and even if we did, it would not tilt the balance. The one saying is this, the Indians are arming at an alarming pace, and with quality arms, they, in effect, have the edge over our land forces.

While we make fun of Indians, they are learning fast, and he's gone on to say batches of Indians are being trained in Europe and US. The difference being they are implementing what they are learning.

Plain and simple, we've wasted 20 years and learned nothing example, right in front of us with weekly body bags of our boys. No drone or other asset coverage a total lack of 21st century war fighting ability. We've been busy playing politics and not following what the job description says.

What is evenly matched? Rafale Vs JF 17, Jhina class Vs Kolkatta class, Augusta Vs Scorpene, MKI VS F 16, Migage 2000 vs Mirage V, Nilgiri class Vs Type 54?

What is evenly matched? Rafale Vs JF 17, Jhina class Vs Kolkatta class, Augusta Vs Scorpene, MKI VS F 16, Migage 2000 vs Mirage V, Nilgiri class Vs Type 54?
You have compared a medium weight fighter with a LCA (rafale and Jf17), and compared a frigate with a destroyer.

Great work

You have compared a medium weight fighter with a LCA (rafale and Jf17), and compared a frigate with a destroyer.

Great work

A pakistani poster claimed that. I asked him the question that which weapons have the parity?

A pakistani poster claimed that. I asked him the question that which weapons have the parity?
No, you decided to compare two different class of weapons together. That's like me comparing the Nirbhay sub sonic cruise missile with the Shaheen 3 Ballistic Missile.

Cheap loitering ammunition has alot of potential.

Pakistan shud also start working on it

Back
Top Bottom