What's new

India's current account deficit down to 1.3% of GDP: Jaitley

Have you bitch to Anna Fedec about that your "dishonesty" claim yet?
TradingEconomics.com | About us
Trading Economics was founded by Antonio Sousa and Anna Fedec in New York City. Antonio has 10 years of experience performing global economics research and advanced computer programming skills applied to the development of global macro and event driven trading strategies. Antonio holds a MBA in Finance and a degree in Economics and previously he was Chief Strategist for one of the world's largest financial trading firms. Anna Fedec is editor-in-chief for Trading Economics. She holds a Master Degree in Economics and International Relations. Trading Economics is headquartered in New York, has a team of analysts and developers in Lisbon and dedicated staff across the world.
TRADING ECONOMICS
New York | Lisbon
+16465938917

Remember your "Histogram" complete BS? That was just plain stupid don't you think ha? LMAO
Now all of a sudden NY Times? You mean the New York Times right? You seems not just illiterate, stupid, self-humiliating but also now eccentric, that's new! OK then what about it?

Stick to topic. You selected data representation to advance your BS theories.

I would however suggest you to learn some manners before you delve into economics though.

Stick to topic. You selected data representation to advance your BS theories.
I would however suggest you to learn some manners before you delve into economics though.

What "theories" I have shown so far? Show me, quote me, I openly challenge you. Don't tell me woulda shoulda again.

Yes I selected the data source for Trade Deficit, External Debt, are the numbers inaccurate? If so show me right here other sets of credible numbers you see as accurate, I fold right away, if not then you just STFU. Yes the data "representation" i.e. the Bar Graph (not HISTOGRAM you illiterate) was also chosen from exactly the same source, so have you bitched your illiterate "Truncated Bar Graph = Dishonesty" fume at Anna Fedec in NY (that's a city, not NY Times, either you an idiot or going off-topic) yet?

Manners? Funny, I didn't see any in your BS posts, why you suggest that?

Wonder when would be India's toilet account deficit down to 50%???

Wonder when would be India's hunger index down to 50%???

Wonder when would be India's GDP/capital surpass Sub-Sahara Africa ???

We don't know when it will happen, or whether it will even happen or not! What we can do is looking at some facts, say from World Bank link:
GDP per capita (current US$) | Data | Graph
Latest (2014) data shows that
Sub-Saharan-Africa was 1,773.9
That is 11.2% higher than india's 1,595.7​
I am very optimistic about Sub-Saharan-Africa, it literally has many world's fastest growing countries (South Sudan tops the world by 36.2% last year), huge landmass, rich in natural resources, and countries (China in particular) are investing heavily in its infrastructure & manufacturing.

Cant GST passed by ordnance ... ?
simple answer is No.
it would need to be passed by both houses and then adopted by state assemblies.
however LS passage is through and given how states are on board on revenue makeup, that won't be difficult.
only hurdle is Rajya Sabha or more precisely Congress's rigid stand.
lets hope winter session sees passage of bill. in this context election results of bihar are important not because they'll havemuch impact on RS composition, but due the fact that Congress RJD JD etc want to portray government policies as anti people. if BJP wins even simple majority, this opposition will melt away.

Oil prices in full swing
market insiders believe they'll stabilize at 60-65$ range in near future, pretty manageable for India. Also Iranian oil will start coming in by end of this year and hence unless OPEC springs a surprise in form of production cuts, i suppose we can sleep peacefully over the issue.

Why? have you applied for a toilet cleaning job in India

Hunger is Okay but we won't use gutter oil

In your lifetime so breathe easy

YOU TROLL!!!

Why? have you applied for a toilet cleaning job in India

Hunger is okay but we won't use gutter oil

In your lifetime you lowlife TROLL !

That was more of a sarcasm, typical line baiter's use when pointed at economic data. CPI is less than half of what it used to be when Modi took over, WPI is in negative for a while now. Tackling inflation was the government's first priority soon after it took over. A series of steps were taken in the first few months – MSP hikes were kept subdued; states were discouraged from announcing bonuses over the MSP; FCI procured only as much was needed for the buffer stock and welfare programmes, including the National Food Security Act; 5 million tonnes of grain were released in the open market.

In addition, there was an attempt to tackle price spikes caused by sudden shortages - export restrictions were imposed on some commodities; the minimum export price on onions was doubled; states were extended a line of credit to import pulses and edible oil; fruits and vegetable were de-listed from the Agricultural Produce and Marketing Committee (APMC) Act, potatoes and onions were brought under the Essential Services Maintenance Act (ESMA) and stockholding limits imposed; there was a crackdown on hoarders.
Complementing this was developments in the world market. Fuel prices fell pretty steeply, as did commodity prices. The decline was particularly noticeable in the oil, which India imports in huge quantities. So unlike what the Modi baiter's would like you to believe it's not all due to oil prices.

@anant_s @nair

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom